Are you altering your behaviour because of the virus?

jvs

No, but I live in rural Thailand

My only concern is that I am flying to Melbourne (Australia) next week to visit my elderly parents. I booked my (cheap) flights before the outbreak and my outbound flight has 2 stop-overs in SE Asia (Kuala Lumpur and Denpasar). Obviously infection risks must increase with multiple plane legs and airports.

I'm not worried for myself, but would hate to pass on anything to my elderly parents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No.  I wear a PM2.5 mask because of the horrible air.  Washing hands etc is just a sensible precaution against flu and other viruses and good hygiene!

What a wonderful pace to raise a family huh brewer!!!!!!!does your son take his mask off to eat his cereal? Or is there a whole in it?

gteat life, or shortened life for a young child living in bkk, 

1 hour ago, OffshoreMig said:

I try and avoid lift,,  does not mean i do not use them.  I try not to touch the panel with my hands (First point of cross contamination) and I take note of the air quality. Obviously the bigger the building and large number of users the greater the risk. 

There are many epidemiological studies on the risks of infections and the source of contamination.

The BBC did an very interesting survey/video program using electronic recording , Your can google it is is worth watching.  if your over 50 and or have  precondition that makes you more susceptible than most. Obviously the risks go up.  Money changing hands and documents are a common source of cross infection.  Understand the risks and methods of transmission hopefully within a month the restrictions will be lifted.  The steps ee take now will shorten the period of heightened concern.

"There are many epidemiological studies on the risks of infections and the source of contamination."

I really doubt there are studies about lifts contaminated with Coronavirus. Don't you think you're a bit overcautious? 

22 hours ago, mike787 said:

Nope!  I just do the same as with thai girls - go bareback and enjoy.  Virus only kills you if your old or weak immune system, otherwise it's a flu shot - basically.  If it doesn't kill you, thailand's roads will. 

I see you are of the, “that which does not kill me makes me stronger” school of thought. I have much the same idea but am now retired from the game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Not panicking ,but

1) keep inside unless very early shopping Tesco/ Big C opening time so limiting crowds (however some Chines seemed to have same idea GRRRR ! )

2) no FL.S or BG (postponing first times awting follw up)..) as they are the risk because meeting /frequenting to many peoples in short periods all over town !!

3) had always already 12 X 5 liters drinking water in supply 

4) cooked 2 day   deep freeze food supply for 2 months  as Backup emergency food ( all color curry's , spaghetti Bolognaise sauce +ground pork , rice and spaghetti in supply  

5 ) not wearing mask as that does only prevent spit would be spread , not for incoming danger any use (this as a mentioning only )

keep washing hands extra when bin out or contacted surfaces as ATM , doors fridges shopping places .

I Stay indoors and do some work on condo interior to keep bizzy besides Television and Computer 

Only worried I would/should need to fly E.U. in May/June and return !  

Unbelievable. You seem to be the type of person that worries about everything.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Exactly that.I see cheap hotels and flights now,so its of to enjoy a quiet holiday spot,that is normally quite busy this time of the year.????

...flying business class dirt cheap now.

17 minutes ago, jimn said:

Unbelievable. You seem to be the type of person that worries about everything.

I am a anticipating thinking always , hence not only this virus  , but also on Thai I.O. things ….. as an example the time for visa runs many years ago before my year extensions  I always went a few days before …( one can never know what can happen on the roads) …, so also because this I experienced none of the things the " no worry guy's " need advice solutions from TV for  their careless stupidities , but I live a relaxed live anyway ... 

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

More fake news.  Those pics were posted by a blogger in the US and are not even in China.

Fake comments...Denial...yep!, that's an option look how we got into this "global" mess.  

Edited by mike787

44 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

well before i was retired i would stop having sex with my clients during the really bad flu outbreaks.

is that what you mean?

Oh , my goodness ! …. you must follow Weinstein's trial with worry eyes now ….? lol 5555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We left Thailand in January - Thai wife and I are fine - fingers crossed.

We did avoid walking near any Chinese tourists on the way out and we are avoiding any Chinese tourists here - but then again we dont get any here - another positive.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm sneezing a bit more????

Its nice to be the centre of attention isn't it ????

I sneeze a lot, always have, people seem to have more interest now than they ever did before!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

To emulate Morecombe  & Wise I used to sneeze exclaim "Arsenal" now i exclaim "Wuhan"

Wuhan is phonetic sounding more right  already with it …. while Arsenal is more effort needed 555

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

Fake comments...Denial...yep!, that's an option look how we got into this "global" mess.  

If people like to see these 'prank' pics, look at this link.  There are 31 prank pics of people protecting themselves.  I'll emphasise these are PRANKS and are not to be taken seriously or posted as fact which some posters are inclined to do!

https://izismile.com/2020/02/03/all_the_coronavirus_protection_you_can_get_31_pics.html

I had to be in Hua-hin last night and also did a trip to the hospital.

From what i can see and what i read the virus is not really affecting a lot of people in

Thailand.I could not see even one Chinese person whom i could get infected by.

Flyers in the hospital in three languages and lots of Thai people wearing masks.

I do not go to Bangkok often but next week need to make a trip to the airport.

Seems like some people are worried and some are not,hope you all stay healthy and do

not catch anything nasty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

If people like to see these 'prank' pics, look at this link.  There are 31 prank pics of people protecting themselves.  I'll emphasise these are PRANKS and are not to be taken seriously or posted as fact which some posters are inclined to do!

https://izismile.com/2020/02/03/all_the_coronavirus_protection_you_can_get_31_pics.html

Is that the best you can do/got??  Really!  Come on, i expected more evidence...another key board baseless warrior...LOL!

Alright, let's play some (childish)  fact, Real news with evidence games and see...after this i don't care what you believe..

Below are links to evidence easily found by google.  Enjoy your soup.

In a paper published last year, scientists from the Wuhan Institute of Virology made an eerily prescient observation: "It is generally believed that bat-borne CoVs (coronaviruses) will re-emerge to cause the next disease outbreak," they said. "In this regard, China is a likely hotspot. The challenge is to predict when and where, so that we can try our best to prevent such outbreaks."
Daszak said that scientists have found about 50 SARS-related coronaviruses in bats all across China and the SARS coronavirus had been found in people in the southwestern province of Yunnan who lived near caves where the virus had been found in bats — although they showed no symptoms of respiratory illness during sampling.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/revolting-video-shows-woman-devouring-bat-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2094268/Video-Coronavirus-outbreak-linked-bat-soup-sold-Wuhan-market.html

https://www.ccn.com/scientists-pinpoint-2-causes-behind-chinas-deadly-coronavirus-theyre-both-shocking/

Edited by mike787

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

Is that the best you can do/got??  Really!  Come on, i expected more evidence...another key board baseless warrior...LOL!

Alright, let's play some (childish)  fact, Real news with evidence games and see...after this i don't care what you believe..

Below are links to evidence easily found by google.  Enjoy your soup.

In a paper published last year, scientists from the Wuhan Institute of Virology made an eerily prescient observation: "It is generally believed that bat-borne CoVs (coronaviruses) will re-emerge to cause the next disease outbreak," they said. "In this regard, China is a likely hotspot. The challenge is to predict when and where, so that we can try our best to prevent such outbreaks."
Daszak said that scientists have found about 50 SARS-related coronaviruses in bats all across China and the SARS coronavirus had been found in people in the southwestern province of Yunnan who lived near caves where the virus had been found in bats — although they showed no symptoms of respiratory illness during sampling.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/revolting-video-shows-woman-devouring-bat-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2094268/Video-Coronavirus-outbreak-linked-bat-soup-sold-Wuhan-market.html

https://www.ccn.com/scientists-pinpoint-2-causes-behind-chinas-deadly-coronavirus-theyre-both-shocking/

What on earth do you mean.  I was pointing out that some posters, here and on other forums, are publishing pics as fact.  There are people that believe this nonsense.  The point I was making, and I think it was clear enough, that people are scaremongering by publishing pictures as being fact.

I was pointing out the fakes.  I didn't, nor did I intend to, make any comparison with real facts.

Get yourself another beer.

• Thanks 1