5G to improve quality of life: Deputy PM

webfact

Beware of this particular expert.

Prapig, a.k.a. Prawatch wears borrowed luxury watches of a meanwhile deceased friend. Should reincarnation hit home, then this political sweetheart will have to return all these watches - obviously. 

Hence 5G comes in very handy as his smartphone will tell him the time even after he returned his watches AND will also wake him up after planetary sessions of the government, where he enjoys the "retiree's delight" - a well deserved nap in the company of his fellow MPs! 

Hence it could be assumed by those not in his favour, that he might have a conflict of interest in terms of his time measuring device ???? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

I'm afraid he doesn't know what he's talking about. 5G is toxic to your health, I went to a seminar 2 weeks ago here in Australia and was shocked at all the bad health implications that are emitted from those nasty towers that are dotting our landscape more and more. Someone should tell Prawit a closed mouth gathers no foot..!

Apparently true. To live near a tower will be a hazard more than ever.  But maybe he has been informed  about the  microwave  issue and so it means people will  need  less imported  lpg  to cook  food?

Only  one  mobile  phone to cook popcorn . Yee ha ! lol

He added that the 5G technology would help bridge the income gap and widen people's accessibility to information and education as well as healthcare services. All these will lead to the improvement of people's living quality.

the newly created fake news police department needs to get on this ASAP

• Like 2

Beware of this particular expert.

Prapig, a.k.a. Prawatch wears borrowed luxury watches of a meanwhile deceased friend. Should reincarnation hit home, then this political sweetheart will have to return all these watches - obviously. 

Hence 5G comes in very handy as his smartphone will tell him the time even after he returned his watches AND will also wake him up after planetary sessions of the government, where he enjoys the "retiree's delight" - a well deserved nap in the company of his fellow MPs! 

Hence it could be assumed by those not in his favour, that he might have a conflict of interest in terms of his time measuring device ???? 

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

well, look i work in IT and can explain it to you:

It facking doesn't, no one needs that <deleted>. Every government telling us that 5g has any meaningful influence on our lifes is either bribed by huawei or loves it's surveillance capabilities. The last thing on earth we need is faster internet...

Throw the old BS flag on you!!!! slow internet, you recommend your clients use dial-up do you?  You are completely clueless and I doubt you really work in IT, but go ahead and explain the benefits to your clients of slow internet versus faster internet..

9 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

I'm afraid he doesn't know what he's talking about. 5G is toxic to your health, I went to a seminar 2 weeks ago here in Australia and was shocked at all the bad health implications that are emitted from those nasty towers that are dotting our landscape more and more. Someone should tell Prawit a closed mouth gathers no foot..!

Wow, someone has actually done some research! 

Thai guinea pigs are expendable might be closer to the truth...????

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

The current furore has been dragged up by the so called "leader" of the western world, Donald Trump. A person who believes that he can run the whole world by simply using Twitter.

Hillary lost, and the US is not center of the universe, now let's try to stay on subject, shall we?... ????

• Confused 1

5g will definitely improve the quality of life............for all those who take a cut during the bidding process and the subsequent infrastructure development.

But honestly, why choose a dinosaur like Prawit to announce this? Don't the Government have younger, savvier spokespersons that could do this? What? What do you mean they're all with Future Forward?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Apparently true. To live near a tower will be a hazard more than ever.  But maybe he has been informed  about the  microwave  issue and so it means people will  need  less imported  lpg  to cook  food?

Only  one  mobile  phone to cook popcorn . Yee ha ! lol

What is unfortunate is that these 2 comments are in the minority.  It's ironic that the majority of responders are making fun of supposed thai stupidity, superficiality, and ignorance and, in the process, are unknowingly matching the Thais.  The health hazards are all that matter.  The big question is how will health hazards ever trump the massive world wide money behind this project! 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mickey rat said:

Hillary lost, and the US is not center of the universe, now let's try to stay on subject, shall we?... ????

I was not talking about Hilary but the problem with Huawei and the USA under Trump. That is totally ON topic.

3G, 4G and 5G are just technical norms, which indeed allow faster transfers, in principle. The problem is to allow such transfer speeds you don't only need 4G or 5G coverage, you also need massive transport and routing infrastructures to support the data traffic. Thailand carriers tend to install the latest generation base stations first so that they can label their network accordingly, then they invest in the backbone infrastructures to support it. It's like giving everyone Ferrari to drive them on unpaved narrow roads.

They also depend on public operators for that kind of backbone infrastructure as well as for submarine cables connecting Thailand to the world-wide-web, and those operators can be a tad slow and stingy upgrading it, even more so since the junta appointed officers in the place of those companies' former managers. 

Now the 4G network seems to be working fine, but my guess would be that for Thailand to really feel the difference brought by 5G, if any (apart from loading always heavier websites as fast I'm not sure what they are), we will already be talking about 6G. 

Edited by Calach
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, bluesofa said:

"widen people's accessibility to information and education"

Two of the things the government and elite have successfully restricted from the general population for hundreds of years.

Baffles me as to why Ol' Fatty would even mention it, apart from it sounding good and probably being on the auto-prompter.

Most aren't recognizing the age old art of Thai Authoritarian Rhetoric, yet look upon such literally. 

Remembering, it's all about the well being of the people and the goodness of extended Thainess. 

All the while, they do everything in their power to suppress and restrict.