Owner did TM30 on-line, no receipt.

Owner did TM30 on-line but did not give me a paper receipt. Just a screen shot. I went to the immigration office. Showed them the screen shot. The officer checked the computer, then said I need paper copy.  Owner said it is not required.  I think he is newly registered on-line. Is there a way for him to print a paper copy?  It doesn't help that I'm working with the owner thru the agent. 

Edited by RoyLee
added "owner" in last sentence.

I've gone to Phuket Immigration office a few times, and a screenshot of the TM30 was sufficient.  They use that to check the entry in their database.

The one time it was not sufficient was because when my Thai wife entered online the information into the TM30 database, she forgot to SAVE the information in the database. So in that case, all the TM30 screenprint showed was her failed attempt.  The Phuket IO instructed us to immediately go home, re-enter the data in the TM30 database, and come back the same day to the immigration office, which we did. Fortunately we were not fined for my Thai wife's error.

I wonder if your residence owner failed to press SAVE when entering the TM30 information on line? 

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I thought as much. Don't you guys dealing with Phuket imm have "assistants" there that check for tm30 at the very start. The screenshot should of been enough. 

It was just after 3pm when I went. The help desk was unmanned. A wandering Thai employee motioned for me to just go up to the desk.  They did not know what to do about my missing TM30 hard-copy , so took me to speak with a more senior looking officer working the drive-thru. He checked the computer then held up a TM30 form indicating I needed one. He was nice enough to staple my T6 though. I did chat with an english-speaking Chinese volunteer afterward that asked if I needed help. I explained the situation. He did not mention that the screen shot should have been sufficient, but who is he to challenge an IO.

Ok, will try again on the 2nd, with a print-out of screen shot. Fingers crossed. I know its a bit of a <deleted> shoot. Last year I was required to buy one of those stamps outside for 10 baht even though was never asked prior or since.  Thx for all replies.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:09 AM, RoyLee said:

The officer checked the computer, then said I need paper copy. 

Either the officer doesn't know, or it's some rule they invented to make it difficult.

I used a screenshot in Chiang Mai and no problem.

Every office and possibly every officer makes things up that are stupid, idiotic and pointless. That's why I used an agent at the end, and some farangs are claiming they are leaving because of.

Don't know about Phuket but in CW office in Bangkok they require a “TM30 receipt” which is only obtainable from their desk B and involves waiting in a queue of several hundred people. 

As far as I understand it, a screen shot print out is not always sufficient, however stupid and illogical that may seem given they can themselves see on their computer that you are registered.

And if in the event somebody is staying at a hotel and the hotel wont or cant produce a screen shot print out then a receipt from the immigration office is then the only way.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I don't think I am and this is the straw that has broken the camels back for me, i.e., I wont be renewing my retirement extension next year as it has become more trouble than its worth and its time to move on.

34 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Don't know about Phuket but in CW office in Bangkok they require a “TM30 receipt” which is only obtainable from their desk B and involves waiting in a queue of several hundred people. 

As far as I understand it, a screen shot print out is not always sufficient, however stupid and illogical that may seem given they can themselves see on their computer that you are registered.

And if in the event somebody is staying at a hotel and the hotel wont or cant produce a screen shot print out then a receipt from the immigration office is then the only way.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I don't think I am and this is the straw that has broken the camels back for me, i.e., I wont be renewing my retirement extension next year as it has become more trouble than its worth and its time to move on.

Bit dramatic. Why not move to another area of Thailand. Phuket is hardly the bee's knees.

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

I do not think that there is anything on-line instructing the Housemaster to provide a receipt to their guest.   

My landlord in udon called them on that..after going out of her way to comply, they told me I would need the original for extension, so she end up just giving me the front page of the report, which showed two people registered..and she knew that didn't make sense...otherwise udon is one of the better offices.

Moontang, this is where things come unravelled. It is not normal to make a second person responsible for the conduct of a third person unless of course the third person is subordinate to the second. Housemaster would seem to imply superiority. 

• Sad 1

On 12/27/2019 at 12:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is not possible to do a printout of the report.

When a TM30 has been filed on-line using the IO TM30 website, there is indeed no 'report' that can be printed out.  But the person filing can - after having uploaded the TM30 data of the person staying at the premises - do a search on the IO TM30 database, and make a screenshot proving that the TM30 has been filed AND incorporated in that IO TM30 database.  So a print-out of that screenshot is fool-proof evidence that it has been done, and requesting anything more to be provided by IO would be ridiculous.

52 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When a TM30 has been filed on-line using the IO TM30 website, there is indeed no 'report' that can be printed out.  But the person filing can - after having uploaded the TM30 data of the person staying at the premises - do a search on the IO TM30 database, and make a screenshot proving that the TM30 has been filed AND incorporated in that IO TM30 database.  So a print-out of that screenshot is fool-proof evidence that it has been done, and requesting anything more to be provided by IO would be ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous than the IO not having access to the IO database ? 

The same goes for the 90 day report; what is the point of reports if the information is not kept on file? 

So are they just making up tasks for us which if not done provide an excuse to impose a fine or worse, force us to employ an agent? 

1 hour ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Also there is a "Check Status" option on the website... to presumably check your current status?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

No, as UbonJoe already responded, that's for checking the status of your registration application.

When using the website, to check whether the TM30 data you uploaded have really been filed, simply open the website again, and on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Enter your username (when it does not appear automatically) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The dates need to be max 7 days apart and be in thai date-notation.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

>>> I will PM you  a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register and file your TM30s on-line.

• Thanks 1

Well I went back to Phuket immigration today.  The copy shop I usually get stuff printed was closed so I did not print-out the tm30 screen-shot the owner had sent. So I thought I'd try my luck at the little copy shop right at immigration.  No dice!  Since I was already there, I decided to try the 30 day extension anyway with just the screenshot on my phone, as I did last friday.  Success this time, but the IO did warn me to print it out for next time.  Maybe they were feeling re-freshed after the break.  It was quite busy today, as I would expect.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:08 PM, uncleeagle said:

I returned from the US in a September. My landlord went to CW to file my TM30. She took a photo of the paper receipt and sent it to me. I printed out the photo of the receipt and submitted It with all my other documents when I applied for my 1 year extension. They accepted the print of the photo without question. You do not need the original receipt.