Hero cave-diver felt 'humiliated, dirtied and ashamed' by Elon Musk 'paedo' insult

webfact

8 hours ago, Denim said:

Name calling is never pleasant but neither were Unsworths original remarks that set the ball rolling.

Unsorth wanted 190M$ USD. LOL. The jury considered that amount I'm sure...

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, MarcB said:

Shouldn't that read:

Physically, I'm a tough guy, psychologically I'm soft?

Not a very literate guy, that's maybe why he went for

190 Million Dollar instead of 190 Thousand Baht...

(ps. I thought both Vern and Musk signed papers to not further mention anything about this case and both would stop suing/counter-suing. Isn't this a breach of that agreement?)

5555. Regarding that agreement, I believe it stopped because Musk continued, ha. ????

Edited by Solinvictus

17 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

4. The parties fully and finally release any claims whether at law or in equity, whether known or unknown, that the parties may have against each other.

Yes, I thought that a release of claims form also is a non-disclosure agreement, so going on television again is a breach of that.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

5555. Regarding that agreement, I believe it stopped because Musk continued, ha. ????

Continued how?

They signed an agreement not to sue for costs, or to appeal the last verdict.
If Musk indeed "continued" anything, I would like to read about it  ????

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, MarcB said:

Continued how?

They signed an agreement not to sue for costs, or to appeal the last verdict.
If Musk indeed "continued" anything, I would like to read about it  ????

So you are saying they had agreed to those points you mentioned. Right. But then, Musk kept going on about it on Twitter. Then Unsworth filed it formally.

Edited by Solinvictus

13 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

So you are saying they had agreed to those points you mentioned. Right. But then, Musk kept going on about it on Twitter. Then Unsworth filed it formally.

yeah hello?

AFTER the final verdict....

Just now, Solinvictus said:

Are you nuts?

Clearly, one of the parties LOST FACE. TIT.

LOL

Are you nuts? Trying to insult me now?

Maybe learn how to <deleted> read my original post

you clearly have no idea what I was referring to.

After the trial, they both signed papers, agreeing to not COUNTER-sue (if you know what that means) and to not sue for legal fees.

If you can't follow a topic, then don't engage in it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have known Vern for 5 yrs now

he is is the salt of the earth

so shut your noise muppets

You are welcome to my cassa

just let my dags trust you before you enter otherwise

the rabiit gets fxxxcked

he is a good guy

the fights twice the size so shut your noise,comprende

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Then there is this side of the story:

Musk's defamation win may reset legal landscape for social media -- 7 December 2019

The victory by Tesla Inc's outspoken chief executive over a Twitter message describing a British cave explorer as "pedo guy" has raised the bar for what amounts to libel online, according to some legal experts.

Musk defended his comments as trivial taunts made on a social media platform that he argued everyone views as a world of unfiltered opinion, which is protected as free speech, rather than statements of fact.

"I think this verdict reflects that there is a feeling that internet tweets and chats are more like casual conversation whether you call it opinion or rhetoric or hyperbole and should not be punished in a lawsuit," said Chip Babcock, a lawyer who defends against defamation lawsuits.

Unsworth's attorney, Lin Wood, warned social media is "tearing at the fabric of society" and the Musk verdict would worsen that trend.

"It is now said by this jury that insults are completely open season," he said. "Everyone should be concerned about their reputations."

http://news.trust.org/item/20191207011842-sg7qs

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Do your homework, it was no win, no fee......????

Still, he thought it would be a nice little win.

That's all it was....trying to get some money

Nothing to do with "honor", "hero", or feeling "ashamed of being a pedo".

Even now he is still trying to get money out of it.

What a "real hero" he is...only after money from books and movies.....pfffff

Edited by MarcB
update

7 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

Both of you were wrong. You felt humiliated, he felt attacked. If you want to go after anyone, go after the lawyers. They seem to have provided bad advice.

You got it in one, lawyers got hold of this and escalated out of all proportion....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:
14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Get over the PC rubbish, you thought it would be a nice little earner and it went wrong, now you are left with the court costs.

Do your homework, it was no win, no fee......

There may be no attorney fees, but that doesn't mean no court costs.  And the possibility of attorney fees being demanded from the other side.  Plus, there will probably be appeals, and the specter of paying Musk's legal fees may come into play as an incentive to drop the matter.

It would be interesting to see how the agreement was worded, along with the final settlement. 

I suspect the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet, much less sung.

Edited by impulse

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

There may be no attorney fees, but that doesn't mean no court costs.  And the possibility of attorney fees being demanded from the other side.  Plus, there will probably be appeals, and the specter of paying Musk's legal fees may come into play as an incentive to drop the matter.

It would be interesting to see how the agreement was worded, along with the final settlement. 

I suspect the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet, much less sung.

Musk and Vern signed an agreement.

Musk would not sue for lost legal fees. And Vern would not appeal the case verdict.

This case is closed.

Honestly, I think Musk didn't lose any money at all, besides courthouse fees.

It's his own legal team, right? Aren't they hired on a yearly basis or so, for all kinds of litigation.

Vern does not have to pay his lawyers, they were working pro bono, but he will have to pay the courthouse fees.

@MarcB, good info and update.  The last time I looked, Vernon's attorneys were planning to appeal based on the instructions given to the jury.  In fairness, I'm not really following it too closely.

Two clarifications, if you have the info...  Were Vern's attorneys working pro bono, or on a contingency basis?  And will it be Vern paying the courthouse fees, or his attorneys?

1 hour ago, justin case said:

wait...who started to call/insult the idea of musk in the first place ?

It doesn't matter who started the insult. Using the word "pedo guy" is a lot worse .