Neighbour dumping cat faeces in empty klong out the back.

MaiDong

My neighbours are lazy & ignorant slobs, in every way, but my current issue with them is that they're emptying their cat litter into the empty klong out the back of their house and the smell is drifting through our house all day and night long. It's disgusting, and their response when we complain about the smell is 'don't smell it then'.

They also bbq pork out the front which fills our house with pig smoke, and leave an open bin with rotting cr*p in it, but my current concern is the cat faeces, it's just plain disrespectful and stupid.

Any sensible ideas?

I was thinking of spraying a mist of bleach into the klong, as it's just a mud bank that they dump the poo on.

• Haha 1

We've been toying with the idea of moving out for a while now, but our son is at school nearby, the house is full of our things and a move would be quite an upheaval, not to mention expensive.

They're deffo not going to change their ways.

A bag of lime it is then.

19 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

they have people who speak English, its set up for foreigners..

Not a good idea. They'll send someone around to the neighbors who'll tell them the foreigner in such and such house reported them, and then OP will get whacked one evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

they have people who speak English, its set up for foreigners..

Thanks, as someone else suggested though, it's probably best if wifey does it, she's much more diplomatic than me, and more menacing... 

16 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

are you living in a gated village. the thais that live in those dwellings are the most ignorant in my opinion...

It's just a small soi off Charansanitwong, not a gated village. But anyhow, I don't think it matters if there's 'gates' or not, there's good and bad in every village. 

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Look at the big picture!  Don't let this minor annoyance taint an otherwise peaceful existence...Don't dwell on this negative aspect of your life...and don't confront the Thais anymore...

Any more? 

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Not a good idea. They'll send someone around to the neighbors who'll tell them the foreigner in such and such house reported them, and then OP will get whacked one evening.

And then start dumping it over your wall.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, CharlieH said:

NCPO Thai government. 24 hour Call Center 1111 http://www.1111.go.th/

They deal with any and all complaints related to anything and everything.

I also have some problems with my neighbour.

Their rain trough keeps leaking water into my compound, my complaints fell on deaf ears.

Can I use this call center to complain?

On 1/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, MaiDong said:

Any sensible ideas?

Assuming your wife is Thai, get her to deal with the problem.

Otherwise, IMO, moving is your only viable choice.

I like threads like this ( not because it is a problem for you- I wish you no ill will ) because it reinforces my, and many other's, claim that buying property in Thailand is not a good idea.

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

I also have some problems with my neighbour.

Their rain trough keeps leaking water into my compound, my complaints fell on deaf ears.

Can I use this call center to complain?

I suggest you run a gutter to catch their run off and deposit it elsewhere.

Farangs complaining about Thais sometimes ends badly for the farang.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just thought of a possible solution.

Get your wife to ask the neighbours if they'd deposit the poo in a large rubbish bin if you provided it and disposed of the contents elsewhere.

I say YOU, because it doesn't sound as though they'd be prepared to do that.

I don't deal with anything regarding the Thais, I stay well out of it.

Wifey deals with things quite effectively but we don't have very good relations with these neighbours.

The cat poo is one thing, building up putrid rubbish bins is another, as is allowing the smoke from their moo bing to flow directly into and through our house, they just answer with childish and stupid remarks like 'don't smell it then'...

There's no win for us here, it's a pointless battle, I was only really looking for some short term solution until we can move to our land up in the country.