Extension Of Stay Renewal When Out of Country

This question has probably been asked and answered but I searched and didn't find anything. My extension of stay based on retirement runs out in June but I will be out of Thailand from March until July. What can I do? Thanks.

I think if I start over I will not be able to do an extension of stay because I did it when I had a Non B visa. I don't want to apply for an OA visa.

Edited by Gtto

43 minutes ago, Gtto said:

I think if I start over I will not be able to do an extension of stay because I did it when I had a Non B visa. I don't want to apply for an OA visa

I missed this post. Why would you want to obtain a non O-A visa. Stuffed up option with nonsense insurance. Either return to Los with a setv or VE and convert to non o at Thai imm or obtain non o at nearby country.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gtto said:

I think if I start over I will not be able to do an extension of stay because I did it when I had a Non B visa. I don't want to apply for an OA visa.

When you are abroad in the period that you can apply for an extension of stay based on your current retirement-Visa, you have no choice and will have to start from scratch again.

With the new health-insurance requirement I fully understand you are not keen on applying for a Non Imm OA (long-stay) Visa in your home-country.

So you will need to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa.  This can be done at a thai embassy/consulate in your home-country (provided they issue them, as not all countries do it anymore).  You can also apply for one at a thai embassy/consulate of a Thailand neighboring country.

But easiest way is to return to Thailand Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa, and then apply for the 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa at the local IO of the place where you want to stay long-term.  In the last month of those 90 days you can apply at that same local IO for a 1-year extension, and you would be back to your current status.

>> I have PM-ed you a comprehensive roadmap to convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa, outlining all options and details.

To access your PM-messages click on the letter icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Is CM immigration allow change of visa, 30 day exempt to non-o retirement without exit ?

Yes they will if you have at least 21 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gtto said:

Thanks for all the help. I managed to change my trip so that I am back in thailand a week before my extension expires. Seemed the easiest thing to do.

Just be sure everything is in order when applying for the extension. Time flies when having problems. 

• Like 1