Americans increasingly critical of Trump's record on Iran, most expect war - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Many Europeans couldn't place most US states on a map, know their capitols, major tributaries etc. Most people just use google maps these days.

Why would anyone need to know that?  That's a lot more detailed than knowing where a country is located.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

a majority of U.S. adults now expect the countries to be at war in the near future

Count me in with them. I'll be surprised if one doesn't happen.

At the least, I expect some earthquake bombs to be delivered into the underground facilities where they are enriching uranium.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

Quite a few general assumptions there.

It is amazing that Europeans seem to forget their own history of conquest that entail rape and pillage while enslaving the conquered. How many of these countries paid to rebuild the country they defeated? 

If only the native americans had had a trump of their own and weapons to match, though if they had then their probably would have been no nest to rob. Back in the 80s got into a conflab at a dinner party in Arizona and told to get the Brits out of Ireland. I countered only then if the Europeans get out of America. Nice people they gave me and a friend many lifts on the back of their pickup trucks when cycling on their reservations in utah and arizona. When you put your thumb out they woul always stop let us put our bikes in the back and go on their way. Never a lift from the white man though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikeasq60 said:

What Americans does this Thai liberal publication refer? This American thinks that this terrorist General who was surgically taken out before any American deaths could occur was a great idea. Hed was in a meeting in Iraq to plain such an attack. Why doesnt this internet publication mention their are people in Iraq and Iran dancing in the streets because of this guys death. All you see are the people mourning in Iran, ever think these people could be under duress or part of the Iranian upper class. Lets get the real story from the man or woman on the stret away from this phoney wake and see what they have to say! Many deaths in Iran and worldwide at the hands of this general, he was no humanitarian. What do Iranians in Thailand think about this guys death I believe Thailand has a large Iranian community. Rest in pieces general!

First I noticed you said "dancing in the street and believed next your proof was Pompeo who falsely made that statement.. Yes it is true they ran in the streets but not dancing. Second why you name call this as liberal publication? Because it is not all agreeing with YOUR feeling and other here dispute certain facts?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Why are people talking about WWIII?

This is nonsense....Iran doesn’t have any nuclear weapons, no real air force, and its army is pretty pathetic. It has no capability to attack the USA or the UK. At best it could attack some shipping, and at worst maybe some kind of small terrorist attacks in some countries. 
Watch out for the nonsense being promoted online....you have no idea who is promoting this WWIII agenda....is it the USA, or is it Russia? Nobody really knows....but don’t buy into it. The Military Industrial Complex is drooling at another war and supplying munitions for it. We are being played by the people in power whether politicians, billionaires, or the same people who promoted the nonsense about Iraq.

The reality is your sons and daughters will be fighting, while the fat cats children will all be safe at home. The first people to go and fight in any conflict should be Trump, his kids, and Pence’s kin. But do not hold your breath. Ladies and gentlemen, we are being played....Again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

First I noticed you said "dancing in the street and believed next your proof was Pompeo who falsely made that statement.. Yes it is true they ran in the streets but not dancing. Second why you name call this as liberal publication? Because it is not all agreeing with YOUR feeling and other here dispute certain facts?

I saw Iraqis on Al Jazeera very happy he was assassinated. As for dancing, it didn't show any, but that doesn't mean there weren't any.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dexterm said:

No-one killed in the embassy protest...just lots of hot air, some vandalism and a voluntary retreat. You don't respond to that by assassinating the Iranian second in command. The US alone has escalated this into a possible war..one that Trump has wanted and provoked since he first ran for President. 

IMO a war is the most likely thing to get Trump NOT elected, so I don't believe that.

I'm also sure the assassination was planned long ago and just waiting for an opportune moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iran does not want war with the US ... today on Reuter

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-revolution-anniversary-khamenei/death-to-america-aimed-at-trump-not-american-nation-iran-leader-says-idUSKCN1PX0T8

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranians will chant “Death to America” as long as Washington continues its hostile policies, but the slogan is directed at President Donald Trump and U.S. leaders, not the American nation, Iran’s supreme leader said on Friday.

“‘Death to America’ means death to Trump, (National Security Adviser) John Bolton, and (Secretary of State Mike) Pompeo. It means death to American rulers,” Ayatollah Khamenei said.

• Haha 1

Just now, nobodysfriend said:

Iran does not want war with the US ... today on Reuter

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-revolution-anniversary-khamenei/death-to-america-aimed-at-trump-not-american-nation-iran-leader-says-idUSKCN1PX0T8

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranians will chant “Death to America” as long as Washington continues its hostile policies, but the slogan is directed at President Donald Trump and U.S. leaders, not the American nation, Iran’s supreme leader said on Friday.

“‘Death to America’ means death to Trump, (National Security Adviser) John Bolton, and (Secretary of State Mike) Pompeo. It means death to American rulers,” Ayatollah Khamenei said.

Then just amend it for gods sake.

Death to American rulers sounds like it would fit on a placard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Which is exactly the opposite of the position that Donald Trump campaigned on. And, what so many of his supporters claimed made him different from previous Presidents.

Trump has reversed on just about every issue he campaigned on. You expected this to be any different?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Let's cross our fingers and pray this won't weaken the dollar. Otherwise some American expats living in Thailand are going to feel it.

Not if they hedged themselves with gold.

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Fellow AMERICAN'S beware. Attached is a former Pentagon expert warning us here in Thailand. We are now as likely a target as any for retaliation,

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/01/07/iran-america-threats-qasem-soleimani-brian-todd-sr-pkg-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/tensions-with-iran/

Fortunately, I don't have any more business at the embassy until I renew my passport 9 years from now, especially since they took away my income letter. And I really don't get into downtown Bangkok much more than once or twice every three months or so. And the only other real big target to hit Westerners, oddly enough, might be around Chaengwattana. So as long as you can mail in the 90 day, avoid the TM30, and dash in to extend your visa once a year, you're not likely to be hurt. But remember these guys? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/22/thai-court-convicts-iranians-bomb-plot

• Haha 1