Marriage Extension: Bank documents

Hello dear Thaivisa friends,

On Thursday I'm going to extend my Visa to the CM Immigration office but I have a few questions regarding the bank documents:

1. Bank certificate: I understand this is a document from the bank saying I have a bank account with them and so on, right?

2. Bank statement: 3 months bank statement starting from the month I deposited 400.000 baht, correct?

3. Updated bank book: Copy of the last page showing the update on the day of the extension (I deposit a small amount). right? (or should I copy the whole bank book?)

Also, I deposited 400.000 baht on the 5th of December 2019. I will go to the immigration on Thursday the 6th of February. More than 60 days, right?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

just did mine and for me they accepted....

1 ..  a stamped letter from the bank that says how much I have in the account.(they wanted original of this)

2 .. A 3 month bank statement.

3 .. a copy of every page of my bank book ... last year they wanted all my bank books copied, but this year she said only need current book(maybe take any old ones just in case).

not sure about when you have to deposit 400k, I just leave in the bank.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

just did mine and for me they accepted....

1 ..  a stamped letter from the bank that says how much I have in the account.(they wanted original of this)

2 .. A 3 month bank statement.

3 .. a copy of every page of my bank book ... last year they wanted all my bank books copied, but this year she said only need current book(maybe take any old ones just in case).

Thank you for the fresh info Craig. Did you go to the bank after getting the queue number? 

Thats a difficult one to answer. I got there about 9 am and was out by lunch time, BUT I did go the day after immigration opened for the new year so there are a lot less people. I would say get there as early as you can under normal circumstances... there are long queues before it opens at 8.30 am.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

Also, I deposited 400.000 baht on the 5th of December 2019. I will go to the immigration on Thursday the 6th of February. More than 60 days, right?

The 400k baht needs to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension based upon marriage. You could apply on the 5th if you wanted to.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spike1938 said:

Once you have a marriage visa by showing 400k in bank do you need to show that much every year or can showing a monthly income of 65K work for visa renewals?

For an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage you can show 400k baht in the bank  or proof of 40k baht income.

The 65k baht requirement is for extensions based upon retirement.

• Like 1

you also need to have a copy of your bank book transaction page on the day you apply to show the money is still there, I also had to have a deposit showing as well on the day I applied, my bank letter was 4 days old which was fine but you need to show the money is still in the account on the application day and that it is an active account(the deposit), I also had to show my updated bank book when I went back for the approval a month later

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

As the other have stated, I thought I would add, just in case you were not aware, as I wasn't recently at my immigration office when I applied for the 3 year, that you also have to have a new Kor Ror 2 (marriage certificate updated) from your Amphur every year, on top of:

1) Your bank letter confirming the 400,000 has been in the account for 2 months

2) Copy of all pages from bank bankbook, take any old books with you as the other poster said, they may want them as well, my immigration office said ALL bankbooks need to be copied, lucky I only have the one.

3) 3 months of statements, i.e. before the 400,000 baht was deposited

4) An update of your bankbook on the day you apply for your marriage extension, i.e. deposit of withdrawal which ever you like, as long as the minimum 400,000 is shown in the bank 2 months prior.  

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage you can show 400k baht in the bank  or proof of 40k baht income.

The 65k baht requirement is for extensions based upon retirement.

And does the 40k must stay also after the extension like the new rule for retirement? Or only to the date of the extension? 

22 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

And does the 40k must stay also after the extension like the new rule for retirement? Or only to the date of the extension? 

No need to keep the 40k baht income in the bank.

I assume your meant the 400k baht that does not have to stay in the bank any longer than it takes to get your extension stamp.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to keep the 40k baht income in the bank.

I assume your meant the 400k baht that does not have to stay in the bank any longer than it takes to get your extension stamp.

Yes Sir, like it was before for the retirement, once the extension stamp on the passport we could even empty the account completely the same day, which is far from that to day with the 800,000, having to stay 3 month after the extension and the account never under 400,000 any more. 

So in fact if I understood well for the marriage extension the 400,000 only two month before the extension that's all.

3 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

So in fact if I understood well for the marriage extension the 400,000 only two month before the extension that's all.

You may have of keep in the bank until after the under consideration period when you will get your extension stamp. That is normally 30 days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Well this is my first marriage extension. Before I was on a work extension, do they want to see the previous bank books too? From when I was on a work extension? Sounds unreasonable to me...

You should only need the bank book showing the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

It would be very rare for them to want anything more than it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Well this is my first marriage extension. Before I was on a work extension, do they want to see the previous bank books too? From when I was on a work extension? Sounds unreasonable to me...

My first extension was last year ... I'd been married for 6 or so years already and swapped over from a working non-B extension. It was quite an experience and had no time for mistakes. They did want all my bank books and they were also adamant about the embassy piece of paper to say I was single when we got married(which is'nt on the list of things you need in english, but is mentioned on the other side in thai),which we did nt have and was a real pain to get . She said to me that they were only really strict on the first year... and to be fair this year was much easier although I am still under consideration for a few more days.

EDIT .. I am not miserable but I do have a miserable looking face, so there is a good chance this is my problem ????

Edited by CraigInBangkok

I still don't quite understand. Here is my scenario: I just converted from retirement to marriage visa with 400k in bank. Now I need to use part of that 400k (prob about 200k) for an angioplasty. So, if I show up next year with say 300k and proof that I receive well above 40k/mo. will I get a renewal of my marriage visa?

8 minutes ago, Spike1938 said:

I still don't quite understand. Here is my scenario: I just converted from retirement to marriage visa with 400k in bank. Now I need to use part of that 400k (prob about 200k) for an angioplasty. So, if I show up next year with say 300k and proof that I receive well above 40k/mo. will I get a renewal of my marriage visa?

If you can prove 40k baht of income you do not need to show any money in the bank.

Uff, I finally did it yesterday but very long day guys. Thankfully the officer I spoke to at CM immigration was very nice and she helped us a lot. 

I got there at 7 AM and got number 60, at 10 AM I got the real queue number L50 or something. At 1 PM we got to the desk but there were a few problems. My company didn't terminate my work extension last year and even if I got out of the country on May I had to visit the immigration to cancel the extension first... Luckily I got a letter from my company in no time and they terminated my visa. 

Afterwards they wanted a copy for any single page of my bank book. One page one sheet of paper and only on the front (I did front back copies). So back to the copy shop once again.

Finished at 3 PM and they will come to visit me in the next 10 days... what kind of questions are they gonna ask? Also during the interview they asked about my income and my wife's but I applied using 400.000 baht in the bank so I don't really understand the meaning of this question... 

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

Uff, I finally did it yesterday but very long day guys. Thankfully the officer I spoke to at CM immigration was very nice and she helped us a lot. 

I got there at 7 AM and got number 60, at 10 AM I got the real queue number L50 or something. At 1 PM we got to the desk but there were a few problems. My company didn't terminate my work extension last year and even if I got out of the country on May I had to visit the immigration to cancel the extension first... Luckily I got a letter from my company in no time and they terminated my visa. 

Afterwards they wanted a copy for any single page of my bank book. One page one sheet of paper and only on the front (I did front back copies). So back to the copy shop once again.

Finished at 3 PM and they will come to visit me in the next 10 days... what kind of questions are they gonna ask? Also during the interview they asked about my income and my wife's but I applied using 400.000 baht in the bank so I don't really understand the meaning of this question... 

I had the same run around cancelling my work permit with BOI at sam yan... I was lucky had 15 days left to get it all sorted.

I never had the "visit" and we applied with 400 000 but we had already been married 6 years. I don't think it is anything to worry about though. They are just checking you are a legitimate couple.

EDIT : I hate that L queue! they stuck me in that one to change my stamp into a new passport aswell...which of course I was over the moon about.

Edited by CraigInBangkok

38 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I had the same run around cancelling my work permit with BOI at sam yan... I was lucky had 15 days left to get it all sorted.

I never had the "visit" and we applied with 400 000 but we had already been married 6 years. I don't think it is anything to worry about though. They are just checking you are a legitimate couple.

EDIT : I hate that L queue! they stuck me in that one to change my stamp into a new passport aswell...which of course I was over the moon about.

Thanks mate, hopefully will be the same with me.

We have been married for nearly 10 years and we have 2 kids so it shouldn't be a problem. I wasn't in the best mood about the L queue as well, I was under the impression that they sorted out things for tourists in a matter of minutes while for us more 'serious' residents the rules are excessively tight. Hopefully next year by 1 PM I will be out ahah. 

• Like 1