Health Insurance - Massive percentage increases every year

bbi1

Is it just me or are the yearly increases that insurance companies are charging absolutely hugely ridiculous? I'm with ACS and they always increase the maximum they can, claiming that "South East Asia is particularly affected by a constant increase in health care costs; consequently, the ACS plans covering this area are impacted by higher rates. The increase includes rates in the range from 5% to 10%."

Yet they always increase the policy by as much as possible, this time being 9% and last year being the highest on the percentage scale. Anyone else experiencing this with ACS or other health insurance companies?

I haven't made a claim from them at all and this is only a IPD policy. Any potential better policies out there? Annual premium is now about US$1,900 (including a 35% loading to cover an existing health condition) for a Mid-30's male. I'm on a METV visa so every 3 months need to fly in and out of the country with a max stay of 8-9 months before needing a new visa.

Also have complimentary credit card travel insurance when I pay for a (return) flight ticket with it but I think it's limited to only 30 day or 90 days (can't remember) , but I guess that's not the same as health insurance and I presume only for return flights from and back to your home country.

I just quit ACS - last year they have raised the rate by 8% and this year by 6% without any claim - not with me!

I switched to BDAE (German based group tariff, offered by broker e.g. AA insurance)

Archived