Got a pink ID card today, no trouble

1 hour ago, john terry1001 said:

It was a few years ago but when I applied for my yellow book in the Chonburi Amphur the application had to be sent to Chonburi Immigration to confirm all my application details were correct....so yes Immigration are definitely informed.

In Lopburi, I got my yellow book in about 20 minutes, without it being sent to Lopburi immigration, if there is one there.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Like I said YMMV, not all provinces follow the law or rules, if they did, we would not have discrepancies.  My current wife is a foreign national from Myanmar, who is a business owner, but her pink ID card is identiclal to mine, but was issued here in Bangkok.

Does it have Non Thai ID card, written in English?

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm confused as when I used my pink card at a hotel in Bangkok, immigration said nothing regarding a TM30. I used the pink card to avoid giving my passport number as I was sure that immigration don't have it.

How can you be in Thailand without Immigration having your passport number, resident or tourist?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Does it have Non Thai ID card, written in English?

Yes, That's exactly what her card has written at the top, mine is in Thai script and essentially reads "Identification card for non Thai citizen's"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, That's exactly what her card has written at the top, mine is in Thai script and essentially reads "Identification card for non Thai citizen's"

Right, I know there is a difference between these pink cards for farang countries and neighbouring countries. That's why I asked if you were from a neighbouring country.

We know, or should know, that everything is possible here. 

Every experience may be different at Immigration, Bank... 

I got my Pink Card at Nongprue, I was told I had to wait a while as they had to inform Immigration Jomtien. 

Pretty sure that others may had a different experience at the Nongprue municipality. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I tried to use my pink card as ID when increasing the daily withdrawal amount, but had to show passport.

Did you use your pink ID card or your passport as ID when you opened your account? This is important and, from what you've said, I'm sure that's what you did.

If you used your passport when opening the account then your information held on their system will be in the language your passport is in, not in Thai language. So, for security, that's what they need to see as your ID.

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm confused as when I used my pink card at a hotel in Bangkok, immigration said nothing regarding a TM30. I used the pink card to avoid giving my passport number as I was sure that immigration don't have it.

I assume you actually mean you didn't think Immigration don't have a record of your Thai ID number. I can assure you they do. What there isn't at the moment is the facility to record a pink ID card on the TM30 system they use to send info to Immigration so your pink ID information isn't sent????

Edited by john terry1001

On 12/26/2019 at 3:30 AM, Neeranam said:

I can't see the reasoning to a Thai driver's licence, which are the same for Thais and non Thais.

It certainly is not a Thai ID card. It is an ID card for non Thais.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_card

The analogy I made is the fact that both the ID card for foreigners and and the driver's licence for foreigners are issued by Thai government agencies. My apologies for not having expressed this clearly enough in my earlier post for easier understanding.

• Like 1