bank book for 90 day report

A friend of mine just redid his 90 day report. They gave him a note saying that as of Feb. 1 you need to prove that you have 800k in your account at all time and have to show your bankbook when you report for 90 day. Can anybody confirm this? He received a written notice when he reported this month.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Kickstand said:

A friend of mine just redid his 90 day report. They gave him a note saying that as of Feb. 1 you need to prove that you have 800k in your account at all time and have to show your bankbook when you report for 90 day

your friend better seriously look into moving to a different immigration district; long term , all of us need serious plan B,C

32 minutes ago, Kickstand said:

Can anybody confirm this? He received a written notice when he reported this month.

Offices have a certain amount of autonomy and it's possible that they could ask to see the bank book at every 90 day report. But before this report it is only a couple of offices asking to see the bank book at the first 90 day report after the extension is granted.

I would say it's unlikely and wrong that an office would want to see the full 800K in the account all year when the national rules state the minimum balance is 400K.

• Like 1

It's always "a friend of mine".

OP, which imm office. You must know that.

The rogue office of Jomtien apparently is requiring a comeback 90 day bankbook check. 

Then couple mentions of an office requiring 90 day checks till next extension. Even by ubonjoe. No name of office mentioned. 

90 day report has zip to do with bankbook check. 

Finally can some members state imm offices they are required to return with bankbook to show funds. 

First on the list is Jomtien. 

Next on list? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kickstand said:

A friend of mine just redid his 90 day report. They gave him a note saying that as of Feb. 1 you need to prove that you have 800k in your account at all time and have to show your bankbook when you report for 90 day. Can anybody confirm this? He received a written notice when he reported this month.

Your friend may have misunderstood the immigration official. With a retirement extension based on money in the bank, there is no requirement to keep 800k in the bank for the entire duration of the extension.

1. What immigration office is this?

2. Can you post a scan or a photo of the written notice he was given?

• Like 1

That justs looks like the 1st submission after your yearly extension that is required by some offices.

Once you have done that check , that will be it until your next extension.

But as I stated in an earlier post , don't go below 400,000 baht and return to 800,000 baht before next extension.

I also use Pathumthani and had exactly the same paper clipped into my passport. Its not linked to 90 day reporting but dated the same day for convenience. Not a big deal for me. 

1 hour ago, Kickstand said:

Dr Jacck 54- Why the snarky tone in your reply? I asked a legitimate question and you gave back snark. I don't need that <deleted>.

It was at Phatum Thani office.

Rob imm.jpg

This clearly states he has to return on April 14th. 90 days after his extension for a bank book check. It says nothing about bank account balance for the rest of the year. Nor does it say he has to do a bank book check again. 

What is commonly known as a 90 day report is completely different. This coincidence that you have to keep the 800k in your bank account for 90 days and people’s seemingly misunderstanding of 90 day reports is causing endless anxiety and confusion. 

22 hours ago, NE1 said:

I think this will differ from office to office.

The ruling I believe is , after the yearly ext. you have to report back after 90 days ( this is not a 90 day report ) with your bank book and proof your funds have not gone below 800,000 baht. Then after that you cannot go below 400, 000 baht . But bear in mind 2 or 3 months before your next extension , you have to be back up to 800,000 baht.

and you wonder why more and more people are using agents.

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Even with using an agent, you would have to go to the bank yourself to update your balance. It’s then just a simple trip to immigration. Be a man, send your wife if you’re too lazy to go yourself. 
In CM, no need to show bank balance after getting extension. 

I am not sending my wife 60 Ks to my local IO, she works full time.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:24 PM, YetAnother said:

your friend better seriously look into moving to a different immigration district; long term , all of us need serious plan B,C.

It must be a misunderstanding,because there are no requirement saying you need 800k all the time, just 2+3 months. 

2 hours ago, novo58 said:

Anyone have any ideas of what will happen if you are NOT in the country 90 days after your extension to stay re-newal ???? Can the wife just take the bankbook in for them to see ???

At Jomtien they are simply told to come in as soon as back in Thailand.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:52 AM, Martyp said:

This clearly states he has to return on April 14th. 90 days after his extension for a bank book check. It says nothing about bank account balance for the rest of the year. Nor does it say he has to do a bank book check again. 

What is commonly known as a 90 day report is completely different. This coincidence that you have to keep the 800k in your bank account for 90 days and people’s seemingly misunderstanding of 90 day reports is causing endless anxiety and confusion. 

Confusing for sure!

Assuming you leave and reenter the country frequently and dont need to do 90 day reports? So not here to report bank book balance?

31 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Confusing for sure!

Assuming you leave and reenter the country frequently and dont need to do 90 day reports? So not here to report bank book balance?

There have been numerous posts saying that if you miss your date you can just go in as soon as you return.

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:52 AM, Martyp said:

yes the 90 day funds report starts from the application / renewal date of the extension . they must use the form to relay to immigration records ,,, as no name on form ,so must use my passport details .. 

img003.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, docspinoff said:

yes the 90 day funds report starts from the application / renewal date of the extension . they must use the form to relay to immigration records ,,, as no name on form ,so must use my passport details .. 

img003.jpg

This is 88 days (same as my range) but what can you do?