British man found dead after freak fall, left wedged between water pump and house

webfact

British man found dead after freak fall, left wedged between water pump and house

By The Phuket News

1577164166_1-org.jpg

The body of the British man was found wedged in a tight space between a water pump and the house. Photo: Kamala Police

PHUKET: Police are investigating the death of a British man whose body was found stuck in a tight space between a water pump and a house in a small street in Kamala early yesterday morning (Dec 23).

Police were called to the house, in a small street near the mosque in Baan Naka in Moo 4, Kamala, at about 7:30am, said Lt Watcharin Siriyaphat of the Kamala Police.

Kamala Police Chief Col Chaiyaphruk Phatiworakorn joined Lt Watcharin and other officers in investigating the scene, he added.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-found-dead-after-freak-fall-left-jammed-between-water-pump-and-house-74121.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-24
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I knew this individual very well for over 15 years. Disparaging him as 'often drunk' is disgraceful as is some of the armchair speculation above. There are some issues that could have affected this but it is not the place to discuss them on an open forum.

How would you like it if it was one of YOUR friends being talked about in this way?

“From questioning people living around there, I was told that the man was often found drunk." ( From the article)

How many Brits are often drunk in Thailand? Weird reporting. 

Does that explain why he died? Sorry for your friend's death. May he rest in peace. 

• Like 1

I was also a friend of this individual although I hadn't seen him in several years.

@Psimbo I quite agree with your comments - well said.

Another mutual friend described the bloke as "not having a bad bone in his body".

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 10:32 PM, Psimbo said:

I knew this individual very well for over 15 years. Disparaging him as 'often drunk' is disgraceful as is some of the armchair speculation above. There are some issues that could have affected this but it is not the place to discuss them on an open forum.

How would you like it if it was one of YOUR friends being talked about in this way?

It's a forum, it has no other purpose!

Perhaps you should direct your indignance to those who started the thread, not the forum members!

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It's a forum, it has no other purpose!

Perhaps you should direct your indignance to those who started the thread, not the forum members!

The thread (and others like it) serves the worthy purpose of providing NEWS and DEBATE. The response to it should be measured as appropriate, beside which the suggestion of drunkenness was made in the linked Phuket News thread, NOT this one.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, VBF said:

The thread (and others like it) serves the worthy purpose of providing NEWS and DEBATE. The response to it should be measured as appropriate, beside which the suggestion of drunkenness was made in the linked Phuket News thread, NOT this one.

I know what the forum is for, thanks.  Who decides how a comment made by members is "measured as appropriate"?  I'm pretty sure that it is not you!

I made no comment about "drunkenness" but, as you now mention it as though I did, wasn't it local witnesses who had seen him recently who suggested that his being drunk wasn't unusual (as opposed to you who had not seen your friend for several years)?

• Sad 1