RESIDENT PERMIT HOLDER..Problems leaving and entering Thailand overland

Over recent years I have made many cross border trips to Cambodia using the Chong Chom crossing. Every time on leaving I encounter problems and again upon returning.

Being resident I need a new TM6 when leaving.(as did Thais formerly) This confuses Thai immigration when leaving as they want the departure card I originally arrived on.  Eventualy after several phone calls I get stamped out, and the arrival part of the TM6 is stamped and stapled  into my passport.  Returning it is the same problem. I am asked to fill in a new TM6 and eventually Immigration accept  things are different and stamp me in.

Last week things were different.  I left Thailand with a new TM6. After some 10 minutes I was stamped out, but the complete TM6 was stapled into my passport. The arrival section ws not stamped. I queried it suggesting to the Officer that he needed the departure section, but was waved away.  Upon return a few days later..big problems. Many phone calls and after 20 minutes, with a huge queue forming behind me, I was taken across the road to the departure area, where I was quizzed,. Eventually after another 20 minutes my pasport and PR book were reluctantly stamped, but I was given the departure section of the TM6, and told I must exit with that next time.

Has anything officialy changed, does anyone know?  I anticipate further problems when I go to Cambodia next time

It seems they resolved the problem that the crossing is causing. You will have a departure card to give them when you leave.

When entering the country complete a TM6 form and get a new departure card for the next trip.

• Confused 1