Action needed now to save "filthy, dangerous, rip-off, vice ridden" Pattaya, says watchdog

webfact

3 hours ago, Bassosa said:

True. There is a (shrinking) market for sleazy, filthy seaside resorts but Pattaya has unwillingly priced itself out of that market due to the strong baht. The envisioned transition to a respectable family resort town has so far been unconvincing. You would need a clean(ish) beach for that to eventuate, and then deal with the raft of other issues.

Please expand on "shrinking".

Where did you get this information?

It can't be right. The whole world revolves around the oldest profession

Didn't you know that? Of course it's not shrinking - it's growing.

Except in Pattaya........... Haha

• Like 2

A Gofund would help, may not fix all problems.  Everyone needs to do there job and be responsible.  Take a back pack to teh grocery store, decline plastic straws, use garbage cans, be nice to people...everyone is responsible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

No idea who is this "Pattaya Watchdog" but looks like someone who clearly doesn't like Pattaya and tries to make its image far worse than reality !

Most the points he states are just BS ! :sad:

There must be 2 Pattayas then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bassosa said:

I sense something is changing in Thailand....an awareness that "we" can't carry on like this any longer. 

But then again, Thais are extremely resilient to change and inconvenient truths. 

Let's wait and see.

I do not think most Thais would care if Pattaya was wiped off the map. They may even rejoice.  

• Like 2

good luck with trying to tidy up Pattaya

apart from transport rip offs how about 

lady boys attacking stealing muggings and so on 

the beaches 

the streets 

the so called clubs 

Safety 

and list could go on 

but I agree that Pattaya's Days are numbered 

people are finding new places to go where they can feel safe too 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Reasons why in these transparent, social media times savvy tourists are choosing to go elsewhere for beach holidays like Cambodia and Vietnam, and even Bali. 

I imagine a tourist that has never been to Pattaya OR to Thailand previously even considers any of the reason listed above - they have not after all seen it or experienced it for themselves. They are going elsewhere and not coming for to Thailand/Pattaya for A. The Baht, B. the Baht. and C. THE BAHT !

• Thanks 1