Survey - why do you wear trousers?

SteveK

Survey - why do you wear trousers?  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rarely wear long pants....Long international flights & formal occasions.....Have everything from Levis/cords/trekking to formal slacks available....

Usually I wear 3/4 length pants with cargo & zipper pockets (flat design, not bulky)....I have a good variety of colors....I have many pairs of shorts but very rarely wear them.....

Cotton gym shorts with a t-shirt around the house....When it got chilly I wore some gym style nylon warm up pants around the house....

Never leave the house wearing a t-shirt unless I'm not getting out of the car.....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Rarely wear long pants....Long international flights & formal occasions.....Have everything from Levis/cords/trekking to formal slacks available....

Usually I wear 3/4 length pants with cargo & zipper pockets (flat design, not bulky)....I have a good variety of colors....I have many pairs of shorts but very rarely wear them.....

Cotton gym shorts with a t-shirt around the house....When it got chilly I wore some gym style nylon warm up pants around the house....

Never leave the house wearing a t-shirt unless I'm not getting out of the car.....

I bet you look a real Bobby dazzler in your 3/4 length pants, a pair of Crox would compliment the outfit.

????????

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Climate change is a hoax. The climate of this planet has been changing for 4.5 billion years. It's only very recently that people started to be concerned with it and forced their children to be outspoken about the matter in the hope of getting some YouTube income.

You'd better share your opinion with some Aussies on the east coast of Australia.

7 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I bet you look a real Bobby dazzler in your 3/4 length pants, a pair of Crox would compliment the outfit.

????????

They're not the baggy type & worn for comfort....IMO better than shorts.....I don't have to worry about spindly legs....IMG_20200102_153822.thumb.jpg.87bc4d80ced74c1c216fc3f9ef773f69.jpg

I wear shorts inside the house. Or less.

I wear trousers outside because 1/ I have medical advice to stay out of the sun 2/ I prefer my knees unskinned if I come off my scooter 3/ I don't want to be arrested for indecent exposure.

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

Climate change is a hoax. The climate of this planet has been changing for 4.5 billion years. It's only very recently that people started to be concerned with it and forced their children to be outspoken about the matter in the hope of getting some YouTube income.

Hey, are you outright trying to make a new low in the capability to understand? Who in the world has been talking about climate change on planet Earth???

I thought you were comparing change in climate between Thailand and UK in your post (#5), and that I replied to that one. You know, that means i was replying to what you were posting about. Unless you were not posting about climate change on the planet, neither was I.

I sincerely hope I made you understand what you started talk about now.

(As an extra: When you started the talk about climate change on the planet, you are stating that it has been changing for 4,5 billion years. I totally agree with that. I also have an explaination for you in form of a question. Have you ever thought about that the reason why nobody talked about it before, was that it had not reached a point that was dangerous? As we all know, mankind are sometimes very slow to react.)

Just got in from the Isle of Skye
I'm not very big and I'm awfully shy
The ladies shout as I go by
Donald where's your troosers?
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
Down the street in my kilt I go
And all the ladies say hello
A lady took me to a ball
And it was slippery in the hall
I was afraid that I would fall
'Cause I didn't have on my troosers
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
They'd like to wed me everyone
Just let them catch me if they can
You canna put the brakes on a highland man
Who doesn't like wearing troosers.
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
To wear the kilt is my delight,
It isn't wrong, I know it's right.
The highlanders would get afright
If they saw me in my troosers.
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
Well I caught a cold and me nose was raw
I had no handkerchief at all
So I hiked up my kilt and I gave it a blow,
Now you can't do that with troosers.
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
Donald where's your trousers?

Shorts a preference whenever possible...

The exceptions: 

- Going to Immigration or other govornmemnt office where deference to the institution is expected.

- Attending weddings (wearing a suit)

- When ‘posh noshin’ (going to fancy restaurants - rarely). 

- When riding my motorcycle a distance further than ‘nipping to the shops'

- When flying to a colder country. 

Because when I see other westerners in the 'Pattaya Uniform,' tucked in t-shirt,  shorts with belt on, gut wobbling over the top and calf length socks with sandals, sun glistening off their shiny heads, I shudder and swear on my breakfast croissant that if ever I see myself in a mirror dressed like that I'll join the Flying Club.

8 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

They're not the baggy type & worn for comfort....IMO better than shorts.....I don't have to worry about spindly legs....IMG_20200102_153822.thumb.jpg.87bc4d80ced74c1c216fc3f9ef773f69.jpg

I can't believe you've photographed yourself in the bog mirror. Is your feminine side coming out? ????????????????

Every day I wear football shorts with a faded and beer stained, but still hilarious 'No money no honey' t-shirt, plus dirty trainers with socks that used to be white but are now a boho-chic grey - and Johnny Foreigner instinctively gives me the respect I deserve because in my home country they bury their phone cables, neuter stray dogs and obey traffic laws.

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Every day I wear football shorts with a faded and beer stained, but still hilarious 'No money no honey' t-shirt, plus dirty trainers with socks that used to be white but are now a boho-chic grey - and Johnny Foreigner instinctively gives me the respect I deserve because in my home country they bury their phone cables, neuter stray dogs and obey traffic laws.

That's too funny for words. ????????????

Have you got an Iron Maiden t-shirt and an inch long grey ponytail behind a completely bald pate too?

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Betty Swollocks is NOT a universal affliction.

And only women get yeast infections.

Wrong....   both men and women with diabetes get yeast infections. yeast feeds on glucose, so having plenty around makes it thrive.

I am quite conservative about clothes and just think that a grown up man wearing shorts looks a bit silly. I wear them only at beach holiday destinations, and not always in those either, especially at night. I have also been told by locals that I look more respectable for not being dressed like a bum unlike many tourists who look like they just got out of a tropical prison.

Archived