Eight shots fired at Big Joke's car: Former immigration chief unhurt

webfact

Just now, NCC1701A said:

nine pages of comments and no one here knows why he was demoted?

just ask your Thai friends they all know why.

and again Twitter is your friend.

Maybe you can get us some intel then? 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

there is a huge story going on on Twitter that can't be discussed here. 

i was going to post something about two days ago but thought maybe not.

It seems, there actually are several pretty interesting issues/topics/news items in the general category of "banned" that are being discussed in outside venues -- not on ThaiVisa and not in most domestic Thai media outlets.  But very interesting, nonetheless. Thanks for the head's up!

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Maybe you can get us some intel then? 

sorry i can't do that on this forum.

but i did notice this massage shop is right around the corner from the Barbar Fetish Club. :shock1:

i was wondering where it was. :clap2:

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

sorry i can't do that on this forum.

but i did notice this massage shop is right around the corner from the Barbar Fetish Club. 

i was wondering where it was. 

Fair enough, my gf have here intel on it, But she also do not want to say what she thinks about it

3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Fair enough, my gf have here intel on it, But she also do not want to say what she thinks about it

It's a good time to be looking outside Thailand for news about Thailand....especially among those foreign outlets that keep a close watch on the inner workings of things here.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's a good time to be looking outside Thailand for news about Thailand....especially among those foreign outlets that keep a close watch on the inner workings of things here.

Can you really trust anything?? I feel I believe in what I like to believe in, when there is no solid truth present. 

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Can you really trust anything?? I feel I believe in what I like to believe in, when there is no solid truth present. 

I guess you can start by asking yourself, are the official news sources here regarding sensitive topics more or less truthful that what you'd read from sources outside the country?  And a lot of it, specific topics, NEVER make it into the local news here because it's forbidden fruit.

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I guess you can start by asking yourself, are the official news sources here regarding sensitive topics more or less truthful that what you'd read from sources outside the country?  And a lot of it, specific topics, NEVER make it into the local news here because it's forbidden fruit.

My point, is can you really believe anything even outside Thailand news? Mostly who care about these matters, is somehow connected to one party or another, and then you have expats who know everything from their computerdesk hidden behind VPN servers. 

Of course you have Micheal Yon, and this other old Reuters guy I can not remember the name of. 

He kissed off some higher ups a while ago, when he would not take the message to stop grandstanding and holding incessant press conferences. Possible he is somehow stepping over the line again?

For awhile I thought he was deported. He has been so silent. 

in terms of this being bad for tourism, I think that was part of the reason he was fired. His inane racist rants were intolerable. Big Oud seems to be making some of the same mistakes now. 

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I'd love to know why he was fired. He must have done/known something really bad and interfered with someone higher up than him in the mafia, sorry government. 

Internal conflict amongst the made men? 

He’s obviously messed with someone important’s income stream, only to discover that he was not as powerful as he thought. Perhaps the publicity got to his head?

He’s Fredo!

Those aren’t warning shots. He probably has a driver and normally sits in the back. If someone shoots at you, your reaction is going to be to get low. That grouping is extremely tight and all rounds are placed where someone would be crouching down. 

If they were warning shots, they would be spread out across the car imo.

6 minutes ago, lust said:

Those aren’t warning shots. He probably has a driver and normally sits in the back. If someone shoots at you, your reaction is going to be to get low. That grouping is extremely tight and all rounds are placed where someone would be crouching down. 

If they were warning shots, they would be spread out across the car imo.

FB_IMG_1578408440254.jpg

15 hours ago, webfact said:

the incident would be investigated thoroughly and was bad for tourism.

Never mind bad for general security in Thailand if apparently completely out-of-control hooligans can target a high ranking policeman in a drive by intimidation with fire arms.
What is next, drive by shooting ? 
Don’t even want to speculate on what this really means or on the big question “why”.

19 hours ago, madmitch said:

Inactive posts must pay well if he can afford a Lexus!

The question is, why is he driving a crappy Lexus? Even the street food dealers in Phuket drive Mercedes. Guy that sells shrimp fried rice in Naithon Beach just bought a brand new Mercedes SLC 300 for 4.3 million baht. No, he’s not selling drugs on the side. Just fresh shrimp fried rice and bbq shrimp. It’s shocking how much the street vendors in Phuket make. There must be a line of 500 to 1000 tourists / day in Naithon each carrying dozens of boxes of shrimp fried rice back to their hotels. This dude in Naithon rakes it in. Would expect Big Joke to have better than the local street food vendors in Phuket. That crappy Lexus looks like what my parents bought me back in high school. 

My only comment is this:

1. He has spent an awful lot of time in the USA sice he was "fired". Including, as I understand it, in Quantico. Learning.

2. He May be working directly for certain folks.

3. Some other folks may be nervous.

Other than those innocent comments, Im staying waaaay out of this one as it may touch stuff that is none of a farangs business and shouldent even be talked about.

18 hours ago, rwill said:

Just a ruse to make people think Big Joke is still alive.  Has anyone ever seen him entering or leaving the building he supposedly works at now?

My immediate thought too. He is simply looking for attention in order get back into the spotlight or get a new car?

Archived