Renew Driving Licence

I'm going to the motor office in Lipa Noi next week to renew my driving licence.

I have had my Thai driving licence for one year now and have Non-B Visa.

Do I need a new document from immigrations or any other documents.

Drive safe and use a helmet :o

I'm going to the motor office in Lipa Noi next week to renew my driving licence.

Drive safe and use a helmet :D

you need 2 passport size photo's medical paper and letter from immigration should get 3-5 year licence if there in a good mood :o

you need 2 passport size photo's medical paper and letter from immigration should get 3-5 year licence if there in a good mood :o

Just did it and did not need to bring a medical just:

Old drivers license

Passport with NonIm visa

Letter from Immigration regarding address

Photos

This was in Pattaya and took about 30min.

2 driving licence photos.... SMALLER then passport

copy of front page of passport & visa page + original for verification

Letter from immigration confirming Samui address

Your old licence

Took me 10 minutes 5 year licence Bht 505.00

Make sure your old licence has expired otherwise they won't renew it.

Your old licence

I had to do a driving test, theoretical questionnaire, reaction test for my 5 year license, took me half day in Samui :D

Your old licence

Where and How do I get this letter from immigration confirming my Samui address?

Your old licence

I had to do a driving test, theoretical questionnaire, reaction test for my 5 year license, took me half day in Samui :D

Poor guy, friends of mine went for their one year licence,took all of the above & medical certificate,all they had to show was their swiss licence not even international & issued on the spot.

Your old licence

Thanks Roo

I was going the day before my licence expired.

You saved me one extra trip to Lipa Noi.

you need 2 passport size photo's medical paper and letter from immigration should get 3-5 year licence if there in a good mood :D

Your old licence

Poor guy, friends of mine went for their one year licence,took all of the above & medical certificate,all they had to show was their swiss licence not even international & issued on the spot.

Yeap, for one year license its easier....I think I was late when renewing.... :o

Your old licence

Where and How do I get this letter from immigration confirming my Samui address?

Immigration office,you might also need letter from landlord depending on visa type.

Your old licence

Your old licence

Thanks Roo

I was going the day before my licence expired.

You saved me one extra trip to Lipa Noi.

i did mine recently all of the above but also a doctors letter which i got in 5 mins from Thai International for 100b. maybe you may not need one depends on the day but i took one furtunatly. true about licence running out mine ran out on a Saturday so i went on the Friday and they would not renew it. had to go back on the Monday. the size of photo is 1 inch. i also had to give 2 passport photo's to immigration.

I hate to sound like a retard (even though maybe I am) but can someone spell out exactly what is needed to obtain a Thai drivers license in Nathon. This thread has many posts that say you may need this or that, etc. I currently have a valid American license and I want to go to Nathon tomorrow and obtain a Thai drivers license. It is a long drive and hope to only have to make it once so can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do and what to bring.

My deepest Thanks!

Mafaso

I hate to sound like a retard (even though maybe I am) but can someone spell out exactly what is needed to obtain a Thai drivers license in Nathon. This thread has many posts that say you may need this or that, etc. I currently have a valid American license and I want to go to Nathon tomorrow and obtain a Thai drivers license. It is a long drive and hope to only have to make it once so can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do and what to bring.

My deepest Thanks!

Mafaso

If it is the first time, you need the following.

2 one inch photos.

Copies of passport and Visa (must be Non-O or Non-B )

Medical certificate.

Letter from Immigration with your permanent adress.

Copy of International driving licence. (if you do not have this then you will need to take the tests)

If you intend to take licence for both MC and car then you will need all of the above in two copies.

You will need to be att motor office 9 AM for color blind test, reaction test and split vision test.

You need to bring your motorbike/car, they do not have any to lend out.

If I forgot anything please fill in.

Edited by PoorSucker

My deepest Thanks!

Mafaso

If it is the first time, you need the following.

2 one inch photos.

Copies of passport and Visa (must be Non-O or Non-B )

Medical certificate.

Letter from Immigration with your permanent adress.

Copy of International driving licence. (if you do not have this then you will need to take the tests)

If you intend to take licence for both MC and car then you will need all of the above in two copies.

You will need to be att motor office 9 AM for color blind test, reaction test and split vision test.

You need to bring your motorbike/car, they do not have any to lend out.

If I forgot anything please fill in.

That should do it, do not forget 2 passport photo's for the boys at immigration. they also charge 500 baht for the letter. Test is quite easy they give you Highway Code in English to read for 15 mins then the test. if i remember right the pass rate was 22 correct answers out of 30, multiple choice. this was how i got my licence so should work for others. you will also get to meet the most miserable Thai bitch in your life who sits behind the desk in the office (not the counter). dress reasonably smart i wore a singlet once and got repremanded by her. common sence really goverment office respect etc.

Edited by hecky

Don't forget many holidays coming up. I went Friday and everything was closed. I'm going to wait till after Songran.

Can I go to the immigration office at BKK Hospital to get this letter of address? What do I need to show them to prove my address and that that is where I am living?

copy of the blue book from house owner and signature. every house owner has a blue book for each house get it photocopied and signed by the owner. not sure about bkk hospital i think it is for visa extensions only but with 500 baht up for grabs they may do it.

Are you talking about an expired Thai license or an expired American license because my American license does not expire for over a year!

also, is it better to carry that around as you drive than nothing at all?

Are you talking about an expired Thai license or an expired American license because my American license does not expire for over a year!

also, is it better to carry that around as you drive than nothing at all?

I mean,your Thai licence.They will not renew it if it hasn't expired.You must also remember if it's a five year licence it expires on your birthday.A bit confusing that one. Take for example you renew your licence in June 2007 & your birthday is March 2007 then your five year licence is renewable in March 2013 & not june 2012.That means in some cases you get over 5 years,all depending on your birthday & when you got your 5 year licence in the first instance. A bit hard to forget the expiry date then.