Why Bother

Chazar

13 hours ago, Chazar said:

passed 5  motorbikes none of which had  either a  rear  light  or a front light or  both  on......oh yeah and 2  bicycles.

Dont know why they bother with any road  safety BS  talk from the govt when  a simple  thing like functioning lights

I've never noticed that before.

718891272_images(2).jpg.59e0c5938475bc00942b637725a3ed41.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Leave them to it, they seem to thrive on inefficiency here.....

Problem is that they are a danger to others too. I mean I have been suprised by a few of these riders that go totally dark.

I got them in BKK too its just crazy that they cant even pay for simple upkeep. I see it on cars and motorbikes.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you and still wonder how they can be such idiots !

I do not care that people on motorbike kill themselves by not wearing helmets, but the problem with missing light at night is that I could be involved in their death if I hit them with my car.

No working lights on cars and motorbikes is really the worst here, because it's an accident sometimes hard to avoid.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 7:58 AM, cyril sneer said:

their money is spent on lottery tickets instead

and if they win they may buy a red light to put in front and a yellow one to put behind ...

Because, in addition, at night we sometimes see beautiful Christmas trees on trucks with blue and orange lights around the windshield and lights of all colors except red or orange at the back ...

but as Transam writes, never on patrol to stop these imbeciles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I totally agree with you and still wonder how they can be such idiots !

They may be silly but above all they never learned at school or later the slightest road safety measures.
When you don't know, you can't do it right.

I would be curious to know what is taught in the very rare driving schools in the Kingdom.

• Like 2

Many years ago on my first visit to Thailand, I ask my gf of the time, when we went out to dinner on the first evening, "why do so many bikes not have either front or rear lights"?

Can't say as I now recall her exact answer but it was something like A) "they take the bulb out to save fuel" or B) "it burned out, no bother to replace".

Reminds me of a lady that got caught speeding in a Western country (160kph), she told the officer "I am almost out of fuel so I was going fast to get to a station before I run out".

On 12/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, Chazar said:

Dont know why they bother with any road  safety BS  talk from the govt when  a simple  thing like functioning lights is  beyond many Thais.

Not using indicators, no lights, driving against traffic, no lights on push carts at night, parking on the road.....there's no law in thailand....no helmet, no licenseplate, underage driving.....

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 10:51 AM, fruitman said:

Not using indicators, no lights, driving against traffic, no lights on push carts at night, parking on the road.....there's no law in thailand....no helmet, no licenseplate, underage driving.....

But when their lack of lights causes an accident, they will blame YOU.

And if they think they will be made responsible, they do a runner.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

Go out at 8am when its daylight then.

Unless you have to be somewhere where you lay your eggs.

Sounding your horn may well be illegal at that time in the morning, and I'm pretty sure intimidating other road users by swerving and causing your tires to squeal would be classified as reckless driving too.

• Like 1

Invariably the ’toothless grin’ says about all there is to say about such characters.... 

On 12/23/2019 at 4:29 AM, Chazar said:

a  good  blast on the horn to wake them up as I drive past and a  nice handbrake  tug to screech the back wheels  sometimes  yields a  startled  wobble.

But, there is no need to get aggressive or startle them...to use your own words ‘why bother?’ you’re not going to reeducate anyone, so why try and upset them? 

If you are concerned that they are not aware of your presence (passing them on the road) nothing more than a friendly ‘beep-beep’ (pap-pap) is necessary....  trying to cause a ‘wobble’ would be the action of someone who relates to being somewhat of a tool... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Go out at 8am when its daylight then.

Unless you have to be somewhere where you lay your eggs.

Sounding your horn may well be illegal at that time in the morning, and I'm pretty sure intimidating other road users by swerving and causing your tires to squeal would be classified as reckless driving too.

Your  right  (  of  course)  from now  on Im turning over a  new  leaf and  assimilating, Ill mow  them down silently as  to not  offend  anyone and then drive  off. Thanks for the tip

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

trying to cause a ‘wobble’ would be the action of someone who relates to being somewhat of a tool... 

driving with   no  lights  relates to being somewhat of a  tool but even better are  people who condone it being a  bigger  tool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you are concerned that they are not aware of your presence

I dont care what they think, its clear they dont  care about anyone else including their  own family once they are spread up the road, its their presence that they  should be aware of to others.

Gotta  love tv

Driving back to Mahasarakham from Bangkok last night I saw the usual motorbikes without lights but I also saw a truck (an earth moving tipper truck) with no rear lights and a pickup with a trailer carrying cattle that had a red lantern on the right hand side.  This was confusing as it was travelling in the right hand lane so I couldn't see the width. 

The problem with road safety here is that you need three main things. Laws, a driving test and a police force set up in a way that will enable police officers to enforce those rules. At the moment the first is in place to a certain extent but the last two are non-existent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 2:05 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Invariably the ’toothless grin’ says about all there is to say about such characters.... 

But, there is no need to get aggressive or startle them...to use your own words ‘why bother?’ you’re not going to reeducate anyone, so why try and upset them? 

If you are concerned that they are not aware of your presence (passing them on the road) nothing more than a friendly ‘beep-beep’ (pap-pap) is necessary....  trying to cause a ‘wobble’ would be the action of someone who relates to being somewhat of a tool... 

Not reeducate but fun to see Somchai thinking about him as big guy when a big scary Benz shows him the correct way...

I think that poor idiot Somchai knows that whatever happens, he will lose against someone driving a xx millions baht car, so he keeps quiet.

Edited by gamesgplayemail