Can I use the Thai Immigration lane with my Thai Wife?

I am heading off to Vietnam for a few days from Bangkok and returning back xmas eve to swampy.

A couple of years ago I was allowed to use the same lane as my Thai wife as it was busy.

Now that fingerprint scanners have been installed for "  all foreigners" will they still allow a non Thai to go through with their Thai spouse?

Don't fancy the long ques on Christmas Eve at 2 pm in the afternoon.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, jimbob333 said:

Now that fingerprint scanners have been installed for "  all foreigners" will they still allow a non Thai to go through with their Thai spouse?

Jimbob333 I have in the past several months made two trips outside of Thailand and was allowed to use the Thai lane back with my fiance so I believe the answer is Yes. 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Another spin is that it's not what the Thai line is for. I have same partner 7 yes up and we travel often. Never once used the "Thai line". I see guys tacked alone with the gf, wife, partner etc in the Thai line..... queue jumpers. 

It makes perfect sense to distribute workload evenly whatever it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HampiK said:

At Survanbum there is still a Thai Line?

As I think all thais use the automatic gates which can not use by most foreigners.

There are still 2 manual Thai lanes which are right next to the Autochannel lanes. They are necessary because the machines are so unreliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Another spin is that it's not what the Thai line is for. I have same partner 7 yes up and we travel often. Never once used the "Thai line". I see guys tacked alone with the gf, wife, partner etc in the Thai line..... queue jumpers. 

It's the same in Australia. My Thai wife always goes through the 'Australian citizen' line with me and vice versa. Why not?

• Like 1

I always use the line with my wife.

Last time four early 70s entitled Europeans decided they were special enough as well. On top of the fact they shouldn't have been in the line in the first place they were fumbling with their documents. I'd just got off a very long flight and not amused. Neither was immigration blokey.

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

At Survanbum there is still a Thai Line?

As I think all thais use the automatic gates which can not use by most foreigners.

There is still a Thai line as Thai children cannot use the auto gates.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I disagree. The Thai line is for Thai families who can't use the auto gates. I'm a member of a Thai family together with my wife and son. As we approach the passport control we are usually invited to use the Thai line. Disabled people and the over 70s are also allowed to use the Thai and fast track lines so they don't have to stand so long.

6 hours ago, phetpeter said:

You mean to say the finger print scanners were working? The last two times I came through this yea they weren't using them as there was no bio metric officer working!

yes scanner working and used

Edited by asiaexpat

The wife and I had a couple of pleasant surprises in September.

While waiting in line at departures, with Indians constantly queue jumping, a young immigration guy called us over and through to a small door straight into the elite visa immigration departure desks.

Arriving back we didn't get a chance to queue up at general immigration as an officer directed us straight to the Thai desks.

Give it a shot OP, other users have had successful experiences by just asking. Let us know what happens.

For everyone else, if you've arrived at swampy during a particularly busy time and the immigration queue is beyond the "45 minutes" sign, try walking to the next immigration section 100-200m away. Maybe it'll be better -- it usually is for me.

Other than that, get an APEC card or diplomatic passport. Or be a pilot/flight staff; you'll get your luggage faster too.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, Andycoops said:

I fail to see how people's time is so valuable that in Thailand that have to rush about like they are back in Farang land and cannot operate at buffalo speed. Sad.

Very wrong attitude.  What happens if your Thai partner has to stand and wait 30 minutes or more for you "non Thai" to process through Immigration?

Whilst I have never used the Thai line with my long time Thai partner I know those who do and I will certainly attempt this next time if I see a great disparity in the lengths of the queues.