Sovereignty comes first: Britain lays out tough stance for EU trade talks

webfact

10 hours ago, TheDark said:

BS. After all the Brexit mess, even the hardcore nationalists around the Europe are no longer promoting departing the EU.

And this is just the beginning. During this year we'll see how UK is no longer part of the European family. After this year we'll see how UK's economy slows down considerably. 

European consumer will ask herself, should I buy from UK webstore or from European one? If the price difference is 10-20%, then it's quite obvious that she will buy her stuff from the European one. 

This example is not about manufacturing, but part of service sector, which is vital for UK's economy.

As said before. You are now the owner of Brexit. You got what you wanted, now it's Your time to follow it through and pay the bills. Brexiteers are the bosses now.

You really are a fantasist.

Brexit is not the mess, the EU is the mess... chronic mass unemployment, and growth below inflation for years, are you not paying attention?

Once the invitable US-UK trade deal (amongst others is struck), several countries in the EU will be under internal pressure to rethink. There's mass unreporting of the current crisis in France, when the next elections come it will be a shock because of all the news suppression.

When EU consumers look for value, they will turn to whichever product or service offers them value, wherever its from. They don't have any imagined EU-jingoism.

Why is it that you want your own country to fail?

23 hours ago, TheDark said:

You are quite right. EU's PR department is HUGE. It's about 400 million people, while some 50 million people are not supporting EU, but that 50 million people is a small minority. What was the population of UK again? 60 million?

And 17.4 million people voted for Brexit. 

...of the 5th largest economy of the world, with the global capital of finance, which the EU would desperately like to steal but has not realistic chance of doing so.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:19 PM, Rookiescot said:

Remember that you own this.

No amount of false bravado from all the thin skinned Brexiteers is going to cover the damage which is going to be self inflicted.

No slogans. No banal speeches from liar Johnson. No blaming others for all the grief.

You guys own this. You all sucked up those lies from the Leave campaign. 

Now man up.

it's you who are thin-skinned.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, AlbionBob said:

Personally think I'd believe the Financial Times than the Telegraph regarding Nissan ! 

Why? The FT is a left-wing infiltrated rag, the Telegraph at least tries to report actual news.

Stockbrokers no longer take the FT seriously.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, AlbionBob said:

And regarding Japanese cars, my mechanic friend tells me that they are the most reliable cars on the road !  Here in Thailand, how many Peugeots or Citroens do you see ??   Millions of Toyotas and Nissans !  

That's to do with the failure of the EU to agree a trade deal with Thailand, as well as the fact that Japan drives on the same side as Thailand, as well as the UK, and Thailand supplies Japanese car factories with parts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Just now dated 7 feb.2020

So you make the master angry ….????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7977301/Donald-Trump-BLASTED-Boris-Johnson-furious-phone-call-Huawei.html

much more in article ...????

2020-02-10_013716.png

Your jealousy and envious of the UK is astounding. Where is the Dutch in the world rankings. You seem to have a small man syndrome and need to join a conglomerate to feel safe.  Show me the transcript of this phone call

If not it is baseless mostly like all of your anti UK rhetoric. The UK is leaving the EU and it will be in a much better place to trade with the rest of the world. The EU know that and sadly some of its less significant members just can't understand and probably never will, as they do as they are told, ignore referendums and continue to be good lackeys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, codebunny said:

What a fatuous comment. You know very well that Singapore on Thames means the UK as a giant Singapore, which is precisely what the EU (i.e.: Germany is terrified of).

Why do you hate the UK so much?

No, Singapore is a city state. Impossible to recreate that at a nationwide level. Not even that British bulldog spirit would make that happen. 

And no, I don’t hate the UK. Just myth-making attempts of some brexiters to justify their decision.

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

5th? You should stop dreaming on the past.

UK is 6th or 7th depending on sources in last published data.

7a0b33c615518cb68ac89c7d60e90303.png

GDP-2020.jpg

And when you line up the EU economy with the UK economy side by side. It is a $20tn EU economy vs a $3tn economy who are going to be negotiating against each other.

Good luck with that!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

5th? You should stop dreaming on the past.

UK is 6th or 7th depending on sources in last published data.

7a0b33c615518cb68ac89c7d60e90303.png

GDP-2020.jpg

They are 6th looking at most sources, 

Not sure where you’ve seen 7th, they are closer to 5th than 7th, it’s hardly ‘dreaming’

Just now, luckyluke said:

I don't mind to be called "lackey".

We, Belgians, have no problems with the E.U., as it has no influence in our daily life. 

Belgium decide on his own for the wellfare of its citizens.

I am personally pleased by the amount of my pension my country decided to grant me. 

I know some U.K. pensioners here in Pattaya are jealous of it, even some aggressive to me, to Belgium, even to the E.U.,as it is my fault ( or Belgium, or the E.U.) , the U.K. decided to give a pittance to their elderly. 

You have stated your opinion a few times and that is fine for you. I wouldn't say I would be jealous, possibly envious your government takes better care of their pensioners.

I have 14 years left before the official retirement age and I am not concerned as I have taken care of things for myself. I would never like to be anyone's lackey. I guess we are from different countries with different views.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

A genuine question? No, an asinine question, coming after a series of posts where you have been muck spreading, getting your facts totally wrong, contradicting yourself and trying to smear me. And you have the gall to tell me to grow up? 

So you still refuse to answer the question yet again. Yes a genuine one. It speaks volumes. Nothing more to say then.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have stated your opinion a few times and that is fine for you. I wouldn't say I would be jealous, possibly envious your government takes better care of their pensioners.

I have 14 years left before the official retirement age and I am not concerned as I have taken care of things for myself. I would never like to be anyone's lackey. I guess we are from different countries with different views.

Well I state my opinion and repeat myself as many others do here. 

Good you have take care of yourself, others didn't, they can only blame themselves for it. 

To be a lackey is nowadays a figure of speech, which each of us has is own opinion if used rightly or wrongly. 

No view is( as is an opinion ),  however better or worse than any other one, and may be  only considered as noteworthy for the one who express it. 

• Like 2

Just now, luckyluke said:

Well I state my opinion and repeat myself as many others do here. 

Good you have take care of yourself, others didn't, they can only blame themselves for it. 

To be a lackey is nowadays a figure of speech, which each of us has is own opinion if used rightly or wrongly. 

No view is( as is an opinion ),  however better or worse than any other one, and may be  only considered as noteworthy for the one who express it. 

I am not questioning your repeated response, if one thing it shows consistency.

As for pensions, yes many people were conned into believing the UK state pension, would be suffice. Clearly it is not.

As for the EU we disagree and thankfully those that voted in the referendum and in the last election the majority agree with me.

Enjoy your retirement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

This is something all of us have to respect. 

I will start with your last statement. if only others would.

15 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Well I can only speak about Belgium, where the E.U. has no influence on the man of the street. 

If you disagree with that, I would like to know what concrete facts you have to pretend it isn't the case.

Never mentioned Belgium and the EU although being the capital of the EU and your relatively small economy and population, you seem to do well.

17 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

If you however state that the E.U. has an influence on the man of the street in the U.K., I must say I don't know, but would be surprised the E.U. is that selective( Interfering in one country and not in another).

With this statement we have been debating this very fact on here for 4 years. I can't be bothered going over it again but if you are late to these threads I suggest going back, say before the referendum in 2016. You will have a good read and get a better understanding form UK posters to your very question above.

• Like 1

Off topic posts and replies about Japan's stagflation have been removed. 

A post using multiple quotes has been removed:

Forum Netiquette

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes.