Survey - why do you wear trousers?

SteveK

Survey - why do you wear trousers?  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JCauto said:

Well, I was referring to my peers, those who have been working in rural development in Southeast Asia over 30 years or so although many I know who got it have been here a shorter time than I. We're probably a lot more exposed, so to speak. 

Mozzie spray is not 100% protection, whereas the tiny buggers here can't get through a thin layer of clothes, never mind my cotton socks and blue jeans. In Canada, you'd have to wear kevlar clothes to gain the same effect.

Well I think you should have added that bit about your friends. 

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I never wear shorts, I cycle about 15 Ks and spend time in the local exercise park most days and never have excessive ball sweating or associated fugal infections.

The reason I don't wear shorts is because in my opinion, they look absolutely hideous on a grown man, and being a reasonably good looking guy, tall, slim, and no big belly, facial hair or tattoos, I take pride in my appearance.

Oh God!

10 minutes ago, SussexExpat said:

What the trouser wearers don't admit is that they have skinny white legs covered in varicose veins.

"is that they have skinny white legs covered in varicose veins."  I don't. OK, maybe a bit white.

23 hours ago, SteveK said:

Don't know where you come from but Thailand is a damn sight hotter than the UK - shorts are essential to prevent excessive ball sweating and associated fungal infections.

I wear a comfortable pair of jeans when out, for one it keeps my legs from being burnt from the sun, and keeps the mosquitos off of my legs when out at night, besides, a nice top and sports shoes, a little cologne and the woman look my ways as opposed to the guys with shorts, black socks in flip flops/thongs and Hawaiian shirt...lol

Image result for picture of an old guy in shorts with a hawaiian shirt

46 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Nice legs on the left , I don't think mine have looked that good in 72 years. Are his shorts what the Aussies call Budgie Smugglers ?

Budgie Smugglers tend to be the Lycra tight little swimming trunks, Speedo were the popular style, I was banned from my local pool when the letter S came off the logo.

43 minutes ago, Alex2554 said:

1084215546_200px-Brooke-Popham__Wavell.jpg.8e3b0aaffa5c3aba146840e2f3ce3a86.jpg

"Principally, adults don't wear shorts."

That's in my opinion a very strange comment at a thai forum.You're imo an adult when you're 20 years old. You wear the kind of clothing that works with the climate. We're not in the UK or Island, this is Thailand. Everybody are not staying in downtown BKK. If you don't want to show your thin white legs, then wear trousers, it's up to you. 

Most, not all, men look like nerds or dorks in shorts. Girls have said they  like the look of trousers, or they are just relieved that they don't have to see me in shorts. So, for me, it's shorts at home, trunks in the pool, trousers in public. Stay out of the sun, take air con taxi in daytime.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

"Principally, adults don't wear shorts."

That's in my opinion a very strange comment at a thai forum.You're imo an adult when you're 20 years old. You wear the kind of clothing that works with the climate. We're not in the UK or Island, this is Thailand. Everybody are not staying in downtown BKK. If you don't want to show your thin white legs, then wear trousers, it's up to you. 

"Adults don't wear shorts",

is my opinion.

Further :

"Everyone can decide to wear shorts or not, where/when they want"

Climate may be a factor for some, and not for others.

We are all different.

11 hours ago, marin said:

You gotta be kidding me!!  Love to see those white legs..

You are really funny. Hahahaha! 

With whereever I go, I meant not in every place. Of course means I have shorts where it fits in and long trousers where that is a better and more vise choice.

So, now you can take the comment with white legs, and put up where the sun don´t shine. Hope I explained it so even you can understand.

Have a great day. Please read and understand before you quote next time, otherwise you will just continue to make a fool out of yourself.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:
14 hours ago, marin said:

You gotta be kidding me!!  Love to see those white legs..

You are really funny. Hahahaha! 

With whereever I go, I meant not in every place. Of course means I have shorts where it fits in and long trousers where that is a better and more vise choice.

So, now you can take the comment with white legs, and put up where the sun don´t shine. Hope I explained it so even you can understand.

Have a great day. Please read and understand before you quote next time, otherwise you will just continue to make a fool out of yourself.

Sense of humor failure already !!!.... oh well, thats 2020 ruined.... 2021 will be your year, I can feel it !!!

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sense of humor failure already !!!.... oh well, thats 2020 ruined.... 2021 will be your year, I can feel it !!!

But Richard? How bad of me to not think of your sensitivity when I am posting. Sincerely sorry for ruining a full year for you.

Archived