Wanted: Reward for arrest of armed gold shop robber tops 600,000 baht

rooster59

15 hours ago, Chazar said:

Many dont, or  lights or licence or almost anything, also helps  to drive under 10 yrs  of  age and because  its accepted no one would  look twice at a bike with no plates

agree .... however, i am sure the police have studied CCTV outside the store, in the car park and every CCTV within a kilometer radius. I bet they have bike details and other forensic evidence and are sure to make an arrest soon.

13 hours ago, Brunolem said:

crackhead. 

It's also the first thing I thought of.
This synthetic drug has literally invaded Thailand.
In addition, the price of the red pill has dropped considerably.
Many road accidents are due to this drug and also many free murders like that of Lopburi.
The guy who shot the people in there certainly didn't do it on purpose; he was high on speed and the only thing he still understood was that he was going to make a gold store in order to have the funds necessary to buy his next pills plus a quick trip to the local karaoke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

THis was highly organized by someone.

This has all the hallmarks of a staged robbery. Bring the dude in alive. There is more to this story.

If you're right, the police are going to do their best to get the guy killed before he can speak up and call into question some HiSo or other senior army or police officer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

If you're right, the police are going to do their best to get the guy killed before he can speak up and call into question some HiSo or other senior army or police officer.

Nope. They apparently got the gun. And maybe the Can. Somebody is looking into the backstory already per the press. a 2 year old is brutally gunned down. this one cant be covered up.

My bets: The Husband and/or Wife customers wounded were the targets, or the poor salesgirl who died. Money or Romance. Thats usually the motive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Nope. They apparently got the gun. And maybe the Can. Somebody is looking into the backstory already per the press. a 2 year old is brutally gunned down. this one cant be covered up.

My bets: The Husband and/or Wife customers wounded were the targets, or the poor salesgirl who died. Money or Romance. Thats usually the motive.

I thought about the family customers at the gold shop being the targets also but how could he guarantee they were there at the time ?

The salesgirl ?, okay sounds feasible.

There was a report of someone saying he was at a nearby coffee shop checking out the gold shop a day or two before but heard no more about that , maybe no CCTV??

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

agree ....  the shooting looked intentional, so was it to get back at the woman. The robbery was just a plot. Alot more behind this story. 

Exactly the opposite of what I thought.
It is also very plausible;
As Nyezhov writes, "Money or romance"
Here it's first romance and money for diversion 

... I wonder if they have compared the boot print on the counter with Cambodian military issue ? Or what the ex-KR had ? e.g. from along that border some where ? ... I guess that they probably have.  ... Sounds like they just about have then any way .... the hit for another motivation starting to make a lot of sense now. ... Not just a robbery. Like THEN it Can be a professional job, like all the physical facts have always pointed to. except for killing of the bystanders ... Quite a few people hit though ??? Like were they all related ? ... Probably not. ...... Pointing back to mindlessness and Drugs .... The sad answer here WILL be interesting ! ...

19 hours ago, CGW said:

I questioned that 30 some years ago when I first worked here, I was told that Thai's never committed violent crime as they were Buddhist! It was obviously true back then!

Times have changed :shock1:

Ever thought this guy just might not be Thai!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

My bets: The Husband and/or Wife customers wounded were the targets, or the poor salesgirl who died.

To me it really seems the customers were shot to get them out of the way - he paid them no further attention once they were on the floor - if they had been the real target I am sure he would have shot them again or at least paid them more attention.

18 hours ago, Artisi said:

So the guy undertaking the robbery knew well in advance what the takings would be, and further, if it was to be a hit -, why worry about trying to make it look like a robbery - - please expound your theory as to why? 

Very  easy to explain. You have a beef with someone and you want them dead but know even if you shoot them in disquize you will be suspected because everyone knows you hate this guy. You stage a robbery and kill others besides your intended target so everyong thinks some random guy shot anyone in his way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

To me it really seems the customers were shot to get them out of the way - he paid them no further attention once they were on the floor - if they had been the real target I am sure he would have shot them again or at least paid them more attention.

Correct.

Folk overthinking it to be a hit or revenge killing.

It was a military trained junkie from Lopburi with a military weapon gone loony because he needed money for drugs.

• Like 2

Excellent point. That leaves the poor salesgirl. Random victim...or?

I'm surprised he isn't caught already.   Too bad, of course.  Look, most of us are well-balanced individuals and it's impossible to imagine shooting a two-year old kid unless circumstances are extremely crazy with the mother.  I don't think that's the case here, so I have to fall back to my lazy detective work of him being really high on drugs, because a rational person couldn't do this to a strange boy.  I can't imagine he's shooting a female at work when he could wait for another, better opportunity.  None of this makes sense, except really mentally unstable, high on drugs, trigger happy, but then how does he escape if on drugs?  To me, the kid's death changes everything.  I really don't care if I don't hear the real story as long as they get him.  

4 hours ago, dave moir said:

Ever thought this guy just might not be Thai!

Of course we have all thought that, but that's the absolute worst case of the worst case scenario, so we won't be having those thoughts out loud.  If so then it better be from a country whose passport I don't share.  

On 1/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, pixelaoffy said:

If Thais really work together they can catch this scum !  He may well be trying to leave country or already left 

The Police have  already said that they know who is is, so it should'nt be too difficult to find him.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

The Police have  already said that they know who is is, so it should'nt be too difficult to find him.

If they have the gun then maybe he will be taken alive. If they know who he is maybe there is a link between him and someone he shot.

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Of course we have all thought that, but that's the absolute worst case of the worst case scenario, so we won't be having those thoughts out loud.  If so then it better be from a country whose passport I don't share.  

He might not have been a White other race, he could have been Asian from another country around here ? ... Or to our north.  .... ???

If they have the gun then maybe he will be taken alive. If they know who he is maybe there is a link between him and someone he shot.

Probably a Very smart idea for him, ... to make sure that they got the gun first ! ... Probably just a Low Level local criminal ... on drugs, and with a big bill from his dealer to pay.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:24 PM, Duck J Butters said:

I’ve never felt any sort of danger living in Thailand. Nothing, nada. One of the safest places in the world that you can live in right now is Thailand. No serious natural disasters either. Literally, if climate change starts to become super severe or WW3 ever does happen, Thailand is where you want to be living

The thousands of victims in the 2004 tsunami, the 2011 flood

or the permanent road carnage probably should disagree with your statement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, fantom said:
On 1/11/2020 at 2:54 PM, KKr said:

Motorbike did not have a license plate then ?

Read the OP.

Appreciate your advice:
"Checkpoints were in place as the man and his motorcycle were being sought"
is the only reference I have seen.

video footage at parking, traffic light, crossroads, would have recorder the where the bike has gone.