Another kind of Thai racism

CNXexpat

26 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Racism means, that one group gets an advantage or disadvantage. Like "Black people have not the right to sit in a bus, but they are allowed to stand".

Oh, you mean like Singaporeans can enter the UK visa exempt but Vietnamese can’t? 

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Nonsense. It´s also no racism when I as a German can enter Vietnam without visa for 16 days, but my Thai wife can stay in Vietnam 30 days without a visa.

But you said yourself that racism is when one group gets an advantage ...Genuinely, I’m confused 

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

Racism means, that one group gets an advantage or disadvantage. Like "Black people have not the right to sit in a bus, but they are allowed to stand".

5 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t consider that racism but targeted marketing instead. Racism would be to say that a certain race of people are not welcome, much like what a Western nation did in China a long time back (Dogs and Chinese not allowed into parks). 

Perhaps Positive Discrimination

5 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t consider that racism but targeted marketing instead. Racism would be to say that a certain race of people are not welcome, much like what a Western nation did in China a long time back (Dogs and Chinese not allowed into parks). 

Only Indians can take up the offer. Of course it's blatant racism.

Can you imagine the same offer being promoted in the UK? Think about it.

Firstly it woukd be illegal and secondly I guarantee that you would have a flash mob of protesters outside the store in minutes.

It would also be on the front page of every newspaper in the land.

If I were Indian I would be offended that someone thinks I'm dumb enough to "simply" spend 1500 THB and be excited by a 100 THB food voucher (probably worth 20 THB)

The part at the bottom Steps to enjoy your privilege would have the social justice warriors of Americans going apoplectic and that is worth a laugh.

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1