Immigration raids luxury ‘gay spa’ in Bangkok - 11 foreigners arrested - some earning 50k per DAY

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Nor are the majority of guys working in the gogo bars and massage shops, it’s just another job.

Yep, and I’ve got news for you all:  the straight female hookers don’t find their male clients any more sexually attractive than these straight male sex workers find their male customers.  It’s equally unpleasant for both — but yes, most jobs are.

Gay for Pay is a major industry in Thailand, even in the army. When my partner was a conscript at army HQ in BKK in 2010-2011, the sergeant would come around his platoon most evenings seeking volunteers for outside same-sex jobs that night (tops only). The boys who went were a mix of gay & straight ... Army pay & food was so unbelievably awful that it wasn't difficult to get volunteers.

My boy looked after the colonel's dog during the day and climbed over the fence at night ...

38 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

No they weren’t 

It's not that simple.
They certainly were a nexus of infection in the years before scientists knew exactly what was going on.

Later they often became centers of safe sex education.

Of course San Francisco did close the baths.

Signed -- survivor of 8th and Howard

26 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Gay for Pay is a major industry in Thailand, even in the army. When my partner was a conscript at army HQ in BKK in 2010-2011, the sergeant would come around his platoon most evenings seeking volunteers for outside same-sex jobs that night (tops only). The boys who went were a mix of gay & straight ... Army pay & food was so unbelievably awful that it wasn't difficult to get volunteers.

My boy looked after the colonel's dog during the day and climbed over the fence at night ...

Fascinating...genuinely!

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not that simple.
They certainly were a nexus of infection in the years before scientists knew exactly what was going on.

Later they often became centers of safe sex education.

Of course San Francisco did close the baths.

Signed -- survivor of 8th and Howard

I realise that JT but I just couldn’t be bothered engaging with ignorance. The fools that think HIV is a only gay thing....and then go f****** their way around Asia are potentially the highest risk there is

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Yep, and I’ve got news for you all:  the straight female hookers don’t find their male clients any more sexually attractive than these straight male sex workers find their male customers.  It’s equally unpleasant for both — but yes, most jobs are.

Not exactly news if you’ve emotionally grown past puberty!

I was talking to a girl a few years back , who worked in a higher end bar in Bangkok. She was telling me she just paid the doctor to give her the monthly tick of approval without any tests or checks at all . Kept her boss happy . She was earning the same money as an average wage in Australia . I met her when she started in the industry , a watched her health decline quickly over a few years . I was glad to here through a friend she had met a really nice farang and was living a very happy straight life in the UK . Most of these girls do this job out of desperation , in the hope they will meet a farang  and live happily ever after . Unfortunately , many are mentally scarred by what they have experienced or they marry a much older guy which generally fails anyway . 

10 hours ago, losername said:

You have indulged in a gross misinterpretation of what I have said.  Nowhere have I said it is a "gay thing" or anything akin to that.  You should apologise.  My comments relate purely to the reliability of any stats relating to gay communities in Africa coming from Africa on this subject.  Your last three paragraphs pretty much say the same for the same reasons.

I commented on how I read your post. You should have made it clearer.

No apology is due.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Oh dear, Colonels dog..?? Was there a booking office at the army base for recruits? Photos and body shots via phone app?

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_New_York_City

Begging the question - how did HIV spread to the heterosexual population? Would Gay Rights Activists have us believe that infected African immigrants were the cause, or that drug addicted tourists were the culprits?

The USA HIV epidemic originated in NYC and SF bath houses.

Nothing like a dash of homophobia to reinforce a twisted argument. Your assumption is that HIV spread out from the gay community, how do you know it wasn’t the other way round?  And using wiki? Enough said.

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_New_York_City

Begging the question - how did HIV spread to the heterosexual population? Would Gay Rights Activists have us believe that infected African immigrants were the cause, or that drug addicted tourists were the culprits?

The USA HIV epidemic originated in NYC and SF bath houses.

USA was not the first known infections and notifications of HIV as it is now known.

Ithad been prevelant in African nations for some time prior to 1980s, but being black improverished and "over there" was not of concern to white middle class mainly male researchers.

Epidemiological studies also highlight a serious problem with Hooper’s claims of an OPV/HIV link:  HIV-1 (the first of two known species of HIV, more infective and virulent than the second, HIV-2) was likely introduced to humans prior to 1940, and in a completely different part of Africa than the location of the polio vaccine trial, probably via infected chimpanzees in Cameroon. The Congo vaccine trials took place in the late 1950s—at least a decade after HIV had begun spreading in humans, and probably longer, according to more recent estimates (Worobey 2008). The vaccine could not have been the source of a virus that had already been infecting humans for many years.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/debunked-polio-vaccine-and-hiv-link