TM30 required for Non-Imm O Extension at CW?

Yes I know you're sick and tired of TM30 posts, I am too.

I personally have a TM30 all up to date through the app. My business partner however does not and has never had a TM30 filed. He will be going for an extension to a Non Imm O (marriage) at CW, will a TM30 be required?

I have seen some somewhat outdated threads mentioning it isn't any more, but thought it's best to check.

OP, just bumping your thread so one of the experts can assist.

I did my extension at CW last October but that was based on retirement. No tm30 was asked for.

Also have not read any reports of fines etc and necessary tm30 at CW in recent months. 

Apply as early as possible so he has time to get a TM30 if needed. He should research what he has to do if asked to get one.

In October I submitted a TM30 and it accepted at CW. It is possible/probable that has changed. All he can do is prepare for all options. Don’t go expecting one thing and then get mad if it doesn’t go his way.

15 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Apply as early as possible so he has time to get a TM30 if needed. He should research what he has to do if asked to get one.

In October I submitted a TM30 and it accepted at CW. It is possible/probable that has changed. All he can do is prepare for all options. Don’t go expecting one thing and then get mad if it doesn’t go his way.

Just to clarify .....when did you last apply for extension at CW? 

I mean attended for extension and provided tm30. 

When all the noise was about re tm30 and in cases fines being issued, the reports were that you were not even getting to the L area (extensions). People were being checked for tm30 first. 

That certainly not the case now. 

The 2 blokes I spoke with in L area waiting for return of passport had never done tm30. I noticed they had used different io,s to me, so thinking wasn't just luck.

Perhaps some folk can advise on recent experience at CW for extensions re tm30

I changed address and TM30 was done, I did not do a TM28, 90 day report next week so see what happens, I remember reading that the TM30 was enough at Jomtien and they just tossed the TM28 as they both mean pretty much the same thing in terms of address

will report back what happens 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to clarify .....when did you last apply for extension at CW? 

I mean attended for extension and provided tm30. 

When all the noise was about re tm30 and in cases fines being issued, the reports were that you were not even getting to the L area (extensions). People were being checked for tm30 first. 

That certainly not the case now. 

The 2 blokes I spoke with in L area waiting for return of passport had never done tm30. I noticed they had used different io,s to me, so thinking wasn't just luck.

Perhaps some folk can advise on recent experience at CW for extensions re tm30

I got my 2nd extension (off an original O-A) at CW on October 7th. I submitted the TM30 receipt along with all my other documents. The IO saw it and kept it with the documents. No words were spoken about it one way or the other. We’ll never know if I could have omitted it.

I’ve conceded that the rule may have changed since then. And then there is the variable of the particular IO. My real point is then when presented with conflicting or confusing advice (the norm on TVF) then bring everything you can as long as it is easy to do and costs little. Plan for contingencies. 

For this particular person, given that the TM30 requirement is uncertain enough to ask the question here, they should go early enough to have the time to fix any problems as they arise. I realize some people have great difficulty getting a TM30. I’m not suggesting this guy get one. Just read what you can here, think about it, make a plan, be prepared.

20 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I got my 2nd extension (off an original O-A) at CW on October 7th. I submitted the TM30 receipt along with all my other documents. The IO saw it and kept it with the documents. No words were spoken about it one way or the other. We’ll never know if I could have omitted it.

I’ve conceded that the rule may have changed since then. And then there is the variable of the particular IO. My real point is then when presented with conflicting or confusing advice (the norm on TVF) then bring everything you can as long as it is easy to do and costs little. Plan for contingencies. 

For this particular person, given that the TM30 requirement is uncertain enough to ask the question here, they should go early enough to have the time to fix any problems as they arise. I realize some people have great difficulty getting a TM30. I’m not suggesting this guy get one. Just read what you can here, think about it, make a plan, be prepared.

That's good advice. As you also mention for some folk tm30 is not a walk in park given so many various situations. 

My opinion re the tm30 is that fever at CW has come and gone is based on small things.

As I sat down in front of io the very first thing she asked was for bankbook and photocopies. Along with bank letter, etc.

Point is after providing map, lease etc.

I could tell she was done. If the tm30 was a deal breaker she would of asked that first up, as they did when all this tm30 stuff started. When was last post regarding fine or problem CW applying extension without tm30.

I actually had done my first every tm30 in 7 years and for some reason I pushed it to her. She did not even look at it. Just pushed it back.

Only one person's experience but the more posts we have on current need for tm30 from various members that can update current requirements. As I mentioned earlier, the couple of guys I chatted with had never done tm30 and had no issues. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, smedly said:

I changed address and TM30 was done, I did not do a TM28, 90 day report next week so see what happens, I remember reading that the TM30 was enough at Jomtien and they just tossed the TM28 as they both mean pretty much the same thing in terms of address

will report back what happens 

Nothing will happen if you did your TM30 report earlier.