Non O Multple entries rules?

Because of the new rules I didn't apply for a 1 year extension based on my 2 years old Non O_A visa. In Holland I got last week easily a new Non Imm O multiple entry visa, based on my Thai sun (mother died).

- is it possible to apply for a 1 year extension after 2 months or do I have to wait 1 month before 1 year when this visa expires?

- is it possible to get a new 3 month period by leaving the country and come back in about 1 hour?  Longtime ago I did that many times in Kap Choeng but after it was not allowed anymore.

- I suppose I can get at an immigration office inside Thailand a 2 month extension based on my sun?

Thanks in advance for help, Sjoerd

Yes, you can choose to change to extension after 60 days on your first entry. That as long as you have been having 400k baht in a Thai bank account for a minimum of 2 month before your application.

Yes, you can do a quick border run to get another 90 day entry stamp. Someone updated with which border that still accepts that will later give you that information.

Yes, you can also extend every 90 day entry with another 60 days without the need to leave the country based on your Thai son.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

is it possible to get a new 3 month period by leaving the country and come back in about 1 hour?  Longtime ago I did that many times in Kap Choeng but after it was not allowed anymore.

You can do a border hop at the Chong Chom crossing without a problem now. Just enter Cambodia then turn around and come back. You will have to pay 300 baht for not staying overnight in Cambodia.

You can apply for 60 day extension at Kap Choeng immigration to visit you son for each 90 day entry from your visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do a border hop at the Chong Chom crossing without a problem now. Just enter Cambodia then turn around and come back. You will have to pay 300 baht for not staying overnight in Cambodia.

You can apply for 60 day extension at Kap Choeng immigration to visit you son for each 90 day entry from your visa.

Thanks Ubo Joe for answer me again. Just unanswered the question "can I apply for an one year extension after 2 months from entering or do I have to wait 11 months until the visa is about expired"

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

???? Thank you for answers; now I can go to Thailand next week with peace of mind.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, you can choose to change to extension after 60 days on your first entry. That as long as you have been having 400k baht in a Thai bank account for a minimum of 2 month before your application.

Yes, you can do a quick border run to get another 90 day entry stamp. Someone updated with which border that still accepts that will later give you that information.

Yes, you can also extend every 90 day entry with another 60 days without the need to leave the country based on your Thai son.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

???? Thank you for answers; now I can go to Thailand next week with peace of mind.

Sorry, 1 question more. Now I have for over 1 year 800K in the Bangkok Bank in HuaHin and over 800K in the Bangkok Bank at Surin.

- If apply for year extension based on my sun do I need 800 or 400K?

- Should it be possible to get a paper from Thai Bangkok Bank at Surin that I have over 3 months more than 800K in the Bangkok Bank (at Huahin), even if I reduce the amount in Surin down 800K??

4 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

If apply for year extension based on my sun do I need 800 or 400K?

You only need 400k baht in the bank. The rules do not stated it has to be in bank for amount for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai but some offices may want it to be in the bank for 2 months.

6 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

Should it be possible to get a paper from Thai Bangkok Bank at Surin that I have over 3 months more than 800K in the Bangkok Bank (at Huahin), even if I reduce the amount in Surin down 800K??

Immigration would only want to see the 800k baht in any bank or a total of 800k in more than 1 account for 2 months on the date you apply if you apply for an extension based upon retirement.

A Bangkok Bank branch can issue a letter for an account that is in any branch.

• Thanks 1