Tesco Lotus to boost bottled water production to help customers cope with drought

rooster59

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Is it so hard to connect a drain to a hose and direct it to your garden?

Grey water recycling is so much more than just directing a hose to a garden especially if recycling into laundry and toilet.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The water from the machines in the Sois is very very poor quality water.....I only drink the really clean water in the big plastic jugs from 7-11...

No more plastic bags. No more cars and trucks (see other topic). And no more plastic water bottles. Can't wait to see all these old fatties sling three or four letter carrier bag sized cloth holders over their shoulders, tramp a 6 km round trip (like I do), and then go back and do the trip all over again in order to roll 15 gallon sized metal or glass jugs back home.

Panic machine is being set in motion. I remember during the Big Flood of 2011, it took less than 10 days for the store shelves to be entirely cleaned out of drinking water, except for a few bottles and cans of expensive, imported mineral water. Well, if there is going to be a panic, I might as well panic first and get up to Lotus and buy a few shopping carts full of water.

• Like 1

I love this forum. A less than healthy dose of scepticism. Maybe the thought was, we can help out here with bottled water coming from a sustainable source other than rivers and shallow bore holes. But no....no one checks where the water will come from.

Agreed about the extra bottles themselves, and the plastic wrapping, but 1 thing at a time.

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The retailer’s corporate affairs director, Salinla Seehaphan, added that the stocks of bottled water will be 50 per cent more than normal.

So what they really saying is that they don't give a rats ass about the people, just put more plastic on the planet and rip the people off an extra 50 %  . If they wanted really wanted to help the people they should Reduce the price 50 % . But hey this is Thailand  they know best. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

So what they really saying is that they don't give a rats ass about the people, just put more plastic on the planet and rip the people off an extra 50 %  . If they wanted really wanted to help the people they should Reduce the price 50 % . But hey this is Thailand  they know best. :thumbsup:

Nobody is being forced to buy it.

10 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Prolly not the best health wise to be draining ya freshly flushed turds out into the garden.... just sayin.

Turds in grey water? I sure hope not. (perhaps you don't know what 'grey water' means)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, digger70 said:

So what you are really saying you did not read the article.

There is no mention of a 50% price increase,the opposite really,They are reducing the price for a few months.

10 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Prolly not the best health wise to be draining ya freshly flushed turds out into the garden.... just sayin.

Gray water doesn't come from toilets that is known as black water gray water comes from showers washing machines and the sinks and is good for watering plants

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, digger70 said:

They are going to stock 50% more water

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

Panic machine is being set in motion. I remember during the Big Flood of 2011, it took less than 10 days for the store shelves to be entirely cleaned out of drinking water, except for a few bottles and cans of expensive, imported mineral water. Well, if there is going to be a panic, I might as well panic first and get up to Lotus and buy a few shopping carts full of water.

Living in GA The mere mention of snow or ice and the stores would be out of milk and bread ????

On 1/12/2020 at 9:24 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

Now how about those with  Aircon save the  dripping water from the drains?

Nah !  I am sure  biological weapons  are  illegal.

I connected a pipe from the A/C to the plants works a treat

• Haha 1