Hunt on for foreigner accused of stealing motorbike in Pattaya

webfact

15 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Not old and fully acquainted with urban colloquialisms.

"African broth talk"? I defy you to find reference to it anywhere, other than the author's mind.

Not everything is documented.

Particularly urban speech patterns.

Forget it, it'll only give you keyboard rage. I doubt it's even got a name.

3 hours ago, johng said:

Ok having got the video to play ( kind of) properly...  She doesn't really swear at the police...they say she has to go with them because she doesn't have a passport to show them...then she angrily retorts  "yeah cos that c*** f******  rode off with it ????

so she's swearing at her "boyfriend"

wow, she sounds sophisticated lol..

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Meaning she knows who he is, put a tail on her and you will find him soon enough. Then when you catch him, throw them both in the can for 2 years straight up.

Or, maybe easier to just go through the contacts in her phone.  ????

57 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Not everything is documented.

Particularly urban speech patterns.

Forget it, it'll only give you keyboard rage. I doubt it's even got a name.

Finished writing rubbish now? 

If so, get back to "African Broth" when you find reference to it anywhere. Either linked to Africans or anyone anywhere, calling it "Broth talk".

When your life comes down to defending fiction on a discussion forum, it might be time for a re-evaluation.

P.S. We have urban dictionaries these days.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

biometrics anyone lol

I wonder if she recently arrived with her boyfriend from England

According to OP:

The poster claimed that she said she had just met the man a couple of days before.

...and probably in a bar.

Watched the video.

I don't see him fiddling about with the ignition.  He waits for traffic to pass, then gets on, pushes back, and rides off.

Was the bike left running, or the key in the ignition?

I didn't see any action to bypass any wiring, or to manipulate the ignition switch. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, johng said:

She doesn't really swear at the police...they say she has to go with them because she doesn't have a passport to show them...then she angrily retorts  "yeah cos that c*** f******  rode off with it ????

so she's swearing at her "boyfriend"

The good police officers show their excellent English skills in the video :
You Show passport . You Have To , Woman: OKAY , You have To ,  Woman OKAY OKAY You have to : Woman : OKAY!!!!  Then they carried on with the conversation for the rest of the day. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Talk about quality tourists, should hold the lady for a while to see if she changes her mind about talking who the guy is.

Perhaps there is a TM30 record for her that may lead to his residence? 

20 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

The bike appeared not to have the steering head locked. He did not seem to force it. How does it start without the key, when he does not appear to hotwire the thing?

More questions than answers....

Yes, something not right about the video clip.

The only thing I can think of is, he or she rented the bike previously, had another key cut, returned the bike to the rental shop, and then came back to steal it later. 

21 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

Why is someone shown starting and riding away a motorbike at the start of the video, is this the bike theft in progress?

If so, why does the report state that the girl was on the back of the bike?

Because she got on it after it was nicked, obviously.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

.......fingered by the fuzz .  There are many I feel sure that need this in Patts.

They were conspicuously absent during the 'dangerous' week but back in force yesterday with TWO bandit  points; one on Rot Fai which hopefully severely inconvenienced the convoys of Chinese returning from the Floating Market.

Plod seems determined to kill off the tourist trade having strangled most other businesses locally.

Incredibly I made it unscathed through both checkpoints despite being guilty of driving while in possession of a white face.  

On 1/3/2020 at 5:17 AM, Jane Dough said:

She said something I couldn't work out: "Don't.......me bruv" was the gist of it. 

Seemed like a very nice young lady who perhaps hailed from the town of my birth.

Rooster

"Don't FILM me bruv"

Obviously referring to the person videoing the diatribe.

10 hours ago, johng said:

where was the other checkpoint ?

There's usually one next to the Ambassador on Suk.  I play ping-pong there four times a week.  I am usually harassed 50% of my visits.  They are always there on a Friday yet strangely missing on Saturdays.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, Leaver said:

Yes, something not right about the video clip.

The only thing I can think of is, he or she rented the bike previously, had another key cut, returned the bike to the rental shop, and then came back to steal it later. 

He could have rented it and never took it back and the owner spotted it while driving bye 

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

He could have rented it and never took it back and the owner spotted it while driving bye 

I think it has since been reported he stole a wallet, phone, and so, possibly the key.

The reporting in the article is not the best. 

In the article, it sounds like there are two Thai victims.