DLT Smart Queue App

scotsdude

Hi... Has anyone used the DLT Smart Queue yet for booking a Thai driving licence application / renewal / replacement etc? Is the app only for Thai nationals? I was unable to register due to not having Thai National ID obviously. Is there any way for foreigners to register and use the app? Thanks for any help in advance... 

5 hours ago, HampiK said:

Maybe it works if you have a yellow book and a pink ID...

never tried it, even though I have both.. but since the licence is in english and linked to the passport (inital ID) and since I know that the yellow book is not accepted by DLT as proof of Address, they probably cant link the pink Thai ID to any driver licence in their system. I doubt that it will work for us foreigners

9 hours ago, willi2006 said:
16 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

... and since I know that the yellow book is not accepted by DLT as proof of Address ...

Yellow book is greatly appreciated at Khon Kaen DLT.

and Nakhon Sawan DLT

On the subject of renewing your Driving licence using the Yellow house book:

I suspect those who can’t renew their Thai DL using their yellow house book have their name on their DL in Roman (English) Alphabet & their DL was initially obtained using a letter of residence & their passport. 

I suspect those who can renew their DL have the Thai ‘translation’ of their name on their Thai DL & their Thai DL was initially obtained using their yellow house book. 

I stand to be corrected on this, comment from those who can and those who have failed to get their Thai Dl renewed using their Yellow house book often fail to mention this critical piece of information [of what language their name is in on the DL they are trying to renew]

On the app: I’ll find myself using it next week once I’ve secured my yellows house book (hence the interest in this thread). 

11 hours ago, Quadro80 said:

I have the app successfully stored on my phone, both my driving and motorbike license are saved on it. I must have registered with my passport number, I did it over a year ago

Is that the same one as is used for booking appointments. I have the one that shows the licences and is all in Thai, I think a scan of my licence QR code is what did the trick. 

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect those who can’t renew their Thai DL using their yellow house book have their name on their DL in Roman (English) Alphabet & their DL was initially obtained using a letter of residence & their passport. 

I got my driving licences with with my name in Roman letters using a letter of residence & passport 13 years ago. Later I got the yellow house book with my name in Thai letters. No problem to renew the driving licenses with name in Roman letters and yellow book with name in Thai letters last year in Khon Kaen.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 10:27 PM, richard_smith237 said:

On the subject of renewing your Driving licence using the Yellow house book:

I suspect those who can renew their DL have the Thai ‘translation’ of their name on their Thai DL & their Thai DL was initially obtained using their yellow house book. 

I stand to be corrected on this, comment from those who can and those who have failed to get their Thai Dl renewed using their Yellow house book often fail to mention this critical piece of information [of what language their name is in on the DL they are trying to renew]

On the app: I’ll find myself using it next week once I’ve secured my yellows house book (hence the interest in this thread). 

You are wrong in your assumption. Just about every DLT in the country other than Pattaya and one or two others accept a yellow tabien bahn as proof of residency, even if your name on your drivers license is in Roman letters. I got my original drivers license in Bangkok using a yellow tabien bahn, and the license was still issued with my name in Roman letters. My yellow tabien bahn has since been accepted for renewal of my drivers license in both Bangkok and Lamphun. It has also been accepted as proof of residency when buying car/motorcycle in Petchaburi and Chiang Mai.

• Like 1