Ricky Gervais cuts a glum figure as he steps out in London after hitting back at criticism of his scathing Golden Globes monologue

snoop1130

Ricky Gervais cuts a glum figure as he steps out in London after hitting back at criticism of his scathing Golden Globes monologue

By SEAN O'GRADY

23198832-7869413-image-m-61_1578583210619.jpg

Low-key: Ricky Gervais, 58, was putting the recent furor that followed his fifth turn as host of the Golden Globes behind him as he stepped out in London on Thursday

He recently hit back at critics of his controversial Golden Globes monologue with a scathing tweet.

And Ricky Gervais was putting the recent furor that followed his fifth turn as host of the awards show behind him as he stepped out in London on Thursday.

The comedian, 58, cut a casual figure for the day out in the capital, sporting a grey jacket with a black t-shirt and matching trousers.

Sporting a pair of sunglasses, the Afterlife star completed his look with a pair of black trainers.  

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7869413/Ricky-Gervais-goes-low-key-outing-London-hitting-Golden-Globes-critics.html

I love Ricky and I love nearly everything he's done. Some of the episodes of Extras are right up there with the best comedy of all time. Binge watching Afterlife was one of the highlights of 2019. But this was a bit too bitter for my liking for an occasion like this. Cutting yes, scathing perhaps but I'd rather lol than relish the celebs feeling that awkward. 

Rooster

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He recently hit back at critics of his controversial Golden Globes monologue with a scathing tweet.

So it’s ok for you to have a go at others, but you get the hump when you yourself are the target...ho hum. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

I am not a fan of this comedian but that's not a criticism it is simply choice. His brand of comedy made me smile once or twice but never made me laugh. I did watch some of his GGA speech and to me it seemed that he was really fed up with the whole thing but if that was true why did he not refuse to host the GGA in the first place. Reminded me of a schoolboy tactic that if you don't want to do something, do it badly or embarrass others and you won't get chosen again. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not since I don't really follow cinema very much.

• Like 1

Such is the comedian's life, ever searching for new material to please the crowd and sometimes at the expense of others and the fear of bombing at the microphone is a real concern for them, people want to see comedians as long as the jokes are on other's expense, they don't like it when it hit home and hit hard...

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sporting a pair of sunglasses, the Afterlife star completed his look with a pair of black trainers. 

Gave the Hollywood elites the talking to they so badly needed and deserved only to be given a fashion critique.  Shallowness meets depth, not in Hollywood it seems.   Walt Disney / Mr. Rogers stayed character.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I love Ricky and I love nearly everything he's done. Some of the episodes of Extras are right up there with the best comedy of all time. Binge watching Afterlife was one of the highlights of 2019. But this was a bit too bitter for my liking for an occasion like this. Cutting yes, scathing perhaps but I'd rather lol than relish the celebs feeling that awkward. 

Rooster

correct! 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Rooster

Yeah, I agree. It wasn’t really funny this time.