Toilet Breaks

smartecosse

I actually had to get a fence built that many locals were "releiveing" themselves against the side of my house as we are next door to a bank. Apparently that means that any wall nearby is classed as a toilet :o

plus of course an ashtray as well for all the cigarette butts............

anyway thought this picture summed up their attitude quite well

post-29465-1175595709_thumb.jpg

When we first moved to Thailand our taxi driver suddenly stopped the car by the side of a field, jumped out (leaving the engine running) dashed over to a clump of foliage, turned his back to me and drained his clog. Me and my daughters were hysterical with laughter. Not nice of us but.....................the worst of it was not actually knowing where we were, how far from home and not speaking the language

A couple of weeks ago I was walking along by Tha Chang, (the pier close to the Grand Palace) with many tourists around, when I noticed a lady next to me squat by a tree in the middle of the very crowded street and do a dump. :o

Many shocked tourists looked on, a few took pictures.

Could there be a chance they're pissing on your house because you're a Farang?

More the likely option.

nope, we're next to a bank thats very busy. now there a fence at my side they just go and piss agianst the wall of the shop on the other side of the bank.

did wander round one day with a big machete that i was cutting back at all the crash with and caught a guy about to let loose. not sure whether it was the machete or the oi, you ******" that made him zip it up super speed and roar off on the moped :o

Other anti piss options would be...

Hedge of high nettles.

Thorny rose bushes with leaping spiders.

Live high voltage open cable at the base of the wall.

Water sprinklers with partial mix of water and battery acid.

Tall pampas grass coated with flesh eating bacteria at wanger height.

Quicksand and or trap doors with punji stakes.

Minefield.

Photo board on the wall of advanced ulcerated syphilitic wangers.

Active webcams with running commentary on loudspeakers.

:o

It's not just Thai, it's an Asian (and probably other races) thing.

In Japan 8 am on the way to the shipyard passed a guy standing on the pavement (sidewalk) p1ssing not up a wall but out onto some wasteground oblivious to passing traffic and pedestrians.

If you gotta go you gotta go. :o

After all how many public toilets are there in the neighborhood?

lets face it guys, if you hadn't been ingrained with the western sense of propriety regarding peeing in public, you'd do it too.

Remember the scene in the movie 40 year old virgin? Be honest, how many of you can relate to it? :o

The hippie (Carl something) who wrote the guide to travelling around Mexico in a VW microbus, told how he went out the back door of a Mexcan cantina (pub) with a Mexican guy, to urinate. As they stood in the dark alley peeing on a pile of rubbish, Carl told the local man how this would be illegal back in the USA. That was the funniest joke Carl told all night!

We once walked down a big mountain to say farewell to the bishop who'd been in office 40 years, in Chiapas, Mexico. Every time the parade stopped, some of the local natives would take a toilet break - men to the left side, women (who wore big skirts without underwear) to the right, into the bushes. Quite normal.

Maybe you should put a chair and a table near your wall, sit there and ask 10 bahts for each piss-er.

Take one freelancer staff sitting there, collecting 10 baht and is allowed to keep 2 baht, 8 baht she/he must give you.

THATS the reason why mum used to say, just as we were heading out the door, 'have you been to the toilet?'.

simple really.

h90, i think that the freelancer would have a friend nearby selling drinks, too! :o

Its not just an asian thing. I clock heaps of kilo's driving around the country on business. If I need a leak I just pull over, walk to the nearest tree, let it rip, regardless of the on lookers. Couldn't care less.....

As Phil pointed out, if you gotta go....

Cheers,

Soundman.

Not a racial observation but, something i,ve often wondered...........................

What is the attitude of the police / locals towards a foreigner who is took short and has to do it ??????

Does same same apply ?

Would they risk a possible charge of indecent exposure ?

Also on a lighthearted note if it was 10 baht for the Thai, do you reckon they would have double pricing and charge a foreinger 20 baht ( Min. ) :D

I,m not taking the P*** honesttttttttt

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

Maybe you should put a chair and a table near your wall, sit there and ask 10 bahts for each piss-er.

Take one freelancer staff sitting there, collecting 10 baht and is allowed to keep 2 baht, 8 baht she/he must give you.

I like this idea but with one other thing. Charge Thais 10 baht and foreigners 5 baht with a big sign saying so. Would be cute. Oh yeah, and if they can speak fluent English or show a work permit for a Western country then they get the foreigner price.

Not just a Thai thing, not just an Aisan thing...as a teenager I lived in W. Germany from 68-71. At that time there was quite a bit of difference between the US and Germany, and one of the things we all noticed was that it was quite acceptable for men to discretely take a whiz by pissing in the foliage that lined many streets. I don't think it is a big deal, unless a place gets too popular, like the OP's.