SE O visa from the UK

Looking for a little clarification on this:

I am over 50, NOT eligible for a State Pension and on extension of stay ( based on retirement ) from an OA visa.

I plan to ditch the OA and obtain an O from a Thai consulate ( Hull ) on one of my routine visits to the UK.

The requirements from the Consulate are clear and to my liking.

3A043042-0181-4123-8B0E-F1EB91884547.thumb.png.4c8d268eb5f20a534f6affea98ba34aa.png

From the Thai Embassy ( London ) the requirements are less clear and I believe that the website has been updated recently, could be the Consulate website is out of date ?

Here from the Embassy:

40E96355-1031-4F15-907A-461174875F7A.thumb.jpeg.123c76d81d279c95dc4d91f9f1a13e20.jpeg

Is that: has to have state pension or could have £10,000 in bank for 3 months ?

Anyway, am looking for first hand report from posters who have obtained a 90 day SE Non Imm O Visa ( without State Pension) from either Consulate or Embassy in the UK.

TIA

Andy

Andy

Its not very clear is it, but what they mean is you have to be over 50 and have either one of the following

1. Regular private pension

2. Regular state pension or

3. 10,000 in a UK bank for 3 months

Cheers

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

has to have state pension or could have £10,000 in bank for 3 months ?

Yes it is either proof of state pension for those with a pension OR evidence of minimum £10,000 parked on the UK bank for minimum 3 months prior to the application for those with no pension.

What's the longer term plan with the single-entry Non-O after you've entered Thailand and (before) the 90-days are up?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes it is either proof of state pension for those with a pension OR evidence of minimum £10,000 parked on the UK bank for minimum 3 months prior to the application for those with no pension.

What's the longer term plan with the single-entry Non-O after you've entered Thailand and (before) the 90-days are up?

Apply for extension based on retirement at my local IO .

29 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Apply for extension based on retirement at my local IO .

And do the same again 12 months later rather than mess with the seasoned (£20,300 equivalent) lump sum in the Thai bank or proof of enough money coming in each month to your Thai bank from overseas?

Edited by NanLaew

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And do the same again 12 months later rather than mess with the seasoned (£20,300 equivalent) lump sum in the Thai bank or proof of enough money coming in each month to your Thai bank from overseas?

I have the 800k sitting there for 3 years for OA extension so will just leave it there.

6 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

I may be wrong but I do not believe this SE O visa is now issued  - You will only have the choice of a SE or ME tourist visa

You can still get a Non O SE based on retirement if you can meet one of the three financial requirements.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

I may be wrong but I do not believe this SE O visa is now issued  - You will only have the choice of a SE or ME tourist visa

Then you believe wrong @Mr Smithy. A quick look at the UK website will show you Single entry Non O visa is still available. Now if you are speaking about from the US then thats a different matter and you are correct.

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I have the 800k sitting there for 3 years for OA extension so will just leave it there.

OK, so it's primarily to avoid the O-A insurance 'scam' ?

Ten grand lying around at home and another 20 grand festering here... must be nice to be minted.

• Confused 1

The Glasgow consulate suggests you have to apply to the London Embassy, if you are under 65, for the non-O SE.

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Application-Form-2019.pdf page 3.

Then the front end Directory of Visa Categories of the e-visa system does not have the type listed. does it have it on the actual e-visa site once logged in I wonder? https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Long Stay  O-A & O-X ???????? are still listed on that front page (wonder what their issue rate is now?)

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

The Glasgow consulate suggests you have to apply to the London Embassy, if you are under 65, for the non-O SE.

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Application-Form-2019.pdf page 3.

That may be out of date.

They also mention that a multiple entry non-o visa is available if applying at the embassy which is incorrect. And that it can be applied for in person or by mail. Applications can only be done online now.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

OK, so it's primarily to avoid the O-A insurance 'scam' ?

Ten grand lying around at home and another 20 grand festering here... must be nice to be minted.

It is primarily to find out if a 90 day SE O visa can be obtained from a Thai consulate in the uk without a state pension and over 50 years of age.

My financial standing is irrelevant to this thread.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That may be out of date.

They also mention that a multiple entry non-o visa is available if applying at the embassy which is incorrect. And that it can be applied for in person or by mail. Applications can only be done online now.

There was a report on here recently about someone applying in person for a non imm O visa at a uk consulate.

In your opinion @ubonjoe is the procedure for obtaining a non imm O visa at a uk consulate the same as at the Embassy ( online first followed by an in invitation then a visit ) albeit slightly longer at consulate as docs have to be okayed via the Embassy ?

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In your opinion @ubonjoe is the procedure for obtaining a non imm O visa at a uk consulate the same as at the Embassy ( online first followed by an in invitation then a visit ) albeit slightly longer at consulate as docs have to be okayed via the Embassy ?

No need to do the application online to apply at any of  the 4 honorary consulates in the UK.

You just email your supporting documents to the consulate for them to get pre approval from the embassy that only takes a day or 2. Then make an appointment at the consulate.

• Thanks 2

I was in fact recently (November) able to phone Cardiff, arrange appointment and go and get the visa without emailing the docs first.  Was in and out in 30 mins !  I had explained to them that I had tried countless times on the useless website to do it online.  I got the impression that I was one of many !  Of course, I had a five hour round trip from where I live in  England, but hey ho, when needs must !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlbionBob said:

I was in fact recently (November) able to phone Cardiff, arrange appointment and go and get the visa without emailing the docs first.  Was in and out in 30 mins !  I had explained to them that I had tried countless times on the useless website to do it online.  I got the impression that I was one of many !  Of course, I had a five hour round trip from where I live in  England, but hey ho, when needs must !

Thanks very much,

I had seen this on another thread hence my question to Joe .

I will of course phone or email the consulate prior to trying the website to see if i have the same luck as you !

( where do you live , Plymouth ? )

20 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

My wife and I picked ours up this week,  so they are clearly still being issued. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It is primarily to find out if a 90 day SE O visa can be obtained from a Thai consulate in the uk without a state pension and over 50 years of age.

My financial standing is irrelevant to this thread.

You are currently here on an O-A extension so the mandatory insurance situation does have some traction with a lot of other O-A holders riding extensions here. I assumed wrongly that this was the driving force for your visa change, that's all.

Your personal finances are indeed irrelevant but I assumed, again wrongly, that you had a higher humor quotient, that's all.

Edited by NanLaew

In answer to your question regarding my abode, Andrew, I live in the Midlands , so came down M5, M50 and M4.  Horrendous day, raining cats and dogs, and the embassy was not easy to find in Cardiff !  But as I was departing to come to Thailand the next week, it had to be done  !!   I am not sure if I was just lucky, because the website clearly  states that only online applications could be made for a single entry these days  !!  Maybe Cardiff were helping out at a time of overload ?   I must say that they were first class in dealing with me !  Nice people !

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Anyway, am looking for first hand report from posters who have obtained a 90 day SE Non Imm O Visa ( without State Pension) from either Consulate or Embassy in the UK.

I am in the situation described and got one of these on the 15th of last month.  Did the E Application to the Embassy - yes it's fiddly first time round as you get to grips with the system but doable - mailed off my documents and had my passport returned with visa only 2 or 3 days later.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Or evidence of private pension with no minimum level stipulated.

4 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Then the front end Directory of Visa Categories of the e-visa system does not have the type listed. does it have it on the actual e-visa site once logged in I wonder? https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Yes.  When going through the application the visa type is in the pull down list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

In answer to your question regarding my abode, Andrew, I live in the Midlands , so came down M5, M50 and M4.  Horrendous day, raining cats and dogs, and the embassy was not easy to find in Cardiff !  But as I was departing to come to Thailand the next week, it had to be done  !!   I am not sure if I was just lucky, because the website clearly  states that only online applications could be made for a single entry these days  !!  Maybe Cardiff were helping out at a time of overload ?   I must say that they were first class in dealing with me !  Nice people !

Thanks Bob ( I missed the Albion hint ).