Action needed now to save "filthy, dangerous, rip-off, vice ridden" Pattaya, says watchdog

webfact

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

The look on many a girl's face as they accompany some fat, leering socially inept farang back to their grubby lair often says it all. Most are only doing it for the money and if they find a nice one a ticket out of dodge. 

'Most are only doing it for the money'.

They're all doing it for the money. They are prostitutes and it's how prostitutes get a living.

You're hardly gonna get handsome coves like Brad Pitt or George Clooney having to pay for sex now are you!

I even get told I'm handsome in spite of me seeing an ugly old goat when I look in the mirror but I've always had to pay. It's why nearly of us including probably yourself came to Pattaya in the first place. What other reason could there possibly be.

No one with half a brain travels thousands of miles to visit a resort if he does not know what to expect. I knew what to expect when I first came and that was back in 1984!

Something should be done about all the street dogs that are breeding so prolifically around the residential areas and beaches. It is a rabies outbreak waiting to happen. When it does, and a tourist is bitten, that will be the end of Pattaya. 

Not being able to get a decent sleep because of the barking and howling is one thing, but rabies is a killer and this issue needs action of some sort. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

What is "Pattaya Watchdog" ? Never heard of it before.

"Pattaya Watchdog" is a small Facebook group made up of Thais, presumably living in Pattaya. Of no significance to anyone but themselves. Why a single post in this small Facebook group has made it's way into Thai Visa is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Petew said:

Something should be done about all the street dogs that are breeding so prolifically around the residential areas and beaches. It is a rabies outbreak waiting to happen. When it does, and a tourist is bitten, that will be the end of Pattaya. 

Not being able to get a decent sleep because of the barking and howling is one thing, but rabies is a killer and this issue needs action of some sort. 

I dunno about dogs but where I stay in Soi Bhukaow it's the lack of pavements and loonies tearing about on motor bikes that scare me.

They even weave in and out of the pedestrians in Soi LK Metro. There used to be speed bumps in LKM but the M/C taxi boys tore them up.

I've seen two falangs knocked down by Thai blokes on M/Cs in Sois Bhukaow and Diana and that's when it hits home.

It's none of my business but I can't believe the people in the Town Hall don't regard this as a priority.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kemp87 said:

Pattaya’s always been rough round the edges, for some people the chaos is part of the lure! It’s performed well in the past when it was rougher!

Agreed.

But it's also possible they've pushed out all the single men both expat and especially tourists. Replacing them with families hasn't worked. Russians, East Europeans might spend a little, Indians are tapped out. Chinese doing the zero dollar thing. Condos being let out killing hotel business.

Bring back the sex tourists they'll put up with all the B-S

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I dunno about dogs but where I stay in Soi Bhukaow it's the lack of pavements and loonies tearing about on motor bikes that scare me.

They even weave in and out of the pedestrians in Soi LK Metro. There used to be speed bumps in LKM but the M/C taxi boys tore them up.

I've seen two falangs knocked down by Thai blokes on M/Cs in Sois Bhukaow and Diana and that's when it hits home.

It's none of my business but I can't believe the people in the Town Hall don't regard this as a priority.

Soi B is one of the cheap and lower level spots.

Maybe stay in a nicer area..

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

'Most are only doing it for the money'.

They're all doing it for the money. They are prostitutes and it's how prostitutes get a living.

You're hardly gonna get handsome coves like Brad Pitt or George Clooney having to pay for sex now are you!

I even get told I'm handsome in spite of me seeing an ugly old goat when I look in the mirror but I've always had to pay. It's why nearly of us including probably yourself came to Pattaya in the first place. What other reason could there possibly be.

No one with half a brain travels thousands of miles to visit a resort if he does not know what to expect. I knew what to expect when I first came and that was back in 1984!

Well, speak for yourself. I first came to Pattaya on my 2nd one month tour of SE Asia. The only reason I came was to hang with a couple of mates who have Condos here and were here at the time. I came for 4 days, during that time I discovered why they were so in love with Thailand and Pattaya in particular. It was the GT stripes.

Have you ever noticed how all Thai women have a black GT stripe running down the crack of their backsides? Sooo sexy! I quickly became addicted to them and felt the need to do a survey to ascertain whether it was all Thai women that have a GT stripe or just some of them. The survey continues and I have yet to find a Thai woman with no GT stripe although I did find a girl in Pattaya who was half Chinese/half Cambodian without a GT stripe. My closest friend is also facinated by GT stripes and is back again on Saturday (last here in December) to help me with my survey.

As for "getting it for free", yes I've had that more than once but have been told that I have more than a passing resemblance to Brad Pitt. My mate has had it for free at least once on every visit he's made here and is on a promise of a freebie when he arrives on Saturday. However, he is a ringer for George Clooney.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sucit said:

Make the women burn the repulsive clothing they wear and outfit them all in Thai University Uniforms. Pattaya will be packed overnight. 

The 40 yo fat grand-mothers that you see in most beer bars would look absolutely ridiculous in a university uniform !... IMHO

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

A middle aged chum of mine took his wife on holiday to Pattaya.

As soon as she took stock of the place she said, "Oh, this is where you <deleted> well go for those <deleted> 'golfing holidays' is it".

He's now divorced and lives in a second hand caravan in Kent in England and when the site closes down for the winter he has stay with his daughter, but she's getting browned off with him. His wife got the house that he'd spent his working life paying for.

And to rub salt into the wound his ex wife has moved her fancy man into what used to be his house.

The moral of this little tale is don't take your wife to Pattaya if you've been there before and she hasn't.

Or go on a good snipers course.

For forward planning you can't beat getting your nuts cut. Too many people in the world anyway.

Edited by overherebc

Multiple off topic posts and vids removed, please do not try to hijack this or any other topics with your videos and posts about property prices in UK   it is trolling and will get you a holiday.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, johng said:

Two things,   first  there is no prostitution in Pattaya according to officialdom :crazy:

and secondly the red light districts , girly/go-go bars, massage parlours and promenade

(where you find prostitutes both male and female ) are  one of Pattaya biggest attractions !!!

True. There's sexual healing in the hub of medicine and wellness, and there's workers working there. Only WASPs will call it "sin" 

8 minutes ago, Mommyboarder said:

I totally agree, but this issue is all over Thailand-uneven pavements, filthy street, cigarette butts all over streets, unfriendly Thais, and rip offs - it’s pretty annoying.  It needs to change somewhere. 

It is changing.

All the sniffy OCD westerners are returning to their carefully regulated lives at home and then posting here trying to justify their decision to do so. ????

Cigarette butts? Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2020 at 11:16 AM, Bassosa said:

I sense something is changing in Thailand....an awareness that "we" can't carry on like this any longer. 

But then again, Thais are extremely resilient to change and inconvenient truths. 

Let's wait and see.

Guess the global economic and environmental crisis will only be temporary. No need for hysteria. Pattaya still has one big advantage over the West: accommodation is affordable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Soi B is one of the cheap and lower level spots.

Maybe stay in a nicer area..

I'm cheap and lower level.

And I'll send you a PM when I want your advice as to where I should stay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

Guess the global economic and environmental crisis will only be temporary. No need for hysteria. Pattaya still has one big advantage over the West: accommodation is affordable. 

#1 yes.

Add the girls.

My current place would be easily $2000+ US dollars at home.  $350 here.  Not to mention here completely furnished, all utilities, internet much much less.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, worgeordie said:

I have never been there, but I thought it was a World class family resort,

well according to TAT.

regards Worgeordie

I did go there once with my Thai wife, her two sisters and a daughter.

What a sleazy hole of a place, overpriced, overrated and puzzlingly overcrowded. We took one look at the muck muck beach and realised that we didn't have all our vaccinations up-to-date.

The hotel pool was good, oh and the ironically, the Sanctuary of Truth wooden Hindu temple.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well, speak for yourself. I first came to Pattaya on my 2nd one month tour of SE Asia. The only reason I came was to hang with a couple of mates who have Condos here and were here at the time. I came for 4 days, during that time I discovered why they were so in love with Thailand and Pattaya in particular. It was the GT stripes.

Have you ever noticed how all Thai women have a black GT stripe running down the crack of their backsides? Sooo sexy! I quickly became addicted to them and felt the need to do a survey to ascertain whether it was all Thai women that have a GT stripe or just some of them. The survey continues and I have yet to find a Thai woman with no GT stripe although I did find a girl in Pattaya who was half Chinese/half Cambodian without a GT stripe. My closest friend is also facinated by GT stripes and is back again on Saturday (last here in December) to help me with my survey.

As for "getting it for free", yes I've had that more than once but have been told that I have more than a passing resemblance to Brad Pitt. My mate has had it for free at least once on every visit he's made here and is on a promise of a freebie when he arrives on Saturday. However, he is a ringer for George Clooney.

Heard it all before. I knew a bloke who liked to brag about getting it free and he also reckoned it was because he looked like George Clooney or Brad Pitt.

When I asked his crowd what his secret was they said he simply took 'em to a short time room, did the business, knocked them for their money and scarpered on his M/C. Because of this they would not go out with him of a night because he was such an embarrassment.

Now don't start telling us next that the girls pay you and your mate if you both look like handsome film stars cos that will be pushing the envelope just a bit too far.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Heard it all before. I knew a bloke who liked to brag about getting it free and he also reckoned it was because he looked like George Clooney or Brad Pitt.

When I asked his crowd what his secret was they said he simply took 'em to a short time room, did the business, knocked them for their money and scarpered on his M/C. Because of this they would not go out with him of a night because he was such an embarrassment.

Now don't start telling us next that the girls pay you and your mate if you both look like handsome film stars cos that will be pushing the envelope just a bit too far.

No short time hotels involved and neither of us are low enough to knock a girl for her money. Nice mates you have.

Wouldn't dream of asking the girls for money, just not the style of us looky likey film stars.

You seem to doubt me, I can assure you that everything I said is true (well maybe my mate isn't a ringer for Clooney but never has a problem pulling in the UK)

21 hours ago, johng said:
22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...first  there is no prostitution in Pattaya according to officialdom".

You know, no official has ever said that...unless you can show the quote, of course.

They have numerous times walked up and down walking street and found no evidence...look it up.

You're the one who needs to look it up, no one from any government agency has ever specifically stated that "there is no prostitution in Pattaya".

Saying that they "did not see evidence of prostitution" when they walked Walking Street is not saying that "there is no prostitution in Pattaya"!

45 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No short time hotels involved and neither of us are low enough to knock a girl for her money. Nice mates you have.

Wouldn't dream of asking the girls for money, just not the style of us looky likey film stars.

You seem to doubt me, I can assure you that everything I said is true (well maybe my mate isn't a ringer for Clooney but never has a problem pulling in the UK)

"Nice mates you have."

Where did I say he was a 'mate'.  I simply said "I knew a bloke who liked to brag about getting it free".

It was you who jumped to the conclusion that he was a 'mate'.

• Haha 1