Why I can only see great things ahead for Pattaya

rooster59

1 hour ago, madmen said:

And straight up the usual suspects from a dingy little room in some remote town jump in to offer their expert opinions ????

Not quite straight up, for those of you who may have been paying attention will know that this article is a rehash from something posted a week or so ago, I don't know who's trying to kid who here, the only way for Pattaya is well anyone's guess but up is doubtful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The polarisation of view could not have been any more different from when I met with other business people at the Argentinian polo cup at the Polo and Equestrian centre in East Pattaya over the weekend. Here I met many property developers, industrial to International school leaders and ambassadors; all of whom talked of a wonderful future ahead for Pattaya.

Sounds good. I'll check it out tomorrow.

vlcsnap-2019-12-22-23h18m50s274.png.24aa413c00ff3bc32d3aede37fbc6fc9.png

And I would just like to take a moment to remind you we are fighting for the soul of our forum even as we speak.

Please vote for NCC1701A for POTY. Thank you.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not quite straight up, for those of you who may have been paying attention will know that this article is a rehash from something posted a week or so ago, I don't know who's trying to kid who here, the only way for Pattaya is well anyone's guess but up is doubtful.

I disagree.

I even think that it is possible that someone, somewhere has the blueprint of the Pattaya 25 year Development Plan.

The gentrification of of Beach Road north end to Klang (excluding sois 6, 6/1) will no doubt continue. The really smart planner would designate an entertainment zone from Soi Buakhao going east and south, keep Walking Street as a live museum and make Pattaya 70% family oriented with 30% set aside for mongering. Market forces will shape those percentages over time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Where upon Pattaya once relied on the revenues of the retiree expat market, now it has its eyes focussed on other emerging riches that will better guarrantee a brighter more prosperous future. Like it or not.

Yup, and just listen to 'em squeal......

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Dan is a cool guy. He lives one the top floor of the building on the left in this photo.

pattaya-things-to-do.jpg.e5207966c7f0ebacae58465ed2eeadd2.jpg

the choice of the photo is perfect to illustrate the fantastic future fo Pattaya

on the left the famous Waterfront condo, one of the biggest scam and failure

in the city  

On the right the famous marina, another big project that completely sank

despite the colossal sums of money ''invested''

Obviously all this money is not lost for everyone

so i am not surprised the 1% ''happy few'' at the polo club enjoy their lifes

for the 99% of the rest of the population, Thais and expat, doom and gloom are

a daily reality, and it's going to be worse in the future.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

“vastly improved coastlines” (last para of Dan’s report)

Not sure what this means - maybe contract Slartibartfast to make Pattaya’s coast look more like Norway’s?

THHGTTG.

suddenly i don't feel like the oldest here anymore. although i did listen to R4's series, not the C$$P television version

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, smedly said:

sorry but what a complete pile of nonsense and a total waste of reading

I got a good laugh out of it.  A nice picture of polo grass - what will it look like when the drought sets in or the floods submerge it?  No pictures of police bandits.  No pictures of garbage piled high on the streets; none of a working taximeter; none of the traffic jams or hospital casualty wards.

• Like 2

It is not impossible to see great things ahead for Pattaya .

As soon as it bombs big time under the current government it will either have to give up the ' family and sports hub ' fantasy and return to its core financial base , cheap prostitutes, or become the tumbleweed hub of Asia.

And this will be great for a whole new generation of sex tourists who will pump their seed into the place and restore its ignomy and its economy.

Only problem is that the girls will need so much cash to finance their addictions to smart phones , apartment, television, motorcycle, monthly stipend to mum etc , that the mongers will find it tough going to be able to afford the dissipation like they did in the good old days.

Unless of course the baht crashes like it did before. That is the only thing that can save Dans investment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Do your market forces factor in competition from neighboring countries???? 

Market forces factor in anything.

I don’t see much competition other than Vietnam. Wouldn’t touch Laos or Cambodia. Places like Penang, and more westernized Malaysian/Indonesian countries do not directly compare with Pattaya. Philippines perhaps does but you can keep that..... Vietnam  Is the place that will attract those who might consider Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

And this will be great for a whole new generation of sex tourists

Unfortunately the new generations are not very attracted by the ''sex tourist'' things

Years of feminism campaigns and general moral pressure in their home country have associated

this activity to something criminal, widely repressed and socially rejected.

Plus they are all connected h24 by ''social medias'' and none of them want to be

identified as a ''Pattaya tourist'' or localised, in a way or another, in the sin city by

their family friends and all their contacts (Included professional contacts).

I had 2 friends coming here for some weeks holidays, one said at everybody he was traveling

in Japan and the other was supposed to be in Bangkok, Both was terrorised at the idea to 

have a problem here and their family and friends was aware of their real location.

They don't come anymore, it wasn't really holidays for them, too much stress

plus they was not in the bar trip, more using applis like Thaifriendly for the girls

and finaly all included (Plane, hotel, food, transports, girls and so on) they tought

it was pretty costly considering the state of disrepair of the city and without even a real nice seaside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Market forces factor in anything.

I don’t see much competition other than Vietnam. Wouldn’t touch Laos or Cambodia. Places like Penang, and more westernized Malaysian/Indonesian countries do not directly compare with Pattaya. Philippines perhaps does but you can keep that..... Vietnam  Is the place that will attract those who might consider Pattaya.

Vietnam this year has 20% of the tourists that Thailand has.

Everybody is shrieking about Vietnam but it really is a scruffy hole outside Dan Nang and Nha Trang. There is a black river runs through HCMC and it absolutely stinks.

The traffic is worse, the air is worse, once you get fed up of soup and sandwiches the food is worse, the transport is patchy at best, and the hotels are largely pigeon lofts below four stars and there's nothing to see. Their dollar/dong double menu scam would shock even the worst Thai scammer. 

By all means, if you're fed up of Thailand, go elsewhere but for Satan's sake shut up about Vietnam.

There is one great place that I've found in Vietnam in seven visits (mostly press ganged) and if you think I'm sharing that you are wrong.

The coffee is quite nice.

• Haha 1