Trump poised this week to become third U.S. president impeached

snoop1130

4 hours ago, wombat said:

This is such a non-event... 

By this time next year, Trump will have been re-elected, and the Durham report will have been released. 

Overnight, the FISC delivered a scathing rebuke of the FBI. Horowtiz reported on 9 December of repeated violations of policy, and testified under oath two days later that no one in his report has been vindicated (Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Page, Stzrok, et al). Durham's report and the prosecutions that follow will demonstrate to everyone this shampeachment has been a shallow attempt to distract from the real corruption that has existed for years. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/more-than-500-law-professors-say-trump-committed-impeachable-conduct/2019/12/06/35259c16-183a-11ea-a659-7d69641c6ff7_story.html

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Redline said:

Yes hey have no counter argument-no facts ????

The senate is not an investigative chamber for impeachament...they are the jury.

McConnell is saying the case has no merit.

I agree.

To date, no first hand facts...just reams of nonsensical hearsay.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

so? ????

Exactly!  It’s called ignorance to avoid facts, but there are still such a thing as facts unfortunately for DT-or is this a deep state organized event?  I know, it’s all a conspiracy-the conspiracy president ????

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:33 PM, riclag said:

Thank goodness the founders thought to oversee the peoples house  and institute a senate just for situations like the radical dems have shown

I'm no scholar of American Constitutional history, but is that the same sort of forethought as setting up an electoral college to ensure that the right candidate wins, as opposed to the one who actually won the most votes? 

I do wonder whether, on both counts actually, these two august bodies are actually  functioning as the "Founders" intended?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

I'm no scholar of American Constitutional history, but is that the same sort of forethought as setting up an electoral college to ensure that the right candidate wins, as opposed to the one who actually won the most votes? 

I do wonder whether, on both counts actually, these two august bodies are actually  functioning as the "Founders" intended?

The founding fathers had no way of knowing nor could they have ever imagined the modern "progressive left". They never imagined a side could be positively buzzing with hatred for America and all she stands for that they would ride roughshod over constitutional rules to wipe out any and all impediments to their absolute rule. Luckily the rural American electorate are a smart bunch, and have seen through the evil ruse. This is why Trump will not be defeated by this witch hunt, and it is why he will landslide the 2020 election. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redline said:

Exactly!  It’s called ignorance to avoid facts, but there are still such a thing as facts unfortunately for DT-or is this a deep state organized event?  I know, it’s all a conspiracy-the conspiracy president ????

You really think getting a small percentage of academics to come out against Trump really means something? 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Redline said:

Yes hey have no counter argument-no facts ????

“(CNN) A new CNN Poll of Polls finds opposition narrowly outpacing support for impeaching and removing President Donald Trump from office -- 46% believe Trump should be impeached and removed from office, 49% don't.” 

Rut-row...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, candide said:

Interesting times... CNN publishes a poll that seem to comfort Trump while Fox News publishes another one that shows the opposite. So Trump's fans cite CNN and ignore Fox News, and vice-versa for his opponents!

The truth may be somewhere in the middle.....

They’re all BS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now reading that some of the geniuses in the Dem party want to withhold the articles of impeachment in the misguided notion that that will give them leverage over the Senate trial. 

I doubt that will happen, but as the process has proven so far, one should never underestimate the stupidity of the Trump haters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/some-house-democrats-push-pelosi-to-withhold-impeachment-articles-delaying-senate-trial/ar-BBY8MUq

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, mogandave said:

You really think getting a small percentage of academics to come out against Trump really means something? 

It’s not that small, and yes because they follow facts and not conspiracy ???? I don’t see hundreds signing up against ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RideJocky said:

“(CNN) A new CNN Poll of Polls finds opposition narrowly outpacing support for impeaching and removing President Donald Trump from office -- 46% believe Trump should be impeached and removed from office, 49% don't.” 

Rut-row...

It’s 50/50 now everyone already knows the outcome 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Redline said:

It’s not that small, and yes because they follow facts and not conspiracy ???? I don’t see hundreds signing up against ????

less than 1% of academics, seems pretty small to me. 

I can imagine the reception someone in academia would receive coming out in support of Trump. 

To the left, tolerance and open-mindedness ends at the ballot box. 

• Haha 2

Regarding Trump’s corruption and the need for impeachment not due to bi-partisan politics favorable to one side or another but rather for standing up for what is right. The reality is Trump has multiple instances of corruption. Pelosi, is going about this impeachment with a ‘very narrow’ hand. Here are impeachable offenses:

1.      Reduced programs of the Federal Government. Including, EPA, OCEA, Product Safety Commission. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. According to the makers of the constitution this is impeachable behavior

2.      Defiant refusal to execute the laws

3.      Enrichment of his family from foreign governments (Emoluments clause)

4.      Wrongful appropriations of the powers of congress. Example, building ‘the wall.’

5.      Armed forces active in nine countries without approval.

And people continue to support someone that compared to the history of presidents is frankly terrible but even worse ‘divisive.’ Clearly, they have various reasons for liking him..

Regarding abuse of the public trust. He has lawsuits for sexual misconduct against him, policies against minorities and the poor. All the above mention includes continual lying. And many folks believe it and take it for face value, and continue to support this ‘superhero.’

What is interesting is how Pelosi actually has been reluctant and has had again, a ‘narrow hand’ as Ralph Nader mentioned on DemocracyNow. He also goes on to mention, that Trumps should be impeached on climate change alone.

Check it out

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I can imagine the reception someone in academia would receive coming out in support of Trump. 

I see you prefer the ignorant to the informed-not a surprise 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Now reading that some of the geniuses in the Dem party want to withhold the articles of impeachment in the misguided notion that that will give them leverage over the Senate trial. 

They've aways known that they didn't stand a chance in the senate...they have no electable policies or candidates...so this lame, partisan house vote will be their long running negative ad campaign for the next 10 months....banging the drum on this farce.

I swear DT needs to be allowed to run for a third term after this BS.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Those with views that any progressive view besides their own must be 'left' ???? As to the right, not much beyond corporate talking points, given via that tv box, is there to offer with most of them. Well, guns and blaming the poor.

2 minutes ago, J Town said:

Trump is the FIRST president to ever be impeached in his first term. He's just that bad.

Exactly. Well, hopefully. Please see post number #1145. Pretty much supporters of Trump include stakeholders of the financial markets, closet racists, and either the empathic or ignorant. All in regards towards MAGA also.

• Thanks 1