Exclusive: Less than half of all Americans want Trump ousted post-impeachment - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

5 minutes ago, Redline said:

Fact is, they moved too fast without forcing testimony from the Trump circle.  The facts will come out over time-they always do.  Trump thinks he’s a genius, but I’m surprised he got out of university 

They had no choice. It likely would have taken over a year to force those top insider witnesses through the courts. Of two bad choices, going ahead or being stalled out of doing anything, they made the only logical choice. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Redline said:

It was his tax break for the rich, and deregulation.  His base will pay the consequences, but they would rather eat dirt than give up donny ???? 

The deregulation was indeed needed as previous career politicians with NO business background implemented such regulations with no forethought. They didn't understand the ramifications of the regulations they were putting in place. Most were just done for "donors" benefit.

As for the tax breaks for the rich, well, that's a subject that will take a long time to figure out. It's not much different than the tax breaks years ago for the rich (remember the so-called "trickle down" theory?) Give tax breaks to the rich and they'll have more money to invest to make the economy stronger and thus "trickle down" to the regular guy. Why not just give the tax break to the "regular guy" to begin with? 

Then again the US is 20+ trillion in debt so it might not matter who the tax breaks go to as it obviously doesn't help with the national debt.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry, I don't see how.

If he wins, it will be because a majority of people don't think he is guilty or don't care. 

If he lose, because a majority of people think he is guilty. 

Last time trump won with a minority of the votes cast...so even a win does not mean a majority think he’s innocent. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Someone please do the world a faviour and just get rid of the stupid a hole. 

He is a joke and a joke on the American people 

And just for the clowns, we have an a hole looking after Australia who I would also wish to see Gone.

Edited by sherwood
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

She did win the popular vote. She lost the Electorial college by a combined 77,000 votes. Good luck repeating that with 40% approval. Never has seen any positive approval rating. Just saying.

Popular vote is meaningless in presidential elections.

Nothing to fear

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They had no choice. It likely would have taken over a year to force those top insider witnesses through the courts. Of two bad choices, going ahead or being stalled out of doing anything, they made the only logical choice. 

Agreed, and it'll be done just in time for the election campaign in which Trump will use the witch hunt to keep the big chair.

As I've said all along, the impeachment will help Trump win the election for 2020 to 2024.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agreed, and it'll be done just in time for the election campaign in which Trump will use the witch hunt to keep the big chair.

As I've said all along, the impeachment will help Trump win the election for 2020 to 2024.

If it had gone as planned, it would have worked out well for the left. Secret hearings with strategic leaks to the press right up to the election. Fortunately, once Trump released the transcript all bets were off and the left shifted into damage control. 

Edited by mogandave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

Wage increases for most all workers amounting to 2 to 3 percent, while health care, education, home prices and necessities soar over 20 percent increases at the same time. Banks that don't pay interest on savings, while charging you fees for so much as walking in the lobby and whose credit cards have interest rates of 23 percent.

Low wage rises ( if at all ) were a fact before Trump, Banks didn't pay me interest on savings when Obama was president. I had a credit card and never paid interest as I paid it off on time. If people can't afford 23% interest the solution is in their own hands.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I have said it before and sadly need to say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

Remove him and end the nightmare now!

You may have wanted to say that in the first place but you didn't need to say it, neither do you need to say it again now because you don't speak for anyone except yourself and what you said was, very clearly, nonsense.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Mr. Trump is found guilty where the Democrats have the majority. 

Mr. Trump will not been found guilty where the Republicans have the majority. 

This will not tell us if Mr. Trump is indeed guilty or not.

He has not been found guilty anywhere because there has not yet been any trial, only a farcical indictment.  

Guilt will be decided in a Senate trial and it certainly will tell us whether he is found guilty!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

It has been explained to you and your lot over and over and over again: she won the popular vote by over 3 Million!

No poll, whatsoever, can predict the outcome of that "thing", that you have over there, called the electoral college, where a bunch of rednecks decides the fate of the rest of the country!

You mean slave owners, don't you?

1 hour ago, Redline said:

It was his tax break for the rich, and deregulation.  His base will pay the consequences, but they would rather eat dirt than give up donny ???? 

A lot of people like lower taxes and deregulation. 

To be clear, as the poor don’t pay income taxes in the US, all income tax cuts are for the rich. 

If the left really cared about the taxes the poor pay, why do the support so many regressive taxes, and so many subsidies for the rich? 

Why is a guy making $60k a year being taxed such that a guy making $250k a year gets a rebate on his  Tesla? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Yet, unemployment is at a 50 year low, and the stock market is booming. Both of which are leading indicators of a robust economy, and contradictions of your hypothesis. Perhaps you have been swept up in the waves of Anti-Trump hysteria. Consider the following analysis:

"The numbers: The U.S. economy may have stabilized just before the year-end holiday season after a late-summer swoon.

The Leading Economic Index was unchanged in November, breaking a string of three straight declines, the Conference Board said Thursday.

What happened: Big stock-market gains, improved consumer confidence and stronger home sales reflected a firming up in economy last month. These factors offset some weakness in labor markets and manufacturing..."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-economy-appeared-to-stabilize-ahead-of-holiday-season-leading-indicators-show-2019-12-19

Remember the H1B visa that Trump said he would reduce if not cancel when he was running for office? Well, he has increased the number. And that is what is keeping US citizen wages down in white collar jobs. As for employment, how much of it is job hopping? And the stock market is a bubble, entirely fed by QE, which Trump now demands, although for the seven years prior to his election and including 2016, he said QE didn't do anything except feed artificial stock bubbles. But now that it's HIS bubble, he wants it to get bigger and bigger. Debt is what fuels stock market bubbles. And in the US that means the Federal Reserve, which has accumulated over $4 Trillion on its balance, including almost $1 Trillion just since September. It also means corporations, who issue debt because of low interest rates set by the Fed and then use that debt to buy back their own stock. Fewer shares of stock outstanding, of course, means a higher EPS. Who cares if its all phony created by debt. Companies have spend tens and tens of billions on buybacks, artificially inflating their stock price and enabling them to "surprise" or "beat" Wall Street expectations. BTW, want to know the best performing stock market last year? It was Venezuela's. That's what happens with asset inflation. Meanwhile, people who try to save see their money disappear into inflation, while getting next to nothing on interest, because of NIRP and ZIRP. The current stock bubble is the biggest transfer of wealth from the 99 percent to the one percent in American history.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Low wage rises ( if at all ) were a fact before Trump, Banks didn't pay me interest on savings when Obama was president. I had a credit card and never paid interest as I paid it off on time. If people can't afford 23% interest the solution is in their own hands.

Glad to see that understand that Trump is continuing Obama's policy of QE and ZIRP, robbing savers to reward debtors. Is it on somebody's "own hands," btw, if the only way they can pay for medical treatment is through debt on a credit card. Is this the "let'em eat cake" school of thought applied to health care?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The rich have always screwed the poor. The last time they destroyed the world economy with funny money not one of them went to jail for it. The system, IMO is rigged. Neither Dems nor the GOP have done anything to make the world a better place for ordinary people, IMO.

Okay, I'll buy that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

When I suggested on Facebook last year that this piece of rubbish America calls a President 

will divide the country & possibly create a civil war & a war around the world I nearly started one myself.

The sooner he is gone, the happier & better place the world will be

Exactly. This rich guy from NYC that is unable to relate to everyday working Americans has not only divided the country but has 'flamed' the fires of hate all the while continuing unregulated Wall Street bankers taking away from the middle class.

And you get real people in support of Donald Trump. Talk about people sadly, misguided on false realities aka propaganda. Well, let's be honest, most of Trump supporters are either closet racists, xenophobes, lacking any empathy or just plain ignorant to the realities across the US for many struggling working class people. But the thing is..they themselves are working class. Oh, how powerful that TV box is...

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

Glad to see that understand that Trump is continuing Obama's policy of QE and ZIRP, robbing savers to reward debtors. Is it on somebody's "own hands," btw, if the only way they can pay for medical treatment is through debt on a credit card. Is this the "let'em eat cake" school of thought applied to health care?

So long as ordinary people vote for people that will not do anything for them, the system will continue to destroy them. Bernie at least tried to do something and the establishment sabotaged his bid for president.

Till, and unless the people vote for better candidates, I don't think anything will change.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Rather hallow and shallow win if you can get the majority support from the electorate. 

The majority support for HRC came from the liberal coasts, not from middle America, didn't it. That's not an overall support from the entire country. Most of the country didn't want her as president.

• Like 2