Ukrainian aircraft was shot down in Iran due to human error - Iran military statement

rooster59

55 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think Russia wasn't mentioned because they're not involved in this, US is.

Putting the Georgia shootings on Russia's plate is too easy.

The plane was  shot down by two Russian Tor missiles and surely the Irani receive Russian training. Some of Russia's relaxed attitude towards indiscriminate bombing of civilians  (more recently in Syria) may also have rubbed off in Iran. The national guard and Quds don't have a good record. So yes, the Russians are involved at least peripherally. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you acknowledge that the Iranian regime are routinely shooting and killing their own citizens who they view as dissidents? Just curious to hear your thoughts on this. 

In the recent protests, the Revolutionary Guards killed as many as 1,500 demonstrators in the streets. Since their founding in 1979, the IRGC has gone far beyond their original purpose and now controls vast swathes of the Iranian economy. For all those conspiracy nuts who go on about the Hillary Clinton/George Soros “deep state,” this is what an actual deep state looks like, and the Guards have too much at stake economically to allow street demonstrations to get out of hand.

Still, there’s no reason under the sun why the Guards or the regular military in Iran would knowingly shoot down a civilian airliner; it was clearly an error. These are two entirely different matters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 days deny, deny and lie over something that they already knew has happened by their own air defense. They tried hard to cover it up by keeping the black box.
If it was their own domestic flight, they would cover it up by lie and they wouldn't tell the truth to the people. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Cory1848 said:

In the recent protests, the Revolutionary Guards killed as many as 1,500 demonstrators in the streets. Since their founding in 1979, the IRGC has gone far beyond their original purpose and now controls vast swathes of the Iranian economy. For all those conspiracy nuts who go on about the Hillary Clinton/George Soros “deep state,” this is what an actual deep state looks like, and the Guards have too much at stake economically to allow street demonstrations to get out of hand.

Still, there’s no reason under the sun why the Guards or the regular military in Iran would knowingly shoot down a civilian airliner; it was clearly an error. These are two entirely different matters.

I agree with your last statement. But what I don't understand is how some people are aiming their vitriol at Trump, rather than considering the atrocities that the Iranian regime have been getting away with against it's own citizens, and citizens across the ME, in Iraq, Syria etc. 

The US were right to take out Soleimani. They should save the Trump hatred for when it's warranted. Even a stopped clock is right 2 times a day! 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Like the US that shot down a commercial flight?

Right

but this has happened 2 min from Iran's international airport. Where the air defense must know about flight schedule (if no radar available) since their site located too close to the airport (very sensitive location) and aircrafts fly lower altitude. If it is a restricted area then it should be no fly zone. 
It means that some missile operators suddenly woke up and saw a flying object in sky, right. 
educate yourself before getting in any argument, suggested.  

Edited by The Theory
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree with your last statement. But what I don't understand is how some people are aiming their vitriol at Trump, rather than considering the atrocities that the Iranian regime have been getting away with against it's own citizens, and citizens across the ME, in Iraq, Syria etc. 

The US were right to take out Soleimani. They should save the Trump hatred for when it's warranted. Even a stopped clock is right 2 times a day! 

Stopped clock , you mean President Trump . 

He needs to be woken up , and do what a man needs to do .

Do not delay the inevitable … 

• Confused 3

44 minutes ago, elliss said:

Stopped clock , you mean President Trump . 

He needs to be woken up , and do what a man needs to do .

Do not delay the inevitable … 

Why don't you call him and let him know what you think about him ????????

you sound very knowledgable.???? I'll vote you if you run for presidency this year. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

Right

but this has happened 2 min from Iran's international airport. Where the air defense must know about flight schedule (if no radar available) since their site located too close to the airport (very sensitive location) and aircrafts fly lower altitude. If it is a restricted area then it should be no fly zone. 
It means that some missile operators suddenly woke up and saw a flying object in sky, right. 
educate yourself before getting in any argument, suggested.  

The issue is Supper Powers supplying some of the most sophisticated military hardware to be operated by conscripted radicalised hot heads...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Basil B said:

The issue is Supper Powers supplying some of the most sophisticated military hardware to be operated by conscripted radicalised hot heads...

So now we have someone who thinks army personnel aren't issued with instructions when to fire missiles. More attempts at whitewashing our Iranian Mullah friends.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

3 days deny, deny and lie over something that they already knew has happened by their own air defense. They tried hard to cover it up by keeping the black box.
If it was their own domestic flight, they would cover it up by lie and they wouldn't tell the truth to the people. 

Exactly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

You mean like have I shot down a civilian aircraft and lied my head off until caught bang to rights?

They admitted it didnt they.  They took responsibility.  Very unlike some other country that has a reputation for denial even when the evidence/or lack of, is right in its face ie WMDs, imminent threats etc etc

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

So now we have someone who thinks army personnel aren't issued with instructions when to fire missiles. More attempts at whitewashing our Iranian Mullah friends.

Clearly they never understood the instructions, I find it hard to comprehend how you can mistake a cruse missile with a 737. 737 is a lot larger (about 80tons compared to the cruse missile typically 1.5tons), in the climb probably less than 300mph (500Km/h) where as a Cruse Missile probably 500mph (800km/h) 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Clearly they never understood the instructions, I find it hard to comprehend how you can mistake a cruse missile with a 737. 737 is a lot larger (about 80tons compared to the cruse missile typically 1.5tons), in the climb probably less than 300mph (500Km/h) where as a Cruse Missile probably 500mph (800km/h) 

Clearly phooey. PS It was night time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

They admitted it didnt they.  They took responsibility.  Very unlike some other country that has a reputation for denial even when the evidence/or lack of, is right in its face ie WMDs, imminent threats etc etc

After lying their heads off, the evidence stuffed them. Next, hold on to black box and bulldoze the site.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Whether some like it or not the end is coming soon. It is just a matter of time. 

Arresting UK diplomats Won't help  ????????

I didn't see a thread on that news report here...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51077897

The UK ambassador to Iran was arrested during anti-government protests in Tehran after officials admitted shooting down a passenger plane.

Rob Macaire was held for three hours, in what the UK described as a "flagrant violation of international law".

It is understood he was attending a vigil for those who died in the crash, which turned into a protest.

• Like 1

This part of the world is inhabited by trigger happy savages, back in the Iran-Iraq war, Iran AA gunners would frequently target their own aircraft and if the pilot bailed out they would shoot him too when his parachute opened. Even a few years ago an Iran F14 was taken out by a friendly missile battery.

Im surprised these events dont happen more often

• Like 1
  • Confused 2