The Wuhan Virus: How to Stay Safe

Number 6

It is uplifting to se that Thai immigration do the best to spread the Wuhan virus to as many persons as possible.

Have just passed the passport control where you have leave your fingerprint on a finger pad that is not cleaned at all.

I mentioned to the officer that I had just shaked hands with all passengers passing his boot today but he smiled and said 'No problem'

I wonder if he meant that it is no problem with infection if you get it from the Immigrations new biometric system or no problem because you are leaving Thailand and therefore you are not Thailand's problem any more.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, uheuhe said:

I mentioned to the officer that I had just shaked hands with all passengers passing his boot today but he smiled and said 'No problem'

If travelling it's advisable to have some handwash with you, or even wash your hands in every available bathroom you can see, airport, plane etc etc, we can't wash our hands enough.

As for immigration and their biometric systems, well what can we say, hygiene in Thailand has always been a problem, just look at government buildings, schools etc etc, one big bottle of water, one cup for everbody to share.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Are you saying that Foreign Policy is loaded with fake news?

Yes. Thought that was fairly evident by my post.

Case in point all the propaganda pieces on the topic now littering the site.

Edited by Number 6
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, uheuhe said:

It is uplifting to se that Thai immigration do the best to spread the Wuhan virus to as many persons as possible.

Have just passed the passport control where you have leave your fingerprint on a finger pad that is not cleaned at all.

I wonder if he meant that it is no problem with infection if you get it from the Immigrations new biometric system or no problem because you are leaving Thailand and therefore you are not Thailand's problem any more.

Wonder how many germs are on your luggage thats been tossed around by the baggage handlers ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Yes. Thought that was fairly evident by my post.

Case in point all the propaganda pieces on the topic now littering the site.

You should lay off the lao khao my friend, it no good for your paranoia. ????

FP is one of the most balanced periodicals on international affairs available. I have been a subscriber for years and haven't noticed any kind of bias - and I am especially sensitive to that.

i paid a visit to siam paragon and siam center a couple days ago.  both had the thermal imaging/temp checks at the entrances (the scanner was more prominent at paragon than siam center but siam center had them in place).  i also saw janitors spraying and wiping down the escalator rails in both malls.  i used an ATM in siam center and a janitor immediately sprayed and cleaned the keypad and screen.  nothing like this happening at emporium, central embassy or terminal 21. 

8 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

FP is one of the most balanced periodicals on international affairs available. I have been a subscriber for years and haven't noticed any kind of bias - and I am especially sensitive to that.

Evidently, not sensitive enough.

Edited by Number 6

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:
13 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Evidently, not sensitive enough.

Anything or anyone offering advice on staying safe in coronavirusland that does not have wash or clean your hands as often as possible as the primary prophylaxis has got it all wrong, regardless of any alleged political bias or fake newsery.

Our remote work site has a crew change in about 3 weeks from now with around 60 inbound crew who are coming from just about every continent with many transiting through airports in a third one. The use of masks have been downplayed in lieu of packing travel-sized, hand-sanitizing gel dispensers that will will pass airport security.

Stay safe out there and if you must cough, please cover your mouth and turn your head away from me!

Yep, hand washing and not touching your face are key - but in the OP's link the author says he visited sick people and rarely wore a mask, and he also highlights the limited personal protection from a mask - This misses the point that the primary purpose of the mask is to protect other people from your potentially contaminated coughing.

Same problem with the Chinese tourists visiting Thailand.  I see them all arriving from China with masks on, then most don't wear them in Thailand, then they put them back on when heading home.  They are using them for 'personal protection' and don't care if they infect Thai people.

But what can we expect from a nation of only childs.