Thaksin reunites with daughter on New Year Eve

webfact

9 minutes ago, rabas said:

... affecting street numbers nowadays!  55  44

and you were doing so well.

"Lived" at 221B Baker Street therefore, doubled (ignoring the B)? ... oh <deleted> ... *cough* I meant deflation :whistling:

5 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Red Pillar Box? (Embossed crown and probably 'ER').

London underground sign in the background?

Postcard?

Regency style building?

Cold?

Now I wonder where THAT might be then...............

Falkland Islands? St. Helena? Tristan da Cunha?

... Oops! The London Tube sign. My bad.

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Thaksin, Thaksin? Who for the hell is Thaksin??

Is he still alive? Is it a Thai?

Or is it the person who's escape many years ago?

Questions, questions, questions.

That looks like the lyrics to the latest K-Pop hit...

This isn't real news... it's a PR handout from Thaksin and the corrupt Shinawatra clan.

Not a month goes by that there isn't some "news" story about one of them.

They became so rich and entrenched in Thailand that the country was on the brink of civil war when they were finally brought down.

The brainwashed proles would have kept them in power indefinitely.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Shameful that my country England allow these ppl to flee there..

Obviously the UK (which is the country I came from) believes that Thaksin was been politically charged.

If the UK wanted to stop Thaksin entering the country they could do so very easily.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

The reluctance of the Thai Government to ask for his extradition is possibly explained because it would result in a court case, in a jurisdiction beyond their control, which would place on the world stage a large number of unpalatable facts about how his government, and the subsequent elected ones, were toppled; not to mention how the current one came to power.

If it is all that clear, why doesn't he come back himself and get the court case going???

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jumbo said:

If it is all that clear, why doesn't he come back himself and get the court case going???

The potential  court case which I am talking about is one in the UK fighting extradition. A jurisdiction " beyond the control" of the current Thai government. 

Do you think that he would receive a fair and transparent trial if he returned to Thailand? I rather suspect the  temptation to give him a "Benigno Aquino welcome" would be irresistible in certain circles!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, JAG said:

Evidence? Don't  be silly - "everyone knows"!

Knows what he bought a Diamond mine?
I'm pretty sure he couldn't sell his Diamond in the UK if they were blood diamonds.
So where is the evidence they are blood diamonds that's all I ask?

According to wikipedia he invested in Gold mining and Diamond polishing so again where is the evidence he is involved in the blood diamond bizz?

Edited by monkfish
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Knows what he bought a Diamond mine?
I'm pretty sure he couldn't sell his Diamond in the UK if they were blood diamonds.
So where is the evidence they are blood diamonds that's all I ask?

According to wikipedia he invested in Gold mining and Diamond polishing so again where is the evidence he is involved in the blood diamond bizz?

I am not commenting on your entirely reasonable request for some evidence. My point is, that for many of his (Thaksin's) detractors on this forum, "everyone knows" is sufficient to substantiate any allegations!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAG said:

I am not commenting on your entirely reasonable request for some evidence. My point is, that for many of his detractors on this forum, "everyone knows" is sufficient to substantiate any allegations!

Ha Ok i see.
Anyway i am just interested to know where he got this rather damning information from as I can't find info on it apart from on TV.