15 hours ago, varun said:

It's not stupidity, it's Thai logic - 

1) No planning

2) Wasting time in useless meetings without actually achieving anything

3) Being disorganised and lazy

4) Taking no action until the very last minute

5) Commencing critical works at the absolute worst possible time

6) Raise prices when experiencing customer decline

A very mature, adult analysis. I'm sure you are a credit to the country from which you fled to come here.

O.K. I agree that the road work during high season is stupid, but soi Loy Kroh is only closed off for a couple of hours at a time so it is not such a big deal. I know, I drive down there twice a day to drop off a relative that goes to school nearby. I just got back an hour ago. It was wide open to traffic. The work has been going on for 3 weeks now and you can travel down there through rush hour traffic but they do close it off for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day.

1 hour ago, lagavulin1 said:

Also, It's not much fun, or any point digging holes whilst it's pi##ing with rain either. Much more sensible to plan works when it's dry dont you think? ????????

If all public works were limited to  a dry season it could possibly shut down many streets at the same time.

Would that be more sensible?

16 hours ago, varun said:

It's not stupidity, it's Thai logic - 

1) No planning

2) Wasting time in useless meetings without actually achieving anything

3) Being disorganised and lazy

4) Taking no action until the very last minute

5) Commencing critical works at the absolute worst possible time

6) Raise prices when experiencing customer decline

7) Put ketchup and mayonnaise on pizza.

18 hours ago, tabarin said:

While there is many months with barely no tourists to do this without disturbing both businesses and tourists too much

Yes, far more logical to put off roadwork, laying underground cables, etc until heavy rains are more likely.

It is a great loss I cannot enjoy myself in Loi Kroh road tonight ????

Seriously the majority of tourists hangs out at Nimman; who cares.

I guess you can still walk in? So again, the majority of tourists does not drive themselves here.

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

True, the flood draining project along beach road started in June 2019 and was/is expected to take 240 days, 2/3 of a year.  There really is no "best time" in this crazy city, but obviously dry season is preferrable for construction work outside and underground.  https://thepattayanews.com/2019/09/09/drainage-system-work-continues-on-beach-road-more-sections-of-road-to-close-to-traffic-soon/

I think the real problem is here

yes to do road work during the dry season makes sense

but 240 days for basicaly digg a trench and put some plastic drain inside on 2 kilometers?

Come on, in most of western coutries the job can be done in 24 days or less.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, LomSak27 said:

No cones up as of 930 Monday.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stop the Press!   0945 Tuesday and they were up. ????

I'm thinking rush hour open, but. As my appointments at the Honda Shop are now finished, I hope other people can take the reigns, carry the water, make sure we know exactly what is going on in central CM.      BTW They were sure doing the pigeon photos early. Nauseating.

Archived