Daylight robbery: Bangkok bank heist nets unknown amount

snoop1130

Daylight robbery: Bangkok bank heist nets unknown amount

800_6b303f804ca5cc8.jpg

A Bangkok Bank branch in the capital’s Thung Khru district was robbed on Wednesday afternoon (January 22), the lone perpetrator wielding a pistol snatched from a security guard.

Thung Khru police got the call at about 2pm and were soon at the bank inside a Tesco Lotus on Soi Pracha Uthit 58.

The security guard said the robber used his .38 pistol while ordering tellers to hand over an as-yet-unverified amount of cash, and then fled on a black Yamaha Fino motorcycle with no licence plate.

Witnesses described the suspect as 155-160 centimetres tall, slim and wearing a dark jacket, jeans and sneakers, black gloves, a purple motorcycle helmet and a blue backpack.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380919

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-22

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why dont they instruct the mall security to stop anyone wearing helmets from entering the premises. Easy to implement, and could prevent a lot of these instances.

Oh easy....it's not polite

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thung Khru police got the call at about 2pm and were soon at the bank inside a Tesco Lotus on Soi Pracha Uthit 58.

Maybe they should ask the assistance from Pattaya police, they can crack a robbery in 15 minutes !

16 hours ago, exparte said:

We will see a lot more of this in Thailand. Hyperinflation; factory mass terminations; and a sanctimonious self serving government.

nonsense .....  this kind of thing is happening all over the world, not just Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why dont they instruct the mall security to stop anyone wearing helmets from entering the premises. Easy to implement, and could prevent a lot of these instances.

In India , no way you can wear anything on your head , I was told to remove ball cap on entering bank or exchange

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if they are now studying the CCTV for any signs of limping ?

I think he's just left his Mia Noi and called in the bank on his way home....so yes, he was probably still suffering from a stiff leg.

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Witnesses described the suspect as 155-160 centimeters tall, slim and wearing a dark jacket, jeans and sneakers, black gloves, a purple motorcycle helmet and a blue backpack.

Yes I can confirm that 100%????

that purple helmet will probably be his undoing..it always amazes me how people end up committing a crime and leave so many clues to their arrest..

i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often and with greater precision and planning

i was once in a bank here down south and i swear there must have been 100M baht in 1000baht bundles on a table behind the counter (approx half meter cube of money) - the only security was a 9 stone 60 year old guard picking his nose in the carpark. crazy.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:08 PM, CharlieH said:

Why don't the banks install security screens that automatically go up if someone tries to jump the counter and other security measures. There's absolutely no security measures in any of the banks here. If this was the US the banks would be robbed hundreds of times every day with the lack of security measures.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Why don't the banks install security screens that automatically go up if someone tries to jump the counter and other security measures. There's absolutely no security measures in any of the banks here. If this was the US the banks would be robbed hundreds of times every day with the lack of security measures.

So USA is that bad

Not just fake news then.