Survey - why do you wear trousers?

SteveK

Survey - why do you wear trousers?  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

As I wouldn´t walk around in shorts wherever I go in my home country, I have been taken it as a rule to keep also in Thailand. 

Don't know where you come from but Thailand is a damn sight hotter than the UK - shorts are essential to prevent excessive ball sweating and associated fungal infections.

17 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Don't know where you come from but Thailand is a damn sight hotter than the UK - shorts are essential to prevent excessive ball sweating and associated fungal infections.

Betty Swollocks is NOT a universal affliction.

And only women get yeast infections.

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Gotta just lurve Ursula Undress ????

Geez Crossy, showing your age there mate...5555.....and me cos I knew exactly who and what you meant without the poster....555555....1965 movie !!

34 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Just guess I am a little bit more adaptive to the circumstances of climate change then. Also looks like you are in minority with only about 33% according to your own poll.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Just guess I am a little bit more adaptive to the circumstances of climate change then. 

Climate change is a hoax. The climate of this planet has been changing for 4.5 billion years. It's only very recently that people started to be concerned with it and forced their children to be outspoken about the matter in the hope of getting some YouTube income.

26 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I wouldn't look good in a dress and long thin hairy legs don't look good in shorts

Have to agree , Not what you look like in a dress but when I am ready to go out and see myself in shorts I tend to say what a teacher said about 60 years ago  ' Put them away boy nobody wants to see them '.   72 yo legs in shorts ...no ..really.

5 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

No Vincent Price , must of been ill at the time.

I think that "House of the Long Shadows" was the only movie where all three appeared together. Of course I could be wrong (and I often am).

MV5BMjI0NjAyNDMzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTky

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Climate change is a hoax. The climate of this planet has been changing for 4.5 billion years. It's only very recently that people started to be concerned with it and forced their children to be outspoken about the matter in the hope of getting some YouTube income.

Totally agree. The climate crisis 'debate' is being financed by the plastics industry as a huge deflection from the very, very real threat that they present to the global environment.

38 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I wouldn't look good in a dress and long thin hairy legs don't look good in shorts

Your legs couldn't be any skinnier than mine and I wear shorts all the time. I've just reached an age when I really don't give a rats rectum what other people think.

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

For the same reason, I wear neither underwear nor trousers in Thailand. Shorts, T shirt/polo shirt and shoes. Why wear anything else?

If you want to keep down a job it's probably a good idea to wear trousers to work.

Of course, if you're working for a socks-and-sandals style of tech startup or self-employed then the rules don't apply.

But, if you're in the corporate world, trousers/pants are a must.

Jeans are also acceptable as business-casual, but depends on the company.

It's image over everything else in Thailand.

Archived