Why are more & more expats leaving Thailand?

RyanWalker

1 hour ago, RyanWalker said:

Actually I agree with you mate. I spend a sh*tload of money at supermarkets on food. Now some people would say yeah but I biy expensive stuff or I don't need it.. So then what's the point of living in Thailand anyway? The UK is cheaper than Thailand. Oh and the visa cost. If I imagine what I could have done with 40 visa runs money.. ????

Every year my bag gets heavier with western food.mates in pattay a ask me to get.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Yeah mate, not what it was before. I am stunned to see how cheap China is if I compare it to Thailand. It's very much different.

China , No bar fines ,  you can meet girls , go shopping ...

15 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You may have a point.

But did you concider that the average age of the customers has increased, so that servicing them has become more repulsive?

Funny to say that as most older guys I met prefer younger ones too. Same time the over aged and weight working girls think they can score a 25 year old and ask 3K.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bjrda77 said:

I believe there're many responsible retirees and older expats in Thailand and we happy to have them here. There'll be no problem for those who follow the rules and laws. 

On the other hand there're those arrogant people and commies who think they're entitled to everything without needing to contribute to anything and complain on everything. They should have done a research and known the fact that Thailand is a developing country. And if they can't take these facts why would they want to visit or live here in the first place.

I've been to many countries and I never expect them to speak my language.

Commies?  Do you mean communists?

Edited by Kelsall

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

There are not 5 times more American expats in Thailand than Brits, there are more Brits actually.

OK. I'll spell it out. The reason that TI asked all embassies to provide adequate verification was because, unlike the British Embassy, the US embassy carried out zero verification. TI became aware that many American expats were gaming the system and TI only really wanted the US embassy to up their game, This is born out by the fact that prior to the letters being withdrawn, US citizens, and only US citizens, began to be asked for backup documentation for their income affidavits when applying for extensions at certain IOs.

anyone can game the system with the right agent so what's the point?  it's all about intimidation, blame game and pocket change... 

14 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I am living in Thailand for 4 years on a spouse visa and no visa related thing has changed for me. But for people with a retirement visa has changed a lot - they have to have 800k Baht for 6 months and are not allowed to go below 400k Baht. If it´s a farang couple, it´s a lot of money to have for a long time on the bank account. Restaurant and my favorite massage shop owner told me that some of these couples have left.

If I wouldn´t be married with a Thai woman, I think I wouldn´t live in Thailand.

Does a statistic exists if more foreigners relocate to Thailand or more are leaving? 

TAT stats , confirm the number of foreigner guests residing  in Los is increasing .??

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Commies?  Do you mean communists?

Yeah... or maybe you might want to call them leftists. I used to be one of them when I was a freshman... before I've learned to understand logic and have understanding about life and the laws of natures...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

I am talking about more than 30 of my friends left Thailand. If I ask why, they all had one thing in common. The visas.

Interesting how when people leave, other people arrive, life is about movement and experience

No Visa changes if you keep 800K in a Thai bank account.

Cost of living in Thailand is 1/4 - 1/3 the cost of living in the USA.  

Many other benefits in LOS regarding female companionship as well ????

80855385_2396627510590068_4813450692796612608_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amykat said:

Since there are approximately 5 times more Americans in the world than Brits, if there are 5 times as many threads, for any one complaint, that would just make us equal on the face of it ...but you seem to keep wanting to point out something else??

There are no other Europeans on this forum? 

Since I am Dutch and for sure there are Germans here too, your whole argument turned to trash.

7 minutes ago, GeoMill said:

Since I am Dutch and for sure there are Germans here too, your whole argument turned to trash.

There used to be around 20,000 - 25,000 Dutch people in Thailand, not sure as of today. For holidays much more (100K up). And a lot more Germans.
Have to say, I saw Dutch people everywhere in Hanoi 2 weeks ago. Much less here today.

Also know 10-20 years, yearly returning ones that picked another destination in 2019 and likely again this year.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GeoMill said:

Really, there are other people besides Brits and Americans in the world?  I had no idea, thank you.  

I was just making a specific point to Danny because he has a history in many threads of saying that Americans do all the complaining here ....you might want to know that some Brits like to trash Americans at every opportunity for some reason to do with their teeth I think??

I am well aware of Holland, my Grandfather came from there and spoke 

Dutch and went back to Europe for most of adult life.  But thanks again.

• Thanks 1