Are you altering your behaviour because of the virus?

jvs

All your links show a video from 2016 and posted by an idiot. The video was not even in China but in Palau in the Western Pacific.

The SARS virus was from a bat, but passed to a civet cat which was then eaten.  The evidence to date is the same thing happened and is not caused by eating a bat but by eating a host of the virus.

Bats have a multitude of diseases which we don't catch.  The danger is when it's passed on to another animal.

Edited by HHTel
correction

15 minutes ago, HHTel said:

What on earth do you mean.  I was pointing out that some posters, here and on other forums, are publishing pics as fact.  There are people that believe this nonsense.  The point I was making, and I think it was clear enough, that people are scaremongering by publishing pictures as being fact.

I was pointing out the fakes.  I didn't, nor did I intend to, make any comparison with real facts.

Get yourself another beer.

Yeah your right...i had way too many beers already oops...good point of comparisons though...cheers!

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"There are many epidemiological studies on the risks of infections and the source of contamination."

I really doubt there are studies about lifts contaminated with Coronavirus. Don't you think you're a bit overcautious? 

No ..lifts are  common source of infection. Air-conditioning and lift buttons.  Next time you catch a lift think about it,  In large buildings with thousands of people the risk goes up. Money is another source of concern.

Edited by OffshoreMig

53 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

No ..lifts are  common source of infection. Air-conditioning and lift buttons.  Next time you catch a lift think about it,  In large buildings with thousands of people the risk goes up. Money is another source of concern.

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/environmental-hygiene/level-bacteria-elevator-buttons-40-times-higher-public-toilet-seats

In a busy building, an elevator button can be touched by dozens of different people who will have come into contact with all kinds of bacteria every hour. Even if the buttons are cleaned regularly, the potential for the build-up of bacteria is high. It is easy to see that in some environments, perhaps especially airports and hotels where there are thousands of people from different places regularly touching lift buttons, that they could be a major potential point for cross-contamination and the spread of disease.

Edited by OffshoreMig
  • Like 1

What happens if tourism from China is recommended to be banned by WHO indefinitely.  Lets face it the source of this and many many previous respiratory illnesses and pandemics has been traced to China, where their people's eating and hygiene habits are less than desirable, and in fact are condusive to the transmission of such diseases from other animals to humans. And it is clear that China are as usual not being open, honest and cooperative with WHO and other western medical experts trying to investigate this current outbreak.  Does China need to be quarantined for the safety of people in other countries?  IMO they should do it  until China opens up and cooperates, and also takes concrete steps to stop their people's bad habits eg. dont eat bats or cats or dogs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This thing just keeps expanding an i decided to not travel to europe this year.

I am not really worried about the virus myself but i just want to eliminate

any chance of catching it and infect a family member or friend or anyone else for that matter.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

This thing just keeps expanding an i decided to not travel to europe this year.

I am not really worried about the virus myself but i just want to eliminate

any chance of catching it and infect a family member or friend or anyone else for that matter.

We are both trying to spend more time in the fresh air, on the golf course. Avoiding the malls etc.

• Like 1

We've always worn  masks to counter the now normal levels of pollution throughout the land (and beyond) when not indoors or in a car. Using our eyes as a metric for the recent phenonium.

Have increased levels of cleanliness on arriving home and restricted level of access to our property.

Hopefully it will be proven that we're over-reacting. 

5 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

Im in Australia right now, the only habit ive been forced to alter is not go to woolies or coles to get things like toilet paper and pasta, their stocks have been decimated 

Sydney I presume? down Melbourne way it's aok

- but then, Melbourne was the last place on Earth in 'On The Beach'

but, looking at some new Headlines; this one caught the eye!

"Coronavirus: China's Shenzhen city to ban eating of dogs, cats, snakes, turtles and frogs to stop spread of virus"

bit late to change old habits by this stage eh!!

... horse really has bolted...

• 3 weeks later...

It has been awhile since the last response and i am sure every one is taking this serious by now.

Lots of stories and fake (scary)news and real scary news.

We are pretty much on lock down and we are ready and able to stay this way for a few weeks.

After that?Who knows.

It is easy to see what the governments around the world are doing wrong

and doing right,hind sight is great?

Things are going to get a lot worse,stay save.

I am old enough to have lived through several war, many epidemics and other crisis so I recognize my obligation to my fellow humans and am staying home here in Bangkok. I leave home only for necessities and use delivery when possible. At my age this makes the most sense for me and my large family. 

• Like 1