Urgent advice needed for renewal of retiremnt visa

Good morning my friends,

I currently have a 1 year retirement "visa" which expires on 7 January, that is 4 days from now. This was obtained from the Immigration at Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok.

I was renting a condo in Bangkok but left the property 6 weeks ago and returned to the UK. I am travelling back to Thailand today and will arrive in Bangkok tomorrow.

I am planning this time to stay in Jomtien where my gf is renting a condo.

As I am planning to renew my retirement visa, what would be the best way to do it ? Do I need to go to Chaeng Wattana, or just go to Jomtien immigration ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Barry

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could change you address to Jomtien and then do your extension application there.

So, I just go to Jomtien immigration, change my address there first and then apply for a new 1 year retirement visa, correct ?

OP, so previously you had a non o based on retirement and did an extension at CW?

When you previously obtained that extension you provided things such as a lease etc. Using money in bank method?

You don't have a lot of time. Personally I do it asap in case I need something that I overlooked.

Thinking you may be best applying at CW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, so previously you had a non o based on retirement and did an extension at CW?

When you previously obtained that extension you provided things such as a lease etc. Using money in bank method?

You don't have a lot of time. Personally I do it asap in case I need something that I overlooked.

Thinking you may be best applying at CW.

Yes, a non o based on retirement and did an extension at CW. They did not want the lease papers, just asked for a map where I had to point my address.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

Do I need to tell them about the change in address ? Because if I do not do that how could I get the TM30 ?

I'm thinking wherever you apply your going to attend when? Monday 6th? You could do your tm30 (if required) at either office on day you apply for extension. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm thinking wherever you apply your going to attend when? Monday 6th? You could do your tm30 at either office on day you apply for extension. 

I am planning to go to CW on the 6th or to Jomtien on the 7th. My question is if I go to CW will they approve an extension with an address in another province ? I think not

If I go to CW you think I could declare as my address the address of the hotel in BKK where I would stay temporarily and then change the address to Jomtien ?

Is it possible to do a TM30 for yourself ? I have never done that before. I thought the owner or possessor could only do that

Edited by Barry864

1 hour ago, Barry864 said:

I am planning to go to CW on the 6th or to Jomtien on the 7th. My question is if I go to CW will they approve an extension with an address in another province ? I think not

If I go to CW you think I could declare as my address the address of the hotel in BKK where I would stay temporarily and then change the address to Jomtien ?

Is it possible to do a TM30 for yourself ? I have never done that before. I thought the owner or possessor could only do that

This is what I would do because there is nothing illegitimate in cancelling you rental contract to visit your home country and on return staying an a hotel in Bangkok and renewing your extension.  This has the advantage of being the truth.
The TM 30 will not be your concern because the hotel will do it or not, depending on their arrangement with Immigration. 
The TM 6 should have the address of the hotel. 
When you move, you report your change of address to the Regional Immigration Office.  At the same time your girlfriend submits a TM30 to that office. 

• Like 1

I can tell you from experience that you have to go to CW.

Reason being, you obtained your first visa in CW

If you had obtained the original visa in your home country, you could renew anywhere in Thailand

but because you got it at CW, you have to go there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

I can tell you from experience that you have to go to CW.

Reason being, you obtained your first visa in CW

If you had obtained the original visa in your home country, you could renew anywhere in Thailand

but because you got it at CW, you have to go there.

That is only applicable for the first extension after getting the non immigrant visa at CW or any other immigration office.

After that it can be done at any immigration office.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Barry864 said:

Yes, a non o based on retirement and did an extension at CW. They did not want the lease papers, just asked for a map where I had to point my address.

In Jomtien they might want to see a rental contract or at least a permanent address when applying for a 1 year extension. This is the official requirement regarding address: "Copy(ies) of Proof of Residence documents (Rental Agreement, Housebook)" 

If you want to change your address to you gf condo, you just need to take her to immigration office along with her ID. She will report you as a farang who stay in her place. Then you apply for your extension.

The only thing that is a question:

if they do accept the new address for extension renewal before 1st 90 day report at the new address. 

Edited by The Theory

21 minutes ago, The Theory said:

If you want to change your address to you gf condo, you just need to take her to immigration office along with her ID. She will report you as a farang who stay in her place. Then you apply for your extension.

The only thing that is a question:

if they do accept the new address for extension renewal before 1st 90 day report at the new address. 

That's why I suggested CW very early in thread. If OP had say 7 days or less for extension for sure I would suggest what you outline along with others.

Fact is he has done extension CW before. They did not want his lease then. Just map. Why would anyone rock the boat with ONE day up his sleeve and apply extra change of address requirement.

BTW I did extension Oct last yr. Tm30 not asked for. Even if he got fined for not having one and needed extra queue ticket.

Big deal. For me no brainer given he really needs attend Monday. IMO 

• Like 1

get an agent to hold your hand through this. it is worth a few thousand baht. you'll need proof of funds on day of application; a real understanding of where to apply and a TM-30 from your landlord and that sounds like your girlfriend. And you only have two days. 

Apparently I misunderstood when I replied which is alright since nobody read it! 

Having moved in with his girlfriend in a different jurisdiction some time ago he has waited until now to inform immigration because he needs to make a new extension.

On moving from the Recorded Address one is supposed to inform Immigration administering the region one has moved to within 24 hours of arriving.  Some require a TM30 from you or the owner of your new address, some accept a prima facie report.  It is the duty of the foreigner to keep Immigration informed if they are effectively living in Thailand.  The new region would record his address and expect him to apply for an extension and report 90 days In due course from that address.

People here certainly know how to correct a situation like this but for the benefit of others I would say that it is better not to get into this situation.      

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a medical problem that I developed at the last moment I could not make it back to Thailand in time to renew my retirement extension (it was due for renewal on the 8th of January). I am planning to fly back to Thailand sometime next week. Do I absolutely need to get a visa from my homecountry in order to get a 1 year extension based on retirement as I have done before, or is it possible to do it having only the 30 day permission to stay stamp on my passport ? I am planning to try to do it at the Jomtien Immigration Office.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Edited by Barry864

22 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

Due to a medical problem that I developed at the last moment I could not make it back to Thailand in time to renew my retirement extension (it was due for renewal on the 8th of January). I am planning to fly back to Thailand sometime next week. Do I absolutely need to get a visa from my homecountry in order to get a 1 year extension based on retirement as I have done before, or is it possible to do it having only the 30 day permission to stay stamp on my passport ? I am planning to try to do it at the Jomtien Immigration Office.

Thanks in advance for your replies

No need for a visa.

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa ( category O) entry at immigration with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. Requirements here: https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for a visa.

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa ( category O) entry at immigration with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. Requirements here: https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

2 quick questions 1) if I get this "90 day non immigrant visa ( category O) " can I get a 1 year extension based on retirement when it expires ? 2) will I need a health insurance with this type of visa ? Thank you

3 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

1) if I get this "90 day non immigrant visa ( category O) " can I get a 1 year extension based on retirement when it expires ?

Yes you can. 

From my post.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

3 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

2) will I need a health insurance with this type of visa ?

No

• Like 1