Sovereignty comes first: Britain lays out tough stance for EU trade talks

webfact

On 2/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, englishoak said:

You made no point at all.  We are a service based economy not trade, thats global and not local dependent. You think the EU is a gold standard and we disagree, It does have a huge PR dept and regulation body though and of course self promotes as is expected. Your probably stupid enough to believe it given the rest of your post. 

You are quite right. EU's PR department is HUGE. It's about 400 million people, while some 50 million people are not supporting EU, but that 50 million people is a small minority. What was the population of UK again? 60 million?

And 17.4 million people voted for Brexit. 

Edited by TheDark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

Maybe they are sick of your nonsense and have blocked you like I have, prompting posters is a reportable offence. They are not obliged to reply to fairy stories and all you are doing is baiting. Wilco over and out.

Ir6EzJH7xVS2OimpIQ8nGBORTyOsMaVNOYI92ZfQYco.jpg?auto=webp&s=1578ed4bbeba2e3560913b89eaf5e23cad2486e3

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Opl said:

Ir6EzJH7xVS2OimpIQ8nGBORTyOsMaVNOYI92ZfQYco.jpg?auto=webp&s=1578ed4bbeba2e3560913b89eaf5e23cad2486e3

The biggest problem the EU has at the moment is that the UK have got the upper hand at last. All this bravado from the EU, we want this and we want that, well somebody once told me "them that ask, don't get and them that don't ask don't want" 

It has been predicted that the UK will boom after Brexit, I don't hear any news of the EU doing the same after Brexit, infact quite the opposite. The EU had better accept a deal that the UK offers them or it could be 'goodnight Vienna,' Germany and France have many foster states to support so it may be wise for Mr Macron to stop saying they want the UK to still be rule takers, it just aint gonna happen. Take the best deal you can from the UK, there will be no second chances.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Police are gathering evidence but if you think texting a 16 year old boy 270 times is not committing an offence then I am dissapointed. If the man is innocent he should not resign. But he has very quickly. Are you trying to defend him?

Why would he do this.

“I take full responsibility for my actions,” Mr Mackay said. “I have behaved foolishly and I am truly sorry. I apologise unreservedly to the individual involved and his family.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scottish-finance-secretary-derek-mackay-quits-after-texting-schoolboy-16-vn562dprl

What offence do you think he has committed because, while incredibly foolish of him, I cannot think of a law that makes it illegal to text people above the age of consent with mildly suggestive messages? Come on - don't throw out this pious 'i am disappointed' nonsense without backing it up. Please specify what offence you think he is guilty of, based upon the information that is in the public domain.

I am trying to defend nobody, but your post was this:

15 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Fired. Sadly Like Alex Salmonds they just dissapear into the mist. both should be locked up as the Nonce's they are.

Then, laughably, you back up your claim with 

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Police are gathering evidence

So which is it? Is the case being quietly sidelined or is he facing scrutiny? It cannot be both.

As I pointed out to you on the other thread where you accused me of trying to defend them, Salmond also has a court date pending. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What offence do you think he has committed because, while incredibly foolish of him, I cannot think of a law that makes it illegal to text people above the age of consent with mildly suggestive messages? Come on - don't throw out this pious 'i am disappointed' nonsense without backing it up. Please specify what offence you think he is guilty of, based upon the information that is in the public domain.

So which is it? Is the case being quietly sidelined or is he facing scrutiny? It cannot be both.

As I pointed out to you on the other thread where you accused me of trying to defend them, Salmond also has a court date pending. 

Isn't stalking an offence?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So you would be happy with a late forties guy/woman texting your 16 year old daughter or son. Just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't immoral. As he was suspended from the SNP after he resigned, we will wait and see what he was actually up to but I doubt it was to to ask his opinion on things.

Yes the truth will come out. so will you still try defend him if he was proven that he was grooming him, like it certainly looks like.

By saying it is not illegal is defending him.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you would be happy with a late forties guy/woman texting your 16 year old daughter or son. Just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't immoral. As he was suspended from the SNP after he resigned, we will wait and see what he was actually up to but I doubt it was to to ask his opinion on things.

Yes the truth will come out. so will you still try defend him if he was proven that he was grooming him, like it certainly looks like.

By saying it is not illegal is defending him.

Saying it is not illegal is not defending him, it is pointing out the facts. You may prefer to avoid facts and chunter with pitchfork in hand but that does not equip you with the moral superiority you seem to presume it does. 

On another thread, without evidence, you stated that I was trying to defend Salmond and here you are stating that I am trying to defend Mackay. Both your assertions are wholly and utterly without basis. But then again, that is as with much of what you write. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, vogie said:

Isn't stalking an offence?

All I know is that Mackay was sending internet messages to 16 yo. The boy was responding and, as per the article I read, did not ask him to desist but seemed to be playing along. Being The Sun, if there was anything more salacious sent than "you are cute", I have no doubt it would have been published. I am not sure what platform they were using, but I presume there was a block button option should the boy have wished to cease the contact. It would appear that he did not initiate that step.

The guy in his mid 20s was, apparently, less responsive but he never made a complaint to the police. Now, however, the police are investigating; I suggest we leave the hard work to them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

All I know is that Mackay was sending internet messages to 16 yo. The boy was responding and, as per the article I read, did not ask him to desist but seemed to be playing along. Being The Sun, if there was anything more salacious sent than "you are cute", I have no doubt it would have been published. I am not sure what platform they were using, but I presume there was a block button option should the boy have wished to cease the contact. It would appear that he did not initiate that step.

The guy in his mid 20s was, apparently, less responsive but he never made a complaint to the police. Now, however, the police are investigating; I suggest we leave the hard work to them. 

From what I have read it states that the boy actually stopped responding to Mr Mackays messages, but Mackay carried on regardless, whether the boy was replying in kind to what Mackay was sending or just being friendly is anyones guess, at the moment. Apparently if the boy had been a year younger Mackay could have been charged with grooming the boy. He didn't limit his predatory actions just to texting, Mackay also offered to take the boy to a rugby match and also to a meal. 

He certainly does come across as a sexual predator and it is up to the police now to decide whether to charge him or not.

But he also made some other unwanted sexual remarks to a SNP canvasser.

Shaun Cameron, 25, told the Daily Record on Friday that Mackay contacted him on Facebook after meeting him at an SNP event when he was 21. He said some of the messages were “quite suggestive” and alleged the then finance secretary had asked him in September 2017: “Got any naughty pics?”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/08/derek-mackay-police-speak-to-boy-sent-messages-by-msp

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 5:36 AM, webfact said:

Some European leaders fear Johnson could try to undercut EU businesses by loosening regulatory standards, something he has promised not to do.

Hope Boris uses all the tools at his disposal, promises are always broken by any govt, give them EU mafia panic not fear to get things sorted in 11 months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hope Boris uses all the tools at his disposal, promises are always broken by any govt, give them EU mafia panic not fear to get things sorted in 11 months. 

The UK has the opportunity to compete with the EU with lower standards in fiscal, social or environmental matters ... at the cost of restricted access to the European market, so just do it, where is the issue?

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

The UK has the opportunity to compete with the EU with lower standards in fiscal, social or environmental matters ... at the cost of restricted access to the European market, so just do it, where is the issue?

No need to shout, I dunno the issue with EU yet maybe the EU will crumble in 11 months.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

No need to shout, I dunno the issue with EU yet maybe the EU will crumble in 11 months.

you don't need the EU to collapse to compensate the loss, just make other deals, that's all I say. But if you really wish the EU to crumble, be ready to face some resistance.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Opl said:

you don't need the EU to collapse to compensate the loss, just make other deals, that's all I say. But if you really wish the EU to crumble, be ready to face some resistance.  

Seems people will just have to wait as usual to see, for now we can just agree  to disagree.  

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

We won't be the last to leave and if they cannot heed the warning at this late hour they deserve whatever follows.

BS. After all the Brexit mess, even the hardcore nationalists around the Europe are no longer promoting departing the EU.

And this is just the beginning. During this year we'll see how UK is no longer part of the European family. After this year we'll see how UK's economy slows down considerably. 

European consumer will ask herself, should I buy from UK webstore or from European one? If the price difference is 10-20%, then it's quite obvious that she will buy her stuff from the European one. 

This example is not about manufacturing, but part of service sector, which is vital for UK's economy.

As said before. You are now the owner of Brexit. You got what you wanted, now it's Your time to follow it through and pay the bills. Brexiteers are the bosses now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Opl said:

I see today on France 24 imho a bias tv news station, that Mackerel ????is taking the hard line as usual as always and it will always be a hate relationship. 

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Saying it is not illegal is not defending him, it is pointing out the facts. You may prefer to avoid facts and chunter with pitchfork in hand but that does not equip you with the moral superiority you seem to presume it does. 

On another thread, without evidence, you stated that I was trying to defend Salmond and here you are stating that I am trying to defend Mackay. Both your assertions are wholly and utterly without basis. But then again, that is as with much of what you write. 

So as you have not answered, would you be happy him or anyone else that age texting your 16 year old son or daughter. It is a simple question. I know it is not illegal but it is immoral in my opinion.

Thanks for your little snide dig with your pitchfork. Please grow up. I was asking genuine questions which you are just avoiding.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 6:50 PM, nauseus said:

If you actually had a point, I must have missed it. Rumour is that Tusk has taken a new role as chief advisor to the new EU cake-topping scheme.

If your answer would be "cryptic "for a solution for the Scots ….you could be right ! ????

BTW  nice voting result in Irish elections  nice divided in 3 pieces.........equality rules there it seems , not as in "overwhelming right winged England " ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1