Non-O question

Hi All,

I have a question. I am here on a Non-OA since 2007 and thinking of changing it to a Non-O based on Thai child. I simply refuse to pay the crazy premiums for this insurance. I plan to go to home country to do the conversion.

My question is. Should I get a single or multiple? What is the difference except that I can come and go? Can I with a single ask for a one year extension before it expires or is a multiple better to get a one year extension?

thanks in advance

I am here on a non-OA currently with a multiple entry permit. If I were to do this I would wait until the end of my entry permit, leave and re-enter Thailand on a visa exempt. Then I would apply for a non-immigrant O visa inside Thailand. I already have the money in the bank. I would have to wait 2 months and then apply for a 1 year extension in Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, crswede said:

Thanks for your reply unbonjoe. I am the legal parent by court order. She is 13 years old. What are the requirements and process regarding timing, documents, money and others to extend for one year.

You can apply for the one year extension of based upon being the parent of a Thai during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply (2 months at some offices) or proof of 40k baht income.

You will need your daughters birth certificate and a copy of it. Copies of her house book registry and ID card. The legalization documents.

You will need photos of you and her in and around the house.

I suggest you contact the immigration office where you will be applying to find out what they require since if can vary from office to office.