Where to go in Eastern Europe for an Expat???

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

And it's quite close to Eastern Europe too

From a Thai point of view - absolutely correct, and that is why I suggested Portugal. I know both Slovenia and Portugal and would chose Portugal. But that is me ............. 

21 hours ago, Letseng said:

Portugal reasonable cost of living?

The average Portuguese income is EUR 600/month - living outside tourism furnaces or downtown Lisbon you will be surprised, how far money can take you, in a beautiful country with history and culture. 

On 12/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, Deli said:

Gold Coast, Bulgaria. Decent climate, pretty chicks, inexpensive but... it's a Mafia run country.

Burgos is nice too. You can also do wintersport in BG. sandanski in south west is very mild Climate...close to greece ( avoid as greece is way more expensive tgen Bulgaria). Girls " pretty" in Bulgaria??? Mmmmm i doubt that. I still prefer classic latin beauty from Romania. Inlanders willbe not xenophobic like Thai. That is the greatest advantage imho. And for sure BG is cheaper as Thailand too.

My spot to pick if living longterm in BG would be Varna region. As an eutopean no visa hassles or shake down from thai police. Thailand right now is only nice for a 2 week holiday or so...not realy worth it living tgere longterm imho.

Hans

On 12/22/2019 at 7:58 AM, roo860 said:

Fray Bentos?

Noooooo!!!

Unless youwant to deal with realy stuck up down right arogant " ladies".

You must like/ love pasta.....if not...you are vokked in Argentina.

Prefer Colombia ANY day over Argentina:-)

Hans.

34 minutes ago, Hans007 said:

Noooooo!!!

Unless youwant to deal with realy stuck up down right arogant " ladies".

You must like/ love pasta.....if not...you are vokked in Argentina.

Prefer Colombia ANY day over Argentina:-)

Hans.

It's in Uruguay.

unnamed.jpg

Which Countries Don't Use the Metric System? Only three countries in the world do not use the metric system. Map depicting the three countries that still use the imperial system. The United States, Liberia, and Myanmar are the only countries in the world that have not fully implemented the metric measurement system.

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

HK protesters  oppose China and the USA and China are currently hostile to each other , so HK protesters are siding with the USA

Thats a bit simplified.  A private citizen in the USA can make just about any public statement short of inciting violence about Trump, Obama or any other politician and have an extremely low chance of any repercussions from the government.  Does it work that way in China?  Of course I mean without using a VPN and on Chinese websites not western websites.

The United States, Liberia, and Myanmar are the only countries in the world that have not fully implemented the metric measurement system

Myanmar has some quirky measurement units.  Once when I asked for directions in Yangon, I was told that my intended destination was only about 3 furlongs away. (I didn't have my horse...).

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, Lacessit said:

Go to Oz. I promise you will be warm. 44 C in Melbourne right now. Cool change will drop it to 20 C in a few hours.

Sadly Oz is now affordable, 200000 AUD a year for a family, 100000 AUD for a single retiree.

Edited by Momofarang