Bike registration and ownership

Ryan1234

my friend has a Honda click sitting in Bangkok for 2 years and he is giving it to me because he is no longer in the country.

i have the book that shows the owner is my friend. 

here is my questions

1. can I get the bike picked up in Bangkok and delivered to pattaya and do the registration and tax in pattaya? Or do I need to do registration and tax in Bangkok?

shipping company said as long as I have the keys and bike book they can send it to me in pattaya

2. What do I need to do to change ownership name from his name to my name? Again I have the bike ownership book. My friend is no longer in Thailand so I can mail documents to him if needed to get signed. 

I will be putting the bike in my wife’s name because she is thai

thank you in advance for your comments and help

You need a signed copy of your friend's passport, plus his signature on a DLT transfer of ownership form, plus the blue book, plus the bike.

You can transfer ownership into your own name using the above docs plus your own passport.

Ask Pattaya DLT if it can be done there, before shipping the bike, or must it be Bkk? This being Thailand, it may depend on which DLT officer you speak to!

You will have to pay 2 years back tax and a small fine.

1: You'll need to take the bike + green book to Chonburi  DLT to change the name and province/licence plate.

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.4074656,100.9891908,3a,75y,77.95h,80.27t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sfyJ9hIlUI30GOSwCamsTeg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i47

2: you need a copy of his passport photo page and the page showing exit stamp from Thailand..signed by your friend

also  a power of attorney form and request to transfer ( front and back)  signed by your friend.

Power_of_Attorney_TH.pdf

transfer.pdf

transfer back.pdf

237250767_Englishexample_powerofattorney_umnart.thumb.png.ed269067102cb4560267f998601433bf.png

800693841_Englishexample_transferenglish.png.0392aac07510a8e230440e8b07a6a016.png

go back in a few weeks to pick up the new number plate !!!  yes Thailand 4.0 :crazy:

its fine to put it into your wife's name   or you can put it into your nane  but you will then need a "certificate of residence" from Jomtien immigration ( 300 baht)

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gnasher328 said:

Cannot do it without the owner having a current visa! Crazy!

Its been reported that  they will except a copy of the owners passport  showing the exit from Thailand stamp + all the rest of the papers.

• Like 2