Sorry, But It's Time To Leave

PhonThong

12 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

this vietnam?

its worse than thailand - hanoi hit 240 earlier in the week!!

1355172597_Screenshot2019-12-15at10_00_43AM.thumb.png.20899cf35c8be732e1066af5676fb02a.png

Who the <deleted> would want to live in Hanoi???? May as well stay in Bangkok or Chang Mai and die from the smog.

many clean places with clean air to breathe.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Phonthong,

If you are married to a Thai women, then you only need 400K which is half what a retiree would need to deposit.

800k is a lot but 400k shouldn't be any problem.

He has already explained that he doesn't want to bother with the hassle

of an extension based on marriage. Anyway his young wife has already decided to leave

so he leaves. The air pollution seems to be the major problem and for some reasons

they don't want to relocate in another place in Thailand with a better air quality

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, malibukid said:

don't mine the finnicial requirements but if the government wants us to anti up then they must improver the quality of life here.  what i mean is, fix the pollution, enforcement of traffic laws, make the sidewalks safe.  not worth it to stay if these problems are not addressed. lots of other countries have better infrastructure and are safer.  saw an ambulance stuck in traffic today,  could have been me.  scary.   what are they doing with all this money anyway?

The government doesn't have to do anything. I very much doubt they sent you a personal invitation to come to Thailand. Stay or go , I doubt the government,nor anyone else, cares one iota.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I left long ago and post in the pub and in world politics. I know some of the people here from online and in person so it doesn't seem that odd. Many pub sections are funny to read. I do the world politics section because it is 90% American politics. 

So world politics = American politics! Only to Americans.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mstevens said:

I, like many, fall in to the category of people who left Thailand but still check in on this forum. Nothing should be read in to this.

If you lived in Thailand for a long time and left it doesn't necessarily mean you wish to sever all ties with the place. Some of us have a Thai wife, Thai family and still visit Thailand from time to time. Just because we left doesn't mean we don't still have an interest in the place. We left because we prefer to live elsewhere, but we still have ties to Thailand, hence we still check in here.

No problem with people checking in etc. I do find it annoying though that some people who have left feel the need to continue posting as though they have never left. It is easy to assume some of the most prolific posters are firmly entrenched in Thailand and comment on just about everything, when in fact they have left Thailand ( if they ever lived here at all!!) quite some time, years in some cases. That in itself is quite ok generally speaking, but when they give their 'advice' it is usually quite dated and often irrelevant. This can be very confusing for the newer or potential arrivals.

Many people have genuine reasons to have left as many more do to stay.

Unfortunately both camps have the guys who got burnt badly in Thailand and blame the country and the people for this. These are the posters I do not like. Sadly they cannot come to terms that whatever has happened was in fact of their own doing.

I find it quite funny how some project the image of the western man who is superior both financially and intellectually than a 'native' female from SEA, and in some twisted way expect respect for no other reason than that. Then they proceed to get fleeced by an uneducated farm girl.

Personally I think they deserved it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, wmlc said:

This is just a troll post to get people riled up. Why would the op be married to a Thai and be on a retirement extension. I’m thinking they are not legally married but just had the ceremony. We don’t care if you leave or not so why post this none sense? 

What none sense?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mellofello said:

We left 3 years ago with the transition for us being nothing less than amazing. No more superior feeling dolts laughing at us, no more checking in at immigration and being asked ridiculous questions about our money when we were supporting the country by injecting over 100,000 baht per month into their economy. No more bad food even when you shop for premium, no more 3 months of eye watering unhealthy smoke, no more land of stupid. Now we are part of a healthy community and clean environment where everyone greets everyone, food is plentiful and cheap, heath-care is plentiful and affordable, no visa check ins, no requirements other than you have to show one time that you have a means to support yourself, then you are granted a permanent retirement visa with many discounts because we made it this long :<) . No more fear of being thrown out of that hell hole for being anything other than them. Good luck to you in your honest and correct move based on reality not some uninformed smug feeling that you will be safe and the people there are fair-minded. Lets see how that superior race (just ask them) get along when we all find better conditions elsewhere.

Merry Christmas - God the Father is King

That lot does read like you are a bit of a softy....????

PS. "God the father is King"....King of what....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

???????? hey i have a idea !! how can we organize to prouve  we have a pension monthly with our own money in bank !!!!!! for exemple 4million thai baht in bank.. withdraw every month 60.000 thai baht  as pension !!!!!! put it in bank account to show its my pension ???????

that way 800.000 is never bloked

Edited by thaiboss
  • Confused 1

On 12/15/2019 at 1:49 PM, Just Weird said:
On 12/15/2019 at 1:15 AM, PhonThong said:

she has been reading how some expats have been given a hard time by immigration on monthly deposits not being accepted and they want the 800,000 method used. I wanted to go the monthly deposit route, but that seems like a dead end. 

What is her source of that misinformation?  Expats who meet the well-publicised requirements have no issues.  The monthly transfer is not a "dead end".

It’s perhaps not a dead end but it is a precarious process I’m experimenting with the c.40k /month transfer. 
But a number of posters have said some IOS don’t accept the average over the year, so it just needs one hiccup, say a bank decides to hold a transfer to check something, it is delayed, process is then disrupted. 

Keep 800k conditionally locked in a Thai bank, nah. (If it was a newbie it would be easy to walk into a bank and say; I want to open an account, they would say no problem! Not, do you have a work permit etc.) totally agree with the OP about the 800k, and it’s conditional restrictions.

The insurance thing might spread to other visa classes, as the OP speculated. (Would Perhaps not be so bad if it was some kind of provision useful to the user).

(I sometimes think I’ve Jinxed things when I early retired from my employer last year).

It is good that a lot of folk have had many good years in Thailand, Before the recent procedural instability smog descended, difficult to see what’s just up the road...????????

• Like 1